PDA

View Full Version : New art for basic resources?

eimerian
02-12-2014, 09:19 AM
I'm one of those crazy people, who love to collect old basic lands from Magic for their art.
And I know I'm not alone in this :)

So I wonder, will there be new basic resources with new art in future sets?

Xenavire
02-12-2014, 09:22 AM
Considering they are currently free, probably not. Not in sets at least. However, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Alt Art promo's, and non-basic resources having alternate art as well.

So it's a probably not, but maybe kinda scenario. Would be interested in CZE's stance on this.

Umaro
02-12-2014, 10:45 AM
But the opponent would rarely see them. :/ This would be purely for your own entertainment. I'd much rather the effort be put into alternate arts on other cards, that both players could actually enjoy.

DackFayden
02-12-2014, 12:08 PM
Couldn't I just alter files on my comp to change the look of cards. Much like in MTGO?

Ju66ernaut
02-12-2014, 12:16 PM
I have a feeling that may be against the Terms of Service Dack

eimerian
02-12-2014, 12:58 PM
I guess the bigger question is, if basic resources will be considered to be actual cards that we own, or just token things that pop into existence as you need them for deckbuilding. I would somehow prefer the former.

Yoss
02-12-2014, 01:01 PM
I guess the bigger question is, if basic resources will be considered to be actual cards that we own, or just token things that pop into existence as you need them for deckbuilding. I would somehow prefer the former.

It is the latter, they're unlimited and free.

Rendakor
02-12-2014, 01:19 PM
Do basic resources utilize the double-back?

Rycajo
02-12-2014, 02:26 PM
Basic resources would not use the double back as each resource you use is not a unique card. I could see them adding in AA basic resources that would then utilize the double back, though I imagine that would be a long way off if ever.

LeMazing
02-12-2014, 02:42 PM
Couldn't I just alter files on my comp to change the look of cards. Much like in MTGO? Yep, you can. Unfortunately I don't have the ability to tell you which folder the art assets are in at the moment, but here's what I did a month ago:

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/436838/modules/forum/attachments/Custom_1387328908.png

As you can see, the champion images can be changed as well. ;)

EDIT: Keep copies of the original image and your edited ones as well, since patching overwrites them.

DackFayden
02-12-2014, 07:13 PM
Yep, you can. Unfortunately I don't have the ability to tell you which folder the art assets are in at the moment, but here's what I did a month ago:

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/436838/modules/forum/attachments/Custom_1387328908.png

EDIT: Keep copies of the original image and your edited ones as well, since patching overwrites them.

Hmmm thanks, but I do get the strangest feeling we're not supposed to talk about altering game files. Something about the TermsOfService. I'm not too sure though

But funny pic do anymore? I have a doling I'll be doing the same thing except with Leonidas

LeMazing
02-12-2014, 08:27 PM
Hmmm thanks, but I do get the strangest feeling we're not supposed to talk about altering game files. Something about the TermsOfService. I'm not too sure though

But funny pic do anymore? I have a doling I'll be doing the same thing except with Leonidas Never really thought about that. I'll take a look at the ToS next chance I get, though I think it would be weird for them to take issue with modifying files that only affect the client side of things.

Mr.Funsocks
02-13-2014, 11:16 AM
Quite frankly, if there's a cheat discovered where modifying files client-side will actually help, the game is doomed for any kind of tournament play. Pretty much everything is done server-side.

Now, they may still make it against the TOS, but I doubt it'll have much effect.

LeMazing
02-13-2014, 05:55 PM
I actually messed around with some card files to make sure there weren't any easily accessed holes that could be abused in games but all it does is cause sync issues and screw over the one who alters the files, haha.

Had I found something I would've reported it, but all I could manage to do was mess myself up. :)

mudkip
02-13-2014, 08:22 PM
Yep, you can. Unfortunately I don't have the ability to tell you which folder the art assets are in at the moment, but here's what I did a month ago:

Ahahahaha! Nice work.

f5shooter
02-14-2014, 06:10 PM
Why is Patrick on your blue resource card as well as in the Champion slot?

LeMazing
02-14-2014, 06:42 PM
I added him on top of the Sapphire card, then tried replacing the champion image with him afterward. Too lazy to use two different images. :)

Umaro
02-17-2014, 12:18 PM
"What champion are you using? Wyatt?"

"No, this is Patrick!"

LeMazing
02-17-2014, 12:37 PM
hehe, yes.

I looked through the ToS last night and didn't catch anything that explicitly stated not to replace game assets. Just stuff that danced around the subject like:
not modifying files for in-game advantages
not creating fan-made work using Hex's assets