PDA

View Full Version : In Game MP3 player interface

Bells
02-01-2014, 02:45 PM
Yes, nothing that an Alt-Tab couldn't resolve, but at the same time, a minor game feature that adds convenience anad would be highly appreciated by players, i would think.

If we could simply pick to hear our own music while playing the game... i don't doubt that the OST of the game will be of high quality. But considering extended periods of play or the repeated play through of the game, i would love to sometimes just slide in my own music without having to mess around with audio sliders and and alt tabbing. Could be the tinyiest of interfaces on the corner of the screen, but would add a lot to me. just use the player's native music player and load his own playlists y'know.

Yoss
02-01-2014, 03:03 PM
Not a feature that I would use.

Lawlschool
02-01-2014, 03:24 PM
It's a cool idea, but seems needlessly complex. Just mute the in-game music and put a playlist on in the background.

GPrime
02-01-2014, 03:32 PM
There are widgets you can use for this instead, if you'd like control if your music without alt-tabbing. However, as a native feature, I think it might just be unnecessary UI clutter.

Banquetto
02-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Sorry, sounds like a waste of developer time to me, I'm looking to CZE to build a card game, not a music player.

Xenavire
02-02-2014, 07:58 AM
I already leave media player on in the background. Not worth dev time until they run out of other features.

Errantsquire
02-07-2014, 04:07 PM
I have a Steelseries keyboard which happens to have hot keys that control programs like windows media player and it works pretty well.

Turtlewing
02-07-2014, 04:23 PM
I don't really get how it's less work to reproduce your music player settings in Hex and toggling them on/off, than toggling off the music in hex and using your (presumably) already configured music player of choice.

Mr.Funsocks
02-13-2014, 11:18 AM
Integrating streaming services would be better (Google Music, Pandora, Spotify, etc). Not a big issue, I play windowed with whatever it is I'm listening to on the other monitor anyway, but having in-game controls for that is always nice.

Edswor
02-15-2014, 12:53 AM
As most pointed, I think CZE resources are better spent in something else as you can use an external media player for this purpose.