PDA

View Full Version : Patch v824 Breakdown

ShaggySan
02-20-2014, 11:02 AM
Welcome HEXers! To the patch 824 breakdown.We have another exciting patch for you this week with three new additions to you library and our card frames getting a make over as well. To finish things off we have a short piece from Chris Woods describing the outbreak of the “plagued client” that some users have been experiencing.

You can view the Article Here (http://hextcg.com/patch-v824-breakdown/)

Shaggy :cool:

Axle
02-20-2014, 11:07 AM
The Vampire King sleeps another day, but the zombie plague rises in his stead :).

Mahes
02-20-2014, 12:23 PM
Ok, NOW that I have seen the write-up I understand why Tournaments were having such HUGE issues. I am glad you guys nailed that irritating bug and hope now the smaller bugs can be dealt with as I am sure the system is quite at 100% yet.

Werlix
02-20-2014, 12:28 PM
Wow Zombie Plague... and it arrives two days before the HTP feb tourny... interesting :)

Also loving the new frames, and appreciate the explanation of the plagued client

GrinningBuddha
02-20-2014, 01:01 PM
Wow Zombie Plague... and it arrives two days before the HTP feb tourny... interesting :)

Also loving the new frames, and appreciate the explanation of the plagued client

If someone is looking for ways to deal with those pesky Inquisitors, Zombie Plague certainly does it. Granted, it has to find them first, but if it does it's devastating. Not to mention all those dwarves and Charge Bots...

BlackRoger
02-20-2014, 01:34 PM
I still don't get how plague makes sense in this set.
How are winnie decks ever gonna be viable now that your opponent gets free chump blockers each turn?

Werlix
02-20-2014, 01:58 PM
I still don't get how plague makes sense in this set.
How are winnie decks ever gonna be viable now that your opponent gets free chump blockers each turn?

And instakills any of these troops: http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/cards/pvp=true&type=Troop&defense=1

Jinxies
02-20-2014, 02:36 PM
Slot in constant removal if you think it's a problem. *shrugs*

Chocmaw
02-20-2014, 02:44 PM
Thanks Shaggy, great breakdown :) Keep 'em coming.

Lots of awesome features and cards, but what I really loved about this update was the breakdown of one of the problems that was causing tournaments to bug out. And it was written really well - cool and in a way that lay people could understand. Props to Chris Woods for putting it together. I'm sure the community would love to hear more about the stuff that's being worked on in similar posts - maybe a dev blog? Please post a link if one already exists.

Cheers

IndigoShade
02-20-2014, 06:49 PM
Anyone else think Zombie Plague is a little meh? Honestly, I've always been a little iffy on the card, before it had to build up counter and ran the risk of being a dead draw later in the game. It no longer suffers that problem, but now it no longer just reveals troops and seems pretty unlikely to really do much. I had one in a sealed game just now on the board for upwards of 6 turns and got a single zombie out of it when it hit the opponents Howling Brave. Granted, it also hit the Genesis Hydra twice.

I still think it needs a little something though. My suggestion is making anything hit by the Zombie Plague turn into a zombie when it dies, even if it makes it into play. It seems pretty logical to me. I mean - it's the zombie plague. It's inevitable. Sooner or later you're turning into a zombie...

Yoss
02-20-2014, 07:12 PM
There's a whole thread devoted to Zombie Plague balancing over in the Alpha area.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=33598

Lukezors
02-21-2014, 07:31 AM
Like the new card layout a lot, couple constructive criticisms. The rarity icon doesn't look as nice as the rest of the card, the gem shape just doesn't seem as professional the rest to me. Also the outer colour border seems a little off to me, not sure if I'm just not used to it or if maybe it's a little too vibrant.

Thanks for the preview and update!

Chocmaw
02-23-2014, 09:15 PM
Hey Shaggy,

I was wondering if from the next patch, you could include a section that goes something like this:

Patch Update 824 - Deck idea

This week one of the really cool cards to be released is Zombie Plague. Here's a fun little deck brought to you by Dusty "Shaggy" O'Brien, the Hex Community Manager. Dusty's favourite pizza topping is Pepperoni and he loves old Kung Fu movies. You can find him at (insert social media if they have one to share)

Deck List

So this way, the community members who don't embrace new cards easily get a headstart on using them. Plus, we get a little intro to a team member whom we might not interact with on the forums.

Apologies if I messed up your name. In the train and on the phone, so I couldn't easily look it up.

Cheers