PDA

View Full Version : New card borders tommorow!

Kroan
02-19-2014, 03:21 PM
Allthough the post was not about Hex, there was a tidbit about Hex at the end! :D

http://coryhudsonjones.tumblr.com/post/77208183676/more-epic-spell-wars

P.s.: I can recommend to read the whole post btw :) Awesome stuff.

bojanglesz
02-19-2014, 04:10 PM
Yay! Wasn't expecting those until much later. Also the pack opening experience video possibly next week... :eek:

mach
02-19-2014, 04:16 PM
Nice, though I hope that's not the only new thing. There's still a gigantic list of things which need to be done before beta.

Gwaer
02-19-2014, 05:47 PM
That was a really good article. I really hope he keeps it up. Doesn't even need to talk about hex.

Also, Mach. I'm sure they're patching just the new card borders. That's it. Nothing else.

Avaian
02-19-2014, 06:34 PM
I'm sure they're patching just the new card borders. That's it. Nothing else.

I am thinking that sarcasm had Crush.

Putting the lame attempt at humor aside. I am pumped for the new card design.

I am also hoping that CZE will add content to Hex with references of their other products. I wouldn't be surprised if they already had plans for it.

Gwaer
02-19-2014, 06:53 PM
Maybe one day when we get off entrath, we can go to Mount skullzfire and free/fight the battle wizards

Mahes
02-19-2014, 07:42 PM
I am looking forward to new stuff to test, as everything now seems to be working so well.

The borders are fine but seriously I would love to see patches actually start fixing cards/Tournament.

Avaian
02-19-2014, 08:03 PM
I am looking forward to new stuff to test, as everything now seems to be working so well.

The borders are fine but seriously I would love to see patches actually start fixing cards/Tournament.

As far as tournaments go, I think the main problem is server issues. Games failing to start and infinite blue save swirl, both can be explained as server problems and you can't expect them to get completely fixed until we are moved to 'real' servers. I can't think of any other problems I have experienced with tournaments lately other than those 2 or variations of them.

bojanglesz
02-19-2014, 08:15 PM
As far as tournaments go, I think the main problem is server issues. Games failing to start and infinite blue save swirl, both can be explained as server problems and you can't expect them to get completely fixed until we are moved to 'real' servers. I can't think of any other problems I have experienced with tournaments lately other than those 2 or variations of them.

Sorry, but that's kinda bs. Are they going to introduce draft and AH, etc. on crappy servers? And just hope they work with real servers? On top of that, BlueAvocado clarified this issue the other day and, to my understanding, made it sound like its not server load.

Axle
02-19-2014, 09:12 PM
Here's to another patch that might have Vampire King in it.

Xenavire
02-19-2014, 09:13 PM
Sorry, but that's kinda bs. Are they going to introduce draft and AH, etc. on crappy servers? And just hope they work with real servers? On top of that, BlueAvocado clarified this issue the other day and, to my understanding, made it sound like its not server load.

Yes, that is exactly what they are going to do. If they can get it 80% working on a shitty server, and then give themselves 30 days before closed beta to fix any left over issues, they will have it near-perfect well before open beta.

It is a smart move. They get the least buggy code they can, and then upgrade it later when they are able to.

Also, you can't assume that they are only testing the builds with us - just because it isn't working on a shitty server doesn't mean it wont work on a better server.

Here's to another patch that might have Vampire King in it.

Amen to that!

bojanglesz
02-19-2014, 09:16 PM
Yes, that is exactly what they are going to do. If they can get it 80% working on a shitty server, and then give themselves 30 days before closed beta to fix any left over issues, they will have it near-perfect well before open beta.

It is a smart move. They get the least buggy code they can, and then upgrade it later when they are able to.

Also, you can't assume that they are only testing the builds with us - just because it isn't working on a shitty server doesn't mean it wont work on a better server.

Amen to that!

You have much more optimism than I do. Unwarranted I'd wager too, considering we've had tourneys since December and they're a crapshoot still.

Axle
02-19-2014, 10:10 PM
No Persecute hurts Vampire King though :(. Well for all I know he could be entirely reworked anyways.

funktion
02-19-2014, 11:25 PM
The new borders are so pretty though, had the chance to see them firsthand a few weeks back and it was definitely a nice surprise!

Kroan
02-20-2014, 02:26 AM
No Persecute hurts Vampire King though :(. Well for all I know he could be entirely reworked anyways.

Seems like you didn't see the "new" Vampire King then. If anything at all, removal of persecute helps him :)

Mahes
02-20-2014, 06:49 AM

I would be far less concerned if Tournaments were working 50% of the time, much less 80%. As it is now, they are working maybe 15% and that is literally per match-up.

jimmywolf
02-20-2014, 07:06 AM
I would be far less concerned if Tournaments were working 50% of the time, much less 80%. As it is now, they are working maybe 15% and that is literally per match-up.

while ill agree, progress seem much slower then it should be. it also alpha not beta so their will be more issues as they test code an work out the details. hopefully, it just laying the ground work why such long delays with little progress.

Axle
02-20-2014, 11:06 AM
Really like the new borders now that I know what every detail is.

Chaxtreme
02-20-2014, 11:27 AM
Those new boarders do look pretty cool... My only woe is that now I've got to update the Android app with them!

Xenavire
02-20-2014, 11:36 AM
Those new boarders do look pretty cool... My only woe is that now I've got to update the Android app with them!

Go go go! Haha. But yeah, they look great, too bad it came so shortly after you had just finished making your app.

Bet Kroan won't be too pleased either, his app isn't even out yet.

Daer
02-20-2014, 11:39 AM
I liked the new borders when I first saw them but the more I look at them the more I prefer the original card frames.

Gwaer
02-20-2014, 12:26 PM
I think some of the card backs should also change the frames, that way they have more of an impact during the game. Potentially they coul even change the layout of the cards a bit. But that might be too confusing for your opponent.

Cernz
02-20-2014, 02:41 PM
new cards are quite good, but the threshold symbols glare too much, old style was better in my mind (only threshold, rest is fine) ;)

in zoom mode they look good, but on the table it is no improvement due to that glare :(

Stok3d
02-20-2014, 08:32 PM
Love the borders!

ossuary
02-21-2014, 04:15 AM
The new card look is drop dead sexy... I just wish they would do something with the font so it's more legible regardless of size. That's the only real problem left with the cards' appearance.