PDA

View Full Version : Bounce Deck

BenRGamer
02-15-2014, 07:49 PM
With Briar Legion and the Wrathwood Colossus coming out, I figured I should try a bounce deck--a deck centered around enter-play effects and return-to-hand effects. Here's what I've got so far.

Resources:
10x Wild
10x Sapphire
4x Shards of Fate

Troops:
3x Briar Legion
3x Briarpatch Conjurer
3x Howling Brave
2x Crazed Squirrel Titan
2x Moon'ariu Sensei
2x Wrathwood Colossus
3x Buccaneer
2x Devoted Emissary
2x Menacing Gralk

Non-troops:
3x Oakhenge Ceremony
3x Survival of the Fittest
2x Peek
2x Oracle Song
2x Time Ripple
2x Yesterday

I use the Squirrel Titan and Survival of the Fittest for removal, win conditions are multiple Briar Legions, a Gralk with an Emissary or Buccaneer or Yesterday, and the Colossus.

There were some more cards with enter-play effects I wanted to add, but couldn't find room (Glimmerglen Witch, Sensei of the Wounded Petal, Honeycap, Stoneclaw Gargoyle, etc). If there's any suggestions, please lemme know.

BenRGamer
02-16-2014, 03:01 PM
Reworked it a bit, I think it might need some ramp, though, due to the cost of removal, but I'm really liking it so far.

Resources
10x Wild
10x Sapphire
4x Shards of Fate

Troops
4x Buccaneer
4x Devoted Emissary
3x Monkey of the Nine Tails
3x Crazed Squirrel Titan
3x Briar Legion
3x Briarpatch Conjurer
2x Sensei of the Wounded Petal
2x Menacing Gralk
2x Howling Brave
2x Moon'ariu Sensei
2x Honeycap
1x Wrathwood Colossus

Non-troops
3x Time Ripple
3x Yesterday

The removal is more or less Crazed Squirrel Titan for everything under 4 defense and Monkey of the Nine Tails for everything over four defense, and as they're troops, they're innately reusable due to Devoted Emissary/Buccaneer/Time Ripple/Yesterday.

Win conditions are Wrathwood Colossus or bouncing the Honeycap/Briar Legion enough for them be a monster.

BenRGamer
02-22-2014, 03:31 PM
I've changed this up again, and I've had a lot of fun with it, you can have some ridiculous bounce. I've managed to lock down enemies by playing/replaying gralk 2, 3, or 4 turns in a row at times, and I've gotten Honeycaps over 20/20. But, it's not as good as it can be, I think.

Here's what I've got so far:

Resources:
10x Wild
10x Sapphire
4x Shards of Fate

Troops:
4x Buccaneer
4x Devoted Emissary
3x Crazed Squirrel Titan
3x Monkey of the Nine Tails
3x Honeycap
3x Howling Brave
2x Menacing Gralk
2x Glimmerglen Witch
2x Moon'ariu Sensei

Non-Troops:
3x Yesterday
3x Time Ripple
3x Chlorophyllia
3x Nature Reigns

Total: 62

Any suggestions to make it better? Wound up having to haphazardly add Nature Reigns for the HTP Tourney because of all of the Chimes and Plagues running about due to the patch.

JayDeth
02-24-2014, 07:36 PM
What champ are you playing with that?

BenRGamer
02-24-2014, 09:54 PM
Wyatt the Sapper for some draw.

I've also replaced Honeycap with Jadiim because it gets bigger faster with all the self bouncing I'll be doing.

BenRGamer
03-08-2014, 11:01 AM
Any tips to improve this at all, anyone?

fabriazp
05-23-2014, 03:41 PM
Well, im playing a mono blue bounce-tempo control. Maybe 'cause noone have a complete deck but I usually win 8 of every 10.

Champ :

wyatt

Troops :

4 Devoted Emisary
4 Bucanner
2 Storm Colosus
2 Menacing Grank

Spells :

4 Time Riple
4 Countermagic
2 Mimic
3 Peek
3 Oracle Song
2 Yesterday
2 Gambit Replicator

Artifacts :

3 Bottle Vitae

How does this work

Well you can see prety crearly, bounce bounce draw draw recycle stuff draw recycle recycle bounce, till you get your opponent life to 0. In some situations you could need a finisher, thats why 2 storm colossus, after they landed only killable with extiction or doing a troop oponent control to battle yours, or 3 red mass sweeper (heat's something, like one time happened to me). Its a almost gg when it landed, and oponent full of cards. I will try to explain WHY each card (and sorry if my english isnt totatlly correct)

Bucanner, the best commom atm. a 2/2 that bounce a troop to opponent hand and ALSO INCREASE ITS COST.
Menacing Grank. A bit expensive but a good tempo giver. 2 turn to attack or to stop their aggrp ultil you can "yesterday" those and force him to lose board control.
Devoted Emisary, Well, works great to recycle bucanner/grank in a 4/3 body.
Colossus : Finisher untargetable
Replicator: Usually to pick bucanner and well.. good game.
Peek: Draw is always good (well, except agains mill). Being a mono blue you take the full potential of peek. Really good to pick what you need in that hurry cases, or to search for the replicated one.
Mimic: Some dont like it, but for me, is another way to get MORE bucanners. Another 2/2 to block aggro and bouncing one.
Time Riple: Well not much to say, a quick response to early aggro or to bounce the blocker you need to remove to deal damage
CounterMagic: Really good combined with any bounce when you want to remove a annoying troop. Also it increase cost for any dupe, perfect for deck theme
Oracle Song: Not so good but is what we have till now.
Bottle vitae: Ok, is a good turn 1 to star, also will make you use the wyatt at turn 4. Yes, the charge and the draw is his best argument to be used, but still that 1 of life usually help against fast aggro. You could try sappher charge but i preffer draw, and makes faster the wyatt ability.
Yesterday: Bounce, board control, recycle
You could change mimic/gambit and try Polimorph/any other blue card you think is good.
Also try splash blood for extintion