PDA

View Full Version : Sealed Format..

Mahes
02-09-2014, 09:17 AM
Having now played sealed quite a bit, I can say that unless a unique prize is offered, I will never spend money for this format. It is way to luck driven and "Blue" is almost a must color to play unless you have a really solid draw in the other colors. Almost every person I play has blue mixed in to their decks. I have played Blue/White( Majority of time), Blue/Black, Blue/Red but not Blue green yet. Red is way to weak in this format. I only played red one time and that was because I had the Rage 4 flyer and the constant that super buffed my creatures.

I am looking forward to draft just so that I can see other decks that do not run Blue+ something. Also, I believe draft to be a much better format for skill as opposed to just plain luck.

Sealed is ok, but now that I have tried it, it is not my cup of tea when I have to pay money to play.

mudkip
02-09-2014, 10:27 AM
... unless a unique prize is offered, I will never spend money for this format.
Some people like it. As you said, I think more people will enjoy Draft.

Noone is forcing you to spend money on a format you don't enjoy :)

It is way to luck driven and "Blue" is almost a must color to play unless you have a really solid draw in the other colors. Almost every person I play has blue mixed in to their decks. I have played Blue/White( Majority of time), Blue/Black, Blue/Red but not Blue green yet. Red is way to weak in this format. I only played red one time and that was because I had the Rage 4 flyer and the constant that super buffed my creatures.
I think one factor is because it feels like the colour split of Set 1 is biased towards blue. As the set reaches 100% it should even out.

However, I do agree that blue is a bit unbalanced. Cards like Oracle Song (common) are hard to pass up, also Thunderbird which can win games by itself and is also common.

Aradon
02-09-2014, 10:52 AM
Also, the fact that any gemmed card can gain flying by playing blue always pulls me towards that. It's too good to pass up in most cases.

Xenavire
02-09-2014, 10:59 AM
Flight is very, very powerful in sealed. Any sapphire deck, any sapphire splashed deck, and some diamond decks can be especially dangerous.

Plus Sapphire has the largest amount of common removal (even if it isn't hard removal) and can easily be mixed with blood or diamond for some extra removal. Basically, Sapphire is the top dog right now, but it wont last forever. There are still unreleased cards that can change the meta, but I do think a few sapphire cards could be tweaked in terms of rarity. Rage bird could go up to uncommon for example (even in constructed it can win games solo, its just that good.)

Overall I think the issues will sort themselves out, but a few things might be better off being tweaked.