PDA

View Full Version : Help Recording HEX

Bells
02-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Something really weird is happening when i try to record footage from HEX on my pc...

I'm using DXTorty with a Logarith lossless codec. I can easily record pretty much anything i want at 60fps in pretty much any game.

My pc is a I5 4770k with a Gtx 780 and 8GB of Ram for reference.

When i'm running HEX it's pretty much all the time on 60FPS (it's alpha, so of course the full performance is not there yet) and when i record the FPS dosen't drop much... MAYBE 55-50fps. But the File, the video render is being enconded at 20-15-9-2 FPS and changing all the time... it's terribel and i have no idea of why.

Anybody who is recording HEX... what are you using? What is your setup?

Also, any ideas on what can be done here?

Ju66ernaut
02-02-2014, 10:00 PM
Xsplit works great for recording and broadcasting, but you'll have to toss down a bit of money for a license.

Gwaer
02-02-2014, 10:18 PM
Open broadcaster software or OBS is free and I prefer it to xsplit.

Jinxies
02-03-2014, 12:45 AM
I prefer OBS as well, easy to use and works great.

Kroan
02-03-2014, 02:38 AM
OBS is great but hard to configure. A lot of people using it don't have it configured it very well resulting in framedrops and unsynced audio. Very annoying to watch. So if you're going for OBS, make sure you take the time to actually configure it right.

Jinxies
02-03-2014, 03:14 AM
There are some great tutorials for it that show up on a simple google search :3

Kami
02-03-2014, 05:50 AM
Just to clarify, are you trying to record or stream? Or record/stream simultaneously?

As for why you're experiencing frame drops at all in recording... DXTory is HDD speed dependent. If your HDD is slow, you'll not have a good time. Fraps is probably your best choice for pure recording (although still HDD dependent).

For streaming, it's a toss-up between XSplit and OBS. Performance is roughly equal.

Gwaer
02-03-2014, 07:09 AM
Kami is correct. But I've had good success with recording my OBS streams to HDD rather than streaming. It is an option. Though traps might be better?