PDA

View Full Version : Can the day for Content Patches be changed to Tuesdays??

Mahes
02-21-2014, 12:07 PM
Lately it seems that content patches have come with a lot of bugs that effect the ability to test the game beyond a certain point. One day does not seem to be an adequate amount of time to rectify the obvious problems and so the weekends become fairly pointless for testing.

If content patches were scheduled for Tuesdays it would allow the engineers and developers time to patch in a fix that then could be tested through the weekend without feeling super rushed. Blizzard does this for this very reason, because even with all the great programmers they have, they know that mistakes will still happen in the patch process.

It just seems like that would be a good idea.

Xenavire
02-21-2014, 12:09 PM
I think this is a reasonable idea, but probably unfeasible right now. Hopefully soon they will be able to do this.

Ju66ernaut
02-21-2014, 12:45 PM
I clicked the thread link fully expecting you to want it moved because patch day didn't line up with league night at your local bowling alley. However, after reading your post, it does make a lot of sense. I can get behind this.

hex_colin
02-21-2014, 01:06 PM
Lately it seems that content patches have come with a lot of bugs that effect the ability to test the game beyond a certain point. One day does not seem to be an adequate amount of time to rectify the obvious problems and so the weekends become fairly pointless for testing.

If content patches were scheduled for Tuesdays it would allow the engineers and developers time to patch in a fix that then could be tested through the weekend without feeling super rushed. Blizzard does this for this very reason, because even with all the great programmers they have, they know that mistakes will still happen in the patch process.

It just seems like that would be a good idea.

Alpha is Alpha... A realistic ask (and one I'd support) for a released game, but not for one in Alpha. For now, I'm happy to take content when it's ready for testing, no matter what day that is.

the_artic_one
02-21-2014, 01:06 PM
I think at this point CZE works 7 days a week anyway.

RobHaven
02-21-2014, 01:07 PM
I clicked the thread link fully expecting you to want it moved because patch day didn't line up with league night at your local bowling alley. However, after reading your post, it does make a lot of sense. I can get behind this.
Same exact reaction.

Not sure why you think this is out of reach, Xenavire? There'd have to be one short or one long week, but it doesn't seem like it'd be that difficult to change.

Xenavire
02-21-2014, 02:11 PM
Same exact reaction.

Not sure why you think this is out of reach, Xenavire? There'd have to be one short or one long week, but it doesn't seem like it'd be that difficult to change.

What Colin said basically - patches used to be on Wenesdays, but things got delayed a bit, and now they are on Thursdays. They can't really work any faster, and we don't want to have them work slower either, and their current patching has worked for the most part without hitches. And if they change the day, they might end up being a day late a few weeks in a row again, then we are right back where we started.

I would also rather have it when it is ready for now, and let them work up the next one while I test the current one. The day of the week is fairly irrelevant when they are in the office so much. Pretty sure there was work on the servers the whole weekend.

Post launch though, this is a great plan. Absolutely fantastic.

Yoss
02-21-2014, 02:12 PM
OP seems reasonable.

Xtopher
02-25-2014, 05:39 AM
CZE should work and update at whatever pace works for them right now. Once the game is monetized and people are paying for content this might be a more reasonable request.

meetthefuture
02-25-2014, 06:04 AM
Came to the thread just to see everything that could be said is already said

Yoss
02-25-2014, 09:44 AM
CZE should work and update at whatever pace works for them right now. Once the game is monetized and people are paying for content this might be a more reasonable request.

OP is not asking for increased frequency, just a change of day-of-the-week.

Xtopher
02-25-2014, 12:23 PM
OP is not asking for increased frequency, just a change of day-of-the-week.
Okay(?)

I'll be more explicit since you're warping the intent of my post. If Thursday is a good update day for CZE, based on the pace they're currently trying to maintain, then they shouldn't go out of their way to change the day based on the whims of a subset of alpha testers.

Not looking for an argument, just don't like having words put in my intraweb mouth.

mudkip
02-25-2014, 12:32 PM
Thursday is a good day for CZE as we get to try and break Hex over the weekend, giving them plenty of data to use for the next week. It's better than them pushing a patch on Tuesday, thinking everything is fine during the quiet period, then having to deal with a bunch of last minute bugs on Monday.

As others have said: It's alpha, deal with it. I'm sure there will be Wednesday morning maintenance, similar to WoW, post-launch.