PDA

View Full Version : [Question] Whats the difference between a necrotic and a zombie?

Zomnivore
02-15-2014, 02:00 PM
I've noticed this when going through and trying to create a zombie deck. I've so far seen Zombie, Undead, Necrotic...tags and I don't really know the differences between whats what.

I'd say more but I've gtg I'll come back and see what the thinking is.

Lawlschool
02-15-2014, 02:16 PM
Necrotic were once humans of great renown. Buried in the majestic crypts of the kingdoms of men, the corpses of long-dead human nobles were woken by the Hexing Gems and are infested with an alien consciousness with an unknown and dangerous purpose.

Zombies are just mindless undead.

Xenavire
02-15-2014, 02:22 PM
Lawlschool kinda hit the nail on the head - we have mindless undead, intelligent undead, then possessed undead (the necrotic) who are intelligent alien beings possessing a corpse.

I am sure we will see more examples of this - like construct and robot.

IndigoShade
02-15-2014, 03:17 PM
Right! So, a necrotic is a zombie with a maaagic gemstone in it's forehead that tells it to sneak in through your window at night and eat your brains while you're asleep rather than banging on the front door and groaning.

Xenavire
02-15-2014, 03:21 PM
Right! So, a necrotic is a zombie with a maaagic gemstone in it's forehead that tells it to sneak in through your window at night and eat your brains while you're asleep rather than banging on the front door and groaning.

Kinda... More like they want to sneak in and murder you so that the next necrotic can possess you. So then theres two of them to kill the next guy, etc.

Crazy intelligent zombies that can use subterfuge to murder and create more of themselves. This aint the walking dead, and the necrotic aint walkers.

Avaian
02-15-2014, 04:39 PM
Kinda... More like they want to sneak in and murder you so that the next necrotic can possess you. So then theres two of them to kill the next guy, etc.

Crazy intelligent zombies that can use subterfuge to murder and create more of themselves. This aint the walking dead, and the necrotic aint walkers.

Poor Necrotic are being misunderstood :(.

They don't need to kill for more bodies. The humans bury/preserve their dead in mausoleums leaving plenty of bodies for the necrotic to use.

The necrotic using those dead bodies is what lead to the humans deciding to kill the Necrotic. After ~1000 years of humans killing Necrotic they got sick of it than decided to kill all the humans.

Zomnivore
02-15-2014, 05:00 PM
So...undead vrs zombie.

:O are undead the sort of dead that don't hunger for human flesh?

You know what would be really funny? If they had a tag for "walkers"

Would make me rofl

Xenavire
02-15-2014, 05:02 PM
Poor Necrotic are being misunderstood :(.

They don't need to kill for more bodies. The humans bury/preserve their dead in mausoleums leaving plenty of bodies for the necrotic to use.

The necrotic using those dead bodies is what lead to the humans deciding to kill the Necrotic. After ~1000 years of humans killing Necrotic they got sick of it than decided to kill all the humans.

Yeah, but I wasn't referencing the past, but the present (in terms of lore.) The necrotic are more than happy to use fresh corpses to replace their own losses (since they can survive to inhabit another body, or so I thought.) That is why there was an uneasy truce at one point - the humans would die while trying to kill the necrotic, simply adding to or replacing the necrotic ranks.

It is also the core reason behind the humans allying with the elves, orcs and coyotle - they cannot be possessed by the necrotic, so they can fight in the humans place, while the humans send their forces to deal with the rest of the underworld forces. It's a pretty good arrangement.

Avaian
02-15-2014, 06:11 PM
Yeah, but I wasn't referencing the past, but the present (in terms of lore.) The necrotic are more than happy to use fresh corpses to replace their own losses (since they can survive to inhabit another body, or so I thought.) That is why there was an uneasy truce at one point - the humans would die while trying to kill the necrotic, simply adding to or replacing the necrotic ranks.

It is also the core reason behind the humans allying with the elves, orcs and coyotle - they cannot be possessed by the necrotic, so they can fight in the humans place, while the humans send their forces to deal with the rest of the underworld forces. It's a pretty good arrangement.

I haven't read over all the known lore in awhile so there could be a couple mistakes but I think in general it is right.

The humans trying to kill the necrotic was a stalemate of sorts and a slight loss for Humans. Humans killed the necrotic but the troops they lost were just turned into more necrotic. So the humans started hiring mercenaries to kill off necrotic without having to sacrifice their own forces.

It is unknown why the necrotic use human bodies and not other races.

The races allying together is a different thing. When the Necrotic got the Vennen, Shin'Hare, and Dwarves to team up to kill the Overworld races it forced the formation of the Ardent.

Vennen are out to wipe out the Orcs because the orcs trespassed on some lake a very long time ago, pre-hex. Vennen also wouldn't mind all the other races being dead either.

Shin'Hare want to wipe out the Coyotle mainly, they also wouldn't mind the other races being dead.

The Dwarves want to killl everything that is not a robot essentially. >.>

So for the most part the Ardent races were joined of necessity. I can't remember the reason for the elves except maybe an alliance with the humans.