PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Hex TCG - Deck Builder App for Android Released!

Chaxtreme
02-08-2014, 07:32 AM
Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ozawa.hextcgdeckbuilder

Update with feature list:

**** Version 1.3 Features ****
Updated with latest card list and game text.
Socketing cards is now enabled.
Cards that are related to other cards i.e. The Triumvirate, can now be viewed by tapping the card in full screen mode.
About page added with details about the app, and links to official Hex TCG sites, as well as some community content.
Some architectural changes have been made.
Various bugs have been taken care of.

**** Patch 1.2 New Features ****
Updated game text, portraits, and card templates with latest patch.
Added advanced filtering options as well as increased the range of the text search.
Added new test draw functionality so you can now draw, mulligan, and redraw your custom decks.
Squashed various bugs.

**** Patch 1.1.1 New Features ****
Added new gold colour to list view.
Fixed list view crash and optimised list view.

**** Patch 1.1 New Features ****
Updated game text to latest patch notes.
Added new gold card template.
Added unique text, faction, and rarity to card.
Squashed some minor bugs.

**** Version 1.0 Features ****
Full card list from the latest update of Hex TCG.
Ability to filter cards by colour and type.
Ability to text search card name or game text.
Create, save, and load custom decks.
Assign Champions to decks.

Hi folks, a while ago we created a post on Reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/hextcg/comments/1vrv8s/upcoming_unofficial_hex_tcg_deckbuilder_android/) to say that a couple of friends and I were developing a Hex TCG Deck Builder app for Android... We're happy to announce that we've release the 1.0 version of our Deck Builder App.

Current Features

Full card list from the latest update
Ability to filter cards by colour and type.
Ability to text search card name or game text
Create, save, and load decks
Assign Champions to decks.

We've done our best to ensure that almost all bugs have been squashed but we may have missed a couple so if you spot one, please let us know. We've also tested the app on as many devices as we could to enure it will work for you, but in case you have any trouble with your phone / tablet your feedback would be much appreciated.

We've plans for a lot more features for the app including deck statistics and exporting decks,and we'll try to get those out as soon as possible (we're just three guys making this app as a fun side project so bare with us)!

If there's any additional features you'd like to see, please let us know we'd love to get your input.

Thanks for your support, and if you like the app feel free to give it a good review on the Google Play Store.

Disclaimer: We have no relationship with Cryptozoic, this app is not officially endorsed and most of the artwork it contains remains the property of Cryptozoic.

Slish
02-08-2014, 09:09 AM
I just downloaded and tested this app.

Wow.... You guys did great job! This app is looking great and very functional, even better than web-based deckbuilders out now.

Gwaer
02-08-2014, 09:26 AM
Wish I had an android device to test it on. If you do an iOS version please let me know. =)

Stok3d
02-08-2014, 07:27 PM
WoW!

LordGorchnik
02-08-2014, 08:05 PM
This is high quality stuff right here. Great job on this. Looking forward to having more details and features as time goes on! This needs to be in Cryptozoic's Friday update next week.

Chaxtreme
02-09-2014, 04:11 AM
Thanks for positive feedback folks! As long as CZE doesn't have a problem with it, we'll keep making the app better, and keep you posted about updates!

Aradon
02-09-2014, 08:55 AM
I don't recognize quite a few of these cards. Did you pull them directly from the game files, or has there been an update I missed with all these additions.
Also, I found a minor bug: after filtering by search, and then adding a card to my deck, then switching to list view, it showed me only two cards to select, even after I cleared the filters. It fixed itself when I switched back to card view.

mudkip
02-09-2014, 09:38 AM
Very nice app! The tutorial was very well done.

Thanks for positive feedback folks! As long as CZE doesn't have a problem with it, we'll keep making the app better, and keep you posted about updates!
I doubt it, unless they want to release their own app. This information is already available and the infrastructure of apps like this will help with the launch.

Xenavire
02-09-2014, 10:54 AM
One of the better free apps around, and a very well put together deck builder. I feel like it is missing something but I cannot for the life of me figure it out - maybe when it is more fleshed out that nagging feeling will go away.

Anyway, great app, glad you guys decided to put it together.

Chaxtreme
02-09-2014, 12:44 PM
I don't recognize quite a few of these cards. Did you pull them directly from the game files, or has there been an update I missed with all these additions.
Also, I found a minor bug: after filtering by search, and then adding a card to my deck, then switching to list view, it showed me only two cards to select, even after I cleared the filters. It fixed itself when I switched back to card view.

Yeah, all the cards are pulled from the game files so there are probably cards in the app that are yet to become available in the Alpha.

Thanks for the bug report, I'll be sure to look into it!

Chaxtreme
02-09-2014, 12:44 PM
One of the better free apps around, and a very well put together deck builder. I feel like it is missing something but I cannot for the life of me figure it out - maybe when it is more fleshed out that nagging feeling will go away.

Anyway, great app, glad you guys decided to put it together.

Appreciate it! And don't worry, what ever's missing, we'll find it!

Lawlschool
02-09-2014, 01:14 PM
This is pretty awesome guys, looks great on a tablet! The tutorial is a nice touch too (though, heads up, there's a minor grammar error on the last step).

bojanglesz
02-09-2014, 01:25 PM
iOS pleaaaaseee. :D

Xenavire
02-09-2014, 01:35 PM
iOS pleaaaaseee. :D

Forgive my ignorance here, but isn't it a lot harder to 'publish' to iOS than it is to android? Not saying they shouldn't try, but if my info is accurate, it might not be easy for them to do 'overnight' (not to mention they have to program a whole new version.)

Kroan
02-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Forgive my ignorance here, but isn't it a lot harder to 'publish' to iOS than it is to android? Not saying they shouldn't try, but if my info is accurate, it might not be easy for them to do 'overnight' (not to mention they have to program a whole new version.)

The problem with iOS is that it requires a yearly fee of $99. I have an iOS version of a Hex TCG ready to ship, but I haven't convinced myself to fork down the money. The main problem I have is that I would've charge money for it to cover the previously mentioned fee, and that somehow doesn't feel right.

Xenavire
02-09-2014, 02:02 PM
The problem with iOS is that it requires a yearly fee of $99. I have an iOS version of a Hex TCG ready to ship, but I haven't convinced myself to fork down the money. The main problem I have is that I would've charge money for it to cover the previously mentioned fee, and that somehow doesn't feel right.

That is largely what I expected. You aren't obligated to upload it (especially with no official go-ahead from CZE) and I doubt they would let you charge for it (if you were to charge for it I bet it would be violating some kind of agreement with them), so unless CZE adopts it officially and offers to pay for it, you are probably going to be A) not uploading it, or B) uploading it at a loss.

And this is a large part of why I adopted android instead of iOS - more indie accessible.

Kroan
02-09-2014, 02:12 PM
That is largely what I expected. You aren't obligated to upload it (especially with no official go-ahead from CZE) and I doubt they would let you charge for it (if you were to charge for it I bet it would be violating some kind of agreement with them), so unless CZE adopts it officially and offers to pay for it, you are probably going to be A) not uploading it, or B) uploading it at a loss.

And this is a large part of why I adopted android instead of iOS - more indie accessible.
Hm. I disagree that it's more indie accessible, but that's a another discussion. I could upload it through a 3rd person I know, but again, I'm still considering my options.

bojanglesz
02-09-2014, 04:31 PM
I mean, duh, they'd have to code a new version. But yeah, there is a 99$ fee to become an App Store dev.

e: What Kroan said.

Ju66ernaut
02-09-2014, 09:08 PM
I am loving this app! If you are open to suggestions, a resource calculator would be nice.

1) User selects how many resources he would like in his deck.
2) User tallies up the total casting cost of for the cards in each shard in puts the data into the calculator.
3) App does the math to find the percentage for each shard given and applies it to the total resources desired.
4) App suggests to the user how many of each resource should go into the deck.

Its not a hard and fast rule, but certainly helps to have a general idea of what the resource split should be if you're working under a clock in a limited format.

FlyingMeatchip
02-10-2014, 01:31 AM
Saw this when waiting for sealed match with Gprime and Fliperon. Awesome stuff! Every once in a while the app suddenly crashes and closes. Also, The text is missing from the non highlighted view of the cards. Fliperon and I discovered full card art for a short time before it was taken out with the latest patch. Could full art be a possibilty in your app? Hey CZE, bring back the full card art option that shizit was awesome! Well done and thanks for the app.

FlyingMeatchip
02-10-2014, 01:35 AM

Those are cards that are coming soon.....Generals Tent....whoa.

Cernz
02-10-2014, 02:38 AM
it would be great to sort the cards by treshhold 1+ or to only show cards with treshold X
(i also miss this in the hex client - or maybe it is possible? - didnt find something)

Chaxtreme
02-10-2014, 03:20 AM
I am loving this app! If you are open to suggestions, a resource calculator would be nice.

1) User selects how many resources he would like in his deck.
2) User tallies up the total casting cost of for the cards in each shard in puts the data into the calculator.
3) App does the math to find the percentage for each shard given and applies it to the total resources desired.
4) App suggests to the user how many of each resource should go into the deck.

Its not a hard and fast rule, but certainly helps to have a general idea of what the resource split should be if you're working under a clock in a limited format.

Great suggestion! We'll be bringing in Deck Stats in a future patch so we'll definitely try to add a feature like this!

Chaxtreme
02-10-2014, 03:23 AM
Those are cards that are coming soon.....Generals Tent....whoa.

Looks unreal, but if / when it does come in, I imagine it will be balanced immediately....

Also, in relation to your random crashes, sorry about that! If it happens again, could you hit the 'Report' button, that sends the details of the crash to us so we can try track down the cause. Cheers!

Chaxtreme
02-10-2014, 03:24 AM
it would be great to sort the cards by treshhold 1+ or to only show cards with treshold X
(i also miss this in the hex client - or maybe it is possible? - didnt find something)

Should be doable. Filtering by threshold / cost is probably something we'll introduce in a future patch. Thanks for the suggestion!

Chaxtreme
02-10-2014, 03:33 AM

One of the reason we went with Android, it's cheaper, we didn't have the OSX to develop on, and we're already Java developers by trade :)

If we ever get around to developing a version for iOS, and you'd be interested in helping / sharing your existing source code that would be awesome. Or in the meantime, if you decide to go ahead and release an iOS version, that would also be awesome.

Aradon
02-10-2014, 04:36 AM
Looks unreal, but if / when it does come in, I imagine it will be balanced immediately....

Also, in relation to your random crashes, sorry about that! If it happens again, could you hit the 'Report' button, that sends the details of the crash to us so we can try track down the cause. Cheers!

General's Tent has already been spoiled/confirmed, though they may decide to balance it still. But yeah, they're real cards. I just was wondering if they were officially in yet.

FlyingMeatchip
02-10-2014, 05:09 AM
What about full card art in the app?

Chaxtreme
02-10-2014, 05:22 AM
What about full card art in the app?

Do you mean a screen that shows just the card portrait (and all the mystery that is hidden behind the rest of the card template in game)?

Xenavire
02-10-2014, 06:13 AM
All the new cards look fairly awesome. Excited to try Grave concerns and Briar legion decks. Anyone know what the portal artifact is meant to do?

By the way, cards are missing faction and unique markers, plus rarity. Rarity is barely noteworthy right now, but unique tags would be especially useful if possible.

FlyingMeatchip
02-10-2014, 06:26 AM
Do you mean a screen that shows just the card portrait (and all the mystery that is hidden behind the rest of the card template in game)?

Exactly, Fliperon and myself discovered this playing one day, then it was removed at the patch. Some real nice extended art pics. At the time you just zoomed in on the card and hit the little up arrow on the left side.

Chaxtreme
02-10-2014, 07:04 AM
All the new cards look fairly awesome. Excited to try Grave concerns and Briar legion decks. Anyone know what the portal artifact is meant to do?

By the way, cards are missing faction and unique markers, plus rarity. Rarity is barely noteworthy right now, but unique tags would be especially useful if possible.

We actually just added the code last night to show unique text, but haven't patched the app yet... We may put in the faction / rarity, but I'm not sure how important they are at this time.

Exactly, Fliperon and myself discovered this playing one day, then it was removed at the patch. Some real nice extended art pics. At the time you just zoomed in on the card and hit the little up arrow on the left side.

Really? I was wondering why that was a button that didn't do anything! We'll have a look into throwing in the full portrait feature because you're right, some of the art that isn't show is pretty cool.

Xenavire
02-10-2014, 08:16 AM
Faction is only kinda cool because of the Banner artifact - it isn't required but would speed up theory crafting. Rarity is irrelevant until our collections matter, and even then is useless for pure theory.

Looking forward to the patch btw. Do you have unique listings for only cards in alpha? Or also for the unreleased cards? Wondering because of the new version of the invincible diamond card - now with shard fixing!

Loving the app, can't wait until you flesh out some of the features. Only wish it could upload the decks directly into the game (a man can dream!)

Gwaer
02-10-2014, 08:26 AM
I suggest downloading the iOS dev tools, then releasing the hextcg app on cydia, jail breaking is super easy and let's you deliver apps while circumventing apples nonsense. But that's just me.

Rendakor
02-10-2014, 08:27 AM
Rarity is useful info for considering a card's value in limited.

A feature I would like to see is the ability to export a text list, for posting online.

Xenavire
02-10-2014, 08:58 AM
Actually, a sealed simulator would be cool, but it would be a pain to code. Might not be worth the effort though.

But Rendakor dies have a point about the rarity that I didn't consider.

mudkip
02-10-2014, 09:52 AM
Yeah, all the cards are pulled from the game files so there are probably cards in the app that are yet to become available in the Alpha.
This would be the only issue that CZE have. I'm pretty sure data-mining the files is against the EULA.

Like I said before, I'm sure they will be cool with it since despite the spoiling it will be a benefit in the long run.

A feature I would like to see is the ability to export a text list, for posting online.

Just imagine if when you received your Sealed cards, you are given a QR code which you can use to sync your cards to a 3rd party app (like on Airdroid) then you can make the deck and send it back. It would allow people to use the tool that they think is best for making a deck. Ahhh, I can dream.

Chaxtreme
02-10-2014, 10:48 AM
Faction is only kinda cool because of the Banner artifact - it isn't required but would speed up theory crafting. Rarity is irrelevant until our collections matter, and even then is useless for pure theory.

Looking forward to the patch btw. Do you have uniqye listings for only cards in alpha? Or also for the unreleased cards? Wondering because of the new version of the invincible diamond card - now with shard fixing!

Loving the app, can't wait until you flesh out some of the features. Only wish it could upload the decks directly into the game (a man can dream!)

At the moment we don't distinguish between cards in Alpha and not, but we're looking in to adding more filtering options and that may be one.

As for uploading decks directly, it's something we'd love to have, and if the game infrastructure eventually allows it, you can bet we'll put it in!

Exporting to a text file is an awesome idea. Consider that added to our development backlog!

Just imagine if when you received your Sealed cards, you are given a QR code which you can use to sync your cards to a 3rd party app (like on Airdroid) then you can make the deck and send it back. It would allow people to use the tool that they think is best for making a deck. Ahhh, I can dream.

If only....

Xenavire
02-10-2014, 10:48 AM
This would be the only issue that CZE have. I'm pretty sure data-mining the files is against the EULA.

Like I said before, I'm sure they will be cool with it since despite the spoiling it will be a benefit in the long run.

The only issue that I think that they will have is with the fact they are spoiled in incomplete form (considering that there are about 10-15 cards, not counting transformations or created cards, that are included in the app that are not officially revealed.) Most were already officially spoiled, so the main issue is with the few 'brand new' spoils - CZE has had no say in revealing them and they may be out of date or completely removed, and are left over data.

So that would be about the only issue, but I think datamining should be avoided unless CZE gives the go ahead, especially for future sets. And PvE - one thing I hate about WoW is that all the drops in a dungeon are known weeks or months before a major patch or expansion, giving you no surprises.

Eh, going off topic, and honestly anyone could find those files without specifically data mining the last I checked. There were art assets and all sorts of interesting things just sitting inside the Hex folder - things from customisable keep parts to full card artworks. If CZE makes an effort to hide those from the players, then it really would take datamining to find this info.

Xenavire
02-10-2014, 10:53 AM
At the moment we don't distinguish between cards in Alpha and not, but we're looking in to adding more filtering options and that may be one.

I think you misunderstood: I meant to say, can you see which cards are meant to have unique tags? Not those that are released, because we know which cards are unique, but the unreleased cards, will they be unique or not? For example, there are some very powerful and costly artifacts that might be candidates for being unique, as are certain troops (Lilix in fact was in the alpha as a unique, and it may have changed.)

So are you able to find that information? I don't mind building decks with unreleased cards (already made a Grave Concerns zombie army deck waiting for it's release) but knowing if a card is meant to be unique or not would influence the deckbuilding.

Chaxtreme
02-10-2014, 01:52 PM
I think you misunderstood: I meant to say, can you see which cards are meant to have unique tags? Not those that are released, because we know which cards are unique, but the unreleased cards, will they be unique or not? For example, there are some very powerful and costly artifacts that might be candidates for being unique, as are certain troops (Lilix in fact was in the alpha as a unique, and it may have changed.)

So are you able to find that information? I don't mind building decks with unreleased cards (already made a Grave Concerns zombie army deck waiting for it's release) but knowing if a card is meant to be unique or not would influence the deckbuilding.

Ah, my bad, I get what you're saying now. Yes, information on cards being unique (even ones that aren't available in the client) is there for us. However, that's not to say they will not change when they are released into Alpha. Once we patch with the new information you'll know which cards are currently unique and which aren't.

Xenavire
02-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Ah, my bad, I get what you're saying now. Yes, information on cards being unique (even ones that aren't available in the client) is there for us. However, that's not to say they will not change when they are released into Alpha. Once we patch with the new information you'll know which cards are currently unique and which aren't.

More than good enough, I was expecting nothing at all. Great news, thanks!

Hexgo
02-11-2014, 02:50 PM
Is it html5 based? can you get it to work on Firefox OS? :-)

Mejis
02-11-2014, 08:13 PM
Wow, just wow. Amazing work guys. I love it, and finally an app that Android users get before iOS ;)

How is it that your deckbuilder displays the cards so rapidly yet the HEX Client loads them so slowly? Any chance you can shoot them your code ;)

I'm just joking of course, I know the deckbuilder in the client is still a work in progress, but it's my pet hate having to wait for all the cards to buffer in before I can actually start using it.

xou
02-12-2014, 01:11 AM
hey! how dare you make this app free?! I want to pay my hard earned cash for such a quality product! :mad:

Chaxtreme
02-12-2014, 04:38 AM
Is it html5 based? can you get it to work on Firefox OS?

Unfortunately not, it's pure Java I'm afraid.

Wow, just wow. Amazing work guys. I love it, and finally an app that Android users get before iOS

How is it that your deckbuilder displays the cards so rapidly yet the HEX Client loads them so slowly? Any chance you can shoot them your code ;)

I'm just joking of course, I know the deckbuilder in the client is still a work in progress, but it's my pet hate having to wait for all the cards to buffer in before I can actually start using it.

Glad you like it! We did I best to optimize the speed, I guess it's a lot easier for your phone to read from it's memory than the game to pull the data from a server / your local install and present it (for now). :)

hey! how dare you make this app free?! I want to pay my hard earned cash for such a quality product! :mad:

Haha, and we want to let you! :) But feel free to tell any Hex players you know about the app, and maybe give it a 5 star review on the Google Play Store, that'd be great!

havocx42
02-12-2014, 09:16 AM
Wow, just wow. Amazing work guys. I love it, and finally an app that Android users get before iOS ;)

The main reason for this is actually that we use slightly lower quality images than the game uses and we store them as jpegs which are much smaller and so quicker to read. We also only load the images that are currently displayed on screen and then cache them.

mudkip
02-12-2014, 09:59 AM
The main reason for this is actually that we use slightly lower quality images than the game uses and we store them as jpegs which are much smaller and so quicker to read. We also only load the images that are currently displayed on screen and then cache them.

The picture quality looks really high on my Nexus 10 and loads really fast.

FlyingMeatchip
02-12-2014, 10:25 AM
for deck building....can you make a thin sidebar to put selected cards in. Something you could drop it in and see the smaller tile of card and amount of cards. For example...kind of.... (a card tile) x 4, a visible list is more helpful to me in building a deck.

Mejis
02-12-2014, 01:08 PM

So the client doesn't store them locally and has to pull them from a server each time?
Is that to prevent any kind of cheating/hacking?
If the latter is true, wouldn't it be easier to store them locally and have some kind of encryption/validation to make sure they haven't been altered? (<I have no idea what I'm talking about btw).

The quality of the cards looks amazing on my Nexus 7 btw.

hawkstalion
02-12-2014, 01:16 PM
The picture quality looks really high on my Nexus 10 and loads really fast.

So the client doesn't store them locally and has to pull them from a server each time?
If the latter is true, wouldn't it be easier to store them locally and have some kind of encryption/validation to make sure they haven't been altered? (<I have no idea what I'm talking about btw).

The quality is only lowered a tiny bit and converted to JPEG which makes then much smaller which makes them faster to load and like Havocx42 said its then cached so it stays in memory.

They are stored locally but as they are now I think all the images for the cards are well over 400 megs and it loads them all at once instead of whats on your screen right now which is why it takes so long!

Chaxtreme
02-12-2014, 01:26 PM
for deck building....can you make a thin sidebar to put selected cards in. Something you could drop it in and see the smaller tile of card and amount of cards. For example...kind of.... (a card tile) x 4, a visible list is more helpful to me in building a deck.

Might be difficult with the current set up, but the suggestions is food for thought. Some indication on the cards currently in your custom deck while in the card library would be nice. Thanks!

The quality of the cards looks amazing on my Nexus 7 btw.

Most of the assets are stored on your PC, but like havoc mentioned since we're using .jpgs the image size is much lower, and we've also reduced the quality of the images slightly to reduce file size again. The difference in image is pretty negligible, particularly on devices with smaller screens, but the game would definitely want to keep using the highest quality .png format for the best looking gaming experience.

Fun side note: Myself and one of the other developers do a lot of testing and development on our Nexus 7s so you can bet it'll look good on that ;)

Mejis
02-12-2014, 02:10 PM
... the cards are well over 400 megs and it loads them all at once instead of whats on your screen right now which is why it takes so long!

Ah I see, well that will likely be the reason then.
Hope they can stream them in better at some stage in the future.

hex_colin
02-12-2014, 02:56 PM

Kroan - PM me your email address and I'll PayPal you the money so that you can release it free (for now anyway).

Xenavire
02-12-2014, 04:46 PM
Kroan - PM me your email address and I'll PayPal you the money so that you can release it free (for now anyway).

Colin - please forgive me, but you are FUCKING AWESOME. I can never get over how generous you are whenever something like this comes along. You are really a role model, and if I even find a way to have excess money (more than I need to survive) I will do my best to follow your example. Seriously, you are one of my favourite people here and we have never met or had any kind of meaningful interaction - I just see your passion for Hex and it is almost like seeing a second Cory.

Never change - you are too awesome.

Gwaer
02-12-2014, 05:03 PM
Seconded. Colin is definitely one of the best people I've ever met.

havocx42
02-15-2014, 03:22 AM
Hi, we patched the app, and then quickly patched again (whoops).
There are a couple of new features and we updated the card text. Details below. Keep the suggestions coming please!

**** Patch 1.1 New Features ****

Updated game text to latest patch notes.
Added new gold card template.
Added unique text, faction, and rarity to card.
Squashed some minor bugs.

**** Patch 1.1.1 New Features ****

Added new gold colour to list view.
Fixed list view crash and optimised list view.

Xenavire
02-15-2014, 11:01 AM
It just keeps getting better. Keeping it up to date is worthwhile.

One thing - kraken guard mariner and shield trainer have switched art. No biggy.

knightofeffect
02-15-2014, 01:44 PM
Wow, Colin that is really awesome!

I would certainly be will to buy the app if it was available in the app store.

hex_colin
02-15-2014, 02:46 PM
I would certainly be will to buy the app if it was available in the app store.

Me too! That's why I made the offer! :) I've been looking for a way to check cards out on my iPad while I'm flying.

Anyway, Kroan is finishing up some fixes he wants to make and we'll see it eventually. :)

MDRockstar
02-15-2014, 03:10 PM
Wow awesome!

PineappleOranges
02-15-2014, 10:47 PM
It has been awhile a couple months since I have touched Hex TCG, but this app gets me curious about attempting to learn and make my own app, for BlackBerry 10 (particularly my Z10). I doubt I'd get anywhere with it; however, I am unemployed, bored, and I do like learning, plus playing the game again could be fun! :)

Maybe I will consider installing the .apk to give this app and the the Android runtime on my phone a whirl.

Thanks for the application. I have high hopes for this game.

-PineappleOranges
Proud Z10 Owner & Hex TCG Slacker Backer

Update: I started to learn Cascades and using QML for the UI, but I think I'm going to abandon my effort. I tried looking for card images, but all I could find was portraits and card descriptions. Additionally, I couldn't find the an image file with the border and gems for the cards. I don't have the patience. :(

Chaxtreme
03-22-2014, 07:17 AM
Hi folks, sorry it's been awhile since we last updated the app, but the three of us have been busy with our real jobs and haven't had as much time to work on the app as we'd like.

That said, we just released a new patch today!

**** Version 1.3 Features ****
Updated with latest card list and game text.
Socketing cards is now enabled.
Cards that are related to other cards i.e. The Triumvirate, can now be viewed by tapping the card in full screen mode.
About page added with details about the app, and links to official Hex TCG sites, as well as some community content.
Some architectural changes have been made.
Various bugs have been taken care of.

We've been making some architectural changes that we'll phase in over the next patch or two that will help us update the cards a lot quicker. There's also a couple of none issues we're trying to address as soon as possible.

Thanks for all your support and we hope you enjoy the latest update!

Xenavire
03-22-2014, 07:23 AM
Just as I thought you guys disappeared, you come here and announce a huge update! *scurries off to download*

RobHaven
03-28-2014, 11:53 AM
I know this is bordering on necro territory, but I needed to pop in here and say my piece.

I finally downloaded this today - what the f. It looks great. It feels great. I love it. I can't wait to get home and toss it on the tablet so I can see this ish larger.

Great job, homies. Well played. Good form.

Xenavire
03-28-2014, 12:30 PM
I know this is bordering on necro territory, but I needed to pop in here and say my piece.

I finally downloaded this today - what the f. It looks great. It feels great. I love it. I can't wait to get home and toss it on the tablet so I can see this ish larger.

Necro? Only counts for threads not active for over a month. This one has been about 6 days, you are easily safe. :)

Yubar
03-29-2014, 11:14 AM
This is so awesome, I really think the ingame editor should copy this one, thanks so much.

EntropyBall
03-31-2014, 04:28 PM
I know this is impossible now, but I hope that someday Hex's client will be able to import decklists, so that I can build something here and then just import it into Hex.

Have you guys considered partnering with one of the Hex database/deckbuilding sites, so that people can sync their decks across PC/mobile. I've built a ton of decks on hex.tcgbrowser.com, for example, and being able to use your editor on my phone to manipulate those decks would be pretty awesome. The guy who runs that site is pretty responsive, so it might be something to look into.

Also, seems like I can't save a deck or select my champ in the current version (HTC one). I can browse champs but the "select champ" button is greyed out, and I can hit save and give it a name, but it says "failed to save", and then the "Save" button doesn't do anything after that.

Werlix
03-31-2014, 04:52 PM
I know this is impossible now, but I hope that someday Hex's client will be able to import decklists, so that I can build something here and then just import it into Hex.

Have you guys considered partnering with one of the Hex database/deckbuilding sites, so that people can sync their decks across PC/mobile. I've built a ton of decks on hex.tcgbrowser.com, for example, and being able to use your editor on my phone to manipulate those decks would be pretty awesome. The guy who runs that site is pretty responsive, so it might be something to look into.

Also, seems like I can't save a deck or select my champ in the current version (HTC one). I can browse champs but the "select champ" button is greyed out, and I can hit save and give it a name, but it says "failed to save", and then the "Save" button doesn't do anything after that.

Yeah I'm getting the "Failed to save" error too. But it seems to be actually saving fine, just giving the error message.

Thraeg
04-01-2014, 02:55 PM
This is a great tool. Thanks for putting it together. One minor request, though: is there any way to offer a button as an alternative to the swipe-from-the-side menus, or make the active "edge" area just a bit wider? The case I have on my tablet makes it hard to get my finger to the very edge of the screen, so I either have to lift it up beforehand or have it sometimes read the swipe as adding a card to the deck.

Chaxtreme
04-02-2014, 02:34 AM

You sir are a gent and scholar.

This is so awesome, I really think the ingame editor should copy this one, thanks so much.

Thank ya kindly.

We'd love to be able to import directly into the game. Hopefully someday CZE will release an API to achieve this, but we'll see.

We hadn't thought about partnering, but it could be something that happens in the future.

Apologies for the save deck issue, we'll look into it straight away! If the button becomes greyed out then the deck may have been saved anyway. Check the load deck list to see if it appears there too.

Yeah I'm getting the "Failed to save" error too. But it seems to be actually saving fine, just giving the error message.

Yeah, might just be a phantom error of some kind, but we'll squash that bug soon! :)

This is a great tool. Thanks for putting it together. One minor request, though: is there any way to offer a button as an alternative to the swipe-from-the-side menus, or make the active "edge" area just a bit wider? The case I have on my tablet makes it hard to get my finger to the very edge of the screen, so I either have to lift it up beforehand or have it sometimes read the swipe as adding a card to the deck.

Thanks for the feedback! Good call on this... We'll look into increasing its target area or adding a button to make it more accessible.