PDA

View Full Version : Few Questions

Anim4t
02-22-2014, 05:44 AM
Hi,
at first my english is not so good so have mercy :)

here are my questions:

1. Will Hex get also Epic Cards or only Rares and Legendary? Coz in the Card Manager i can also see Epic Cards in the searchtool.

2. Will Hex get Equipment and a talent tree for the pvp decks?

3. When starts the Beta of Hex?

4. How often Hex releases Cardsets?

thx for watching :)

Avaian
02-22-2014, 06:33 AM
1) Unkown, it is possible but I don't think we have been given an answer one way or the other.

2) Every non-token card will have equipment, PvP and PvE. The talent trees are connected to champions.

3) Unknown for official date, but the last estimate is in Q1 if I am not mistaken.

4) 1 set every ~4 months.

I am fairly confident of my answers, however it is possible I missed some announcements or misread some things.

This is a good thread for answers to many questions you may have. (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=26987)

Anim4t
02-22-2014, 08:35 AM
Thx for the answer!

Its cool with the Equipment and Skill Trees for PvP i wait for this :)
The game is very talented.

BlackRoger
02-22-2014, 10:32 AM
2) Every non-token card will have equipment, PvP and PvE. The talent trees are connected to champions.

I'm pretty sure equipment/talent trees are pve only.
If they had any connection to pvp we should have been testing them already.

Malakili
02-22-2014, 10:34 AM
Yup, that stuff is PvE only.

Jinxies
02-22-2014, 10:42 AM
There's equipment for pvp cards I think but you can only equipment in PvP.

Xenavire
02-22-2014, 10:45 AM
The equipment is PvE exclusive (for deckbuilding) but casual formats can use them (wild west.) PvP cards have equipment, to give them power in PvE.

Champions are either standard (PvP) or level and grow (PvE.) There are also Mercenaries for PvE to replace your champion. All may be used for Wild west, to my knowledge.

Aradon
02-22-2014, 11:24 AM
Yes, PvP cards have equipment, but you can only equip equipment in PvE or the wild-west casual format. Tournament PvP will not allow equipment or talent trees.

On a related note, we learned that champions will now be given abilities based off their progress in dungeons. Do we know how this will work in raids? I was under the impression that you entered a raid and immediately started the fight with the raid boss, giving no time to gain abilities for your champion. Maybe there will be preliminary fights, or automatic progression to max level for raid bosses?

Anim4t
02-22-2014, 12:40 PM
So what ist the wild-west causal.

So can i play against my friend or brother wit i self builded deck in the wild-west format wit equipments and talents trees or waht ist this?

Xenavire
02-22-2014, 12:41 PM
Yes, PvP cards have equipment, but you can only equip equipment in PvE or the wild-west casual format. Tournament PvP will not allow equipment or talent trees.

On a related note, we learned that champions will now be given abilities based off their progress in dungeons. Do we know how this will work in raids? I was under the impression that you entered a raid and immediately started the fight with the raid boss, giving no time to gain abilities for your champion. Maybe there will be preliminary fights, or automatic progression to max level for raid bosses?

Perhaps you earn permanent exp per attempt for that raid? Or it increases over time and you automatically gain abilities? Or it saves you last 'loadout' used in the qualifying dungeon, and uses that for the raid?

Xenavire
02-22-2014, 12:42 PM
So what ist the wild-west causal.

So can i play against my friend or brother wit i self builded deck in the wild-west format wit equipments and talents trees or waht ist this?

Pretty much. Wild west is basically anything goes rules. So there shouldn't be anything you couldn't use, unless there are bans in place somehow. But those will likely be disabled for wild west anyway (except wild west tournaments.)

Rendakor
02-22-2014, 01:11 PM
My guess is that raids are going to be at the end of dungeons, if they want our champions to be leveled up.

Xenavire
02-22-2014, 02:23 PM
My guess is that raids are going to be at the end of dungeons, if they want our champions to be leveled up.

Unless things have changed, they confirmed that dungeons are unlocked by, but not a physical part of, dungeons. Meaning you would exit the dungeon and be able to do another dungeon before ever entering any raids. And you would be able to go back any time to do said raids.

So it is hard to guess what the plan is now, especially if things have changed.

Gwaer
02-22-2014, 09:35 PM
I really hate the term Wild West. It doesn't make sense to most people. I still vote for calling it unlimited.

mach
02-22-2014, 09:40 PM
I really hate the term Wild West. It doesn't make sense to most people. I still vote for calling it unlimited.

Calling it Unlimited makes it sound like you can have an unlimited number of each card, though.

Gwaer
02-22-2014, 10:19 PM
Calling it wild west makes it sound like you have a 10 gallon hat, a spitoon, and are not playing hex.

Xenavire
02-22-2014, 11:27 PM
Calling it wild west makes it sound like you have a 10 gallon hat, a spitoon, and are not playing hex.

I fully intend to find a 10 gallon hat before PvE cards are made available, thanks to this comment. Too bad they are fairly rare in Europe...

mach
02-23-2014, 12:02 AM

That's nothing a special gameboard can't fix.

Random trivia: How many gallons can a 10 gallon hat hold?

Malakili
02-23-2014, 08:11 AM

It likely makes less sense to non-american players, but it's basically a colloquialism for "Anything goes."

Rendakor
02-23-2014, 08:23 AM
I don't like the WW term either, I've just bit my tongue every time someone posted it. I've also never heard it used in that fashion, only to refer to the historical time period or fictional depictions thereof.

ossuary
02-23-2014, 12:22 PM
How about freestyle?

Or, if you're on a Wrestling kick, what about "No Holds Barred." :cool:

Gwaer
02-23-2014, 12:50 PM
Or anything goes?

most of these have the same problem as unlimited, which is, hinting that there are no deck building restrictions. Any of those also will be fine, because the intent is clear in them even if the specific implementation is not. People will learn it means unlimited from bans, and pve items equipment and mercs, but deck building rules will be whatever the game has setup. which may mean unlimited amounts of anything, but more likely will have some boundaries.

Using a colloquialism that is so narrow that not all americans will even get it just seems silly when there are so many other great choices.

Xenavire
02-23-2014, 02:37 PM
How about 'Street fight'? Using PvE cards is 'against the rules' in PvP, so it is basically dirty fighting, or at least with no rules. Plus 'street' implies outside, which reminds me of the environment outside, and that seems very PvE'ish.

And well, it implies a tough struggle too, which is what I bet PvP with PvE cards will end up as.

thomasso
02-28-2014, 01:52 PM
My two questions:
1. Will expansions be going 'out of print'? Like after a few expansions having been released, the oldest one becomes unavailable?
2. If the answer to the previous question is 'yes', then will there be formats like in MtG (standard, legacy)?

Xenavire
02-28-2014, 01:57 PM
From everything we have been told, 1) Yes and 2) yes.

There was a hot debate last year about sets going out of print, and while I would be interested to see the effects of things staying in print forever, it was more or less confirmed (multiple times) that sets are going out of print every two blocks (or approx every two blocks). Every block should be made up of 3 sets, although other sets may be used in between (like the MTG core sets).

And yes, standard/legacy/limited will all be supported when the card pool is large enough and the sets start to cycle.

Yoss
02-28-2014, 01:57 PM
1. yes
2. don't know yet, but most likely yes

Xenavire
02-28-2014, 02:01 PM
1. yes
2. don't know yet, but most likely yes

I am 99% sure Cory said it himself that legacy was going to be included, but he might have been talking about 'Wild west'. I could see legacy being mixed up with PvE either by design or by accident, but hopefully a pure PvP version exists.

thomasso
02-28-2014, 02:09 PM
I kinda like it. Both options seems fun, but on the other hand, with every set available it would be easier (cheaper) for new players to jump into the game.

edit: oh well, maybe not so cheaper. I still think the way that traditional tcg players think. Guys, in your opinion, will price of some cards from 'set 1' increase after dozen of expansions?

ossuary
02-28-2014, 02:16 PM
I am 99% sure Cory said it himself that legacy was going to be included, but he might have been talking about 'Wild west'. I could see legacy being mixed up with PvE either by design or by accident, but hopefully a pure PvP version exists.

I'm pretty sure legacy was mentioned separately from "wild west" (no holds barred).

Xenavire
02-28-2014, 02:33 PM
I'm pretty sure legacy was mentioned separately from "wild west" (no holds barred).

I thought so too, but I didn't want to mis-quote and create problems, so I mentioned other possibilities that I might have confused it with. Glad I am not crazy though. :)

thomasso
03-01-2014, 04:44 AM
A few another questions, since there are tons of pages about Gameforge and localization of servers and it would take me hours to plow through them. I have quite mess in my mind after reading couple of topics.
so, to start with:
1. I know that there will be sharding the world into 'gardens', and US and Europe is going to have common 'garden', with only regional tournaments being separated. Still, will I have chance to play 'duels' and trade with Americans (I'm from Europe)? What about guild membership, any restrictions?
2. It was said that separate servers are going to have different, individual, non-tradable content not available in other servers - some region-specific content. Does US/Europe server counts into that or will we have common stuff?
3. Is Gameforge going to handle whole US/Europe server (in whole post I assume that US and Europe will have mutual server - correct me if I am wrong...) or only European part?
4. Is there any info about if prices in US dollars would be converted into EURO (it's common and... irritating movement in online games industry)?

ossuary
03-01-2014, 07:11 AM
For 1, 2, and 3, we still don't have really specific answers on this. Just general ideas, so it's hard to answer this. On the regional content in particular, they haven't said much of anything about this - mostly it's to say that China is going to need some custom graphics because of their laws on visual content, and will also be getting some custom Asian-themed content as well. The other regions haven't been mentioned specifically what kind of special content, if any, they will get.

As to #4, we have an exact answer on this. Cory responded in that gigantic thread to promise Europeans that Hex will not be price gouging them by having your price = 2 Euros to our $2. His intention is that you will pay whatever the exchange rate is so that you are also paying $2 USD. He said he was also trying to include the VAT in that so that your TOTAL price is $2 USD after exchange, but he wasn't sure if that would be possible when he said it - he said only that it was his intention to try. So you will be paying either exactly $2 US for your packs, or as close to it as possible with some extra VAT, depending on whether or not they can manage that part.

Hope that helps. :)

thomasso
03-01-2014, 07:21 AM
You mean VAT? ;P
That's good. In the other case I would be trying to register an American account

ossuary
03-01-2014, 07:27 AM
Yes, VAT, sorry. Early morning brain fart. :)

FlyingMeatchip
03-02-2014, 09:26 AM
A ten gallon hat holds about 3/4 of one gallon. I want one now.

Gwaer
03-02-2014, 11:37 AM
Could hold over a gallon depending on style. =P

ossuary
03-02-2014, 12:18 PM
Frickin' false advertising, man. There oughtta be a law.

Chark
03-02-2014, 01:34 PM
Can confirm that the pricing for any currency will attempt to always be close to 1.00 USD = 100 plat (after the currency exchange conversion happens). This means that if your currency is stronger than the USD, you'll be able to get more plat with your purchase.

EU players will have to pay the VAT.

Gwaer
03-02-2014, 01:39 PM
Awesome info, that means that penny cards are an option for 1 plat, and cards that are significantly less than a penny will go for gold, or broken down for crafting, or depending on how strong the AH is you can sell a single lot of several cards for 1 plat.

Yoss
03-02-2014, 03:23 PM
Can confirm that the pricing for any currency will attempt to always be close to 1.00 USD = 100 plat (after the currency exchange conversion happens). This means that if your currency is stronger than the USD, you'll be able to get more plat with your purchase.

EU players will have to pay the VAT.

This is also confirmation of the Plat:$US ratio that we've speculated about for a long time. I'm sad that the currency resolution will be so low, contrary to community proposals asking for either fractional transactions or for a higher Plat:$US ratio, but we'll make due. At least it isn't 1:1, that would be horrid.

I've updated the AH and currency thread linked in my sig.

Kroan
03-03-2014, 06:27 AM
contrary to community proposals replace "community" with "my" (as in your) and that would be true. I'm pretty happy with the 1$ = 100 and wouldn't want a currency that's a fraction of a penny.

meetthefuture
03-03-2014, 06:40 AM
1:100 is just enough, no need for more

ossuary
03-03-2014, 07:26 AM
We can work with 1:100. That's fine. I'm just glad it's not 1:1. If a card is worth less than a penny on the AH, we'll either sell it for gold only, or just turn it into crafting materials and sell those in larger amounts.

thomasso
03-03-2014, 08:10 AM
Or sell a few same cards for 1 plat.

Yoss
03-03-2014, 10:02 AM
replace "community" with "my" (as in your) and that would be true. I'm pretty happy with the 1$ = 100 and wouldn't want a currency that's a fraction of a penny.

Since it was not only me, saying "my" would be inaccurate.

Or sell a few same cards for 1 plat.

That assumes we're allowed to sell lots in addition to singles.

Kroan
03-03-2014, 11:26 AM
Since it was not only me, saying "my" would be inaccurate. It's more accurate than saying that it was the community (as a whole).

That assumes we're allowed to sell lots in addition to singles. You can always trade directly if you're desperate to make $0.01

Gwaer
03-03-2014, 12:31 PM
100 plat to a dollar was a community proposal as well. It's not your proposal Yoss. But it's one a fair number of people were for. So saying it's contrary to community proposals is just flat wrong. It's contrary to your preferred proposal.

YourOpponent
03-03-2014, 12:56 PM
100 plat to a dollar was a community proposal as well. It's not your proposal Yoss. But it's one a fair number of people were for. So saying it's contrary to community proposals is just flat wrong. It's contrary to your preferred proposal.

Agreed I was also for the 100 plat for a dollar idea because it just makes things more fluid and less annoying than MTG trading hundreds of cards just for 1 event ticket.

Anybody else think Wild West should be called The Twilight Zone instead?

Yoss
03-03-2014, 01:11 PM
100 plat to a dollar was a community proposal as well. It's not your proposal Yoss. But it's one a fair number of people were for.
I agree and never said otherwise.

So saying it's contrary to community proposals is just flat wrong. It's contrary to your preferred proposal.
Actually, it's not wrong. There are some community proposals that are contrary to the 100:1 choice, therefore "saying it's contrary to community proposals" is precisely accurate. Saying it's contrary to ALL community proposals would be wrong, but I didn't say that.

Here's what I said, which was and is 100% factual:

contrary to community proposals asking for either fractional transactions or for a higher Plat:$US ratio

Note there is no claim that it is the ONLY community opinion, merely that there were multiple people asking for high currency resolution (greater than 100:1). You are correct that there were some people who wanted exactly 100:1, and my statement did not contradict that. My recollection is that fewer were in favor of 100:1 than were in favor of higher resolution, but I'd have to go back and count.

Gwaer
03-03-2014, 01:18 PM
*edit* I take it back, it's not worth arguing about.

This system will suffice. It's simple and people can make do. =)

Yoss
03-03-2014, 02:23 PM
The nice thing about 100:1 is that it is highly intuitive. 1 Plat is 1 penny. Since we have Crafting (hopefully) to gobble up things worth less than that, the system should work well enough.

Lawlschool
03-03-2014, 02:31 PM
The nice thing about 100:1 is that it is highly intuitive. 1 Plat is 1 penny. Since we have Crafting (hopefully) to gobble up things worth less than that, the system should work well enough.

Yup, plus it creates some great synergy with the Treasure Chest slot-machine. PvP focused players have an extra incentive to sell off their >1P cards for Gold, since they can use that Gold to play the slot machine. If crafting is done by breaking down cards, you get a nice synergy between PvE crafters and people who play a lot of Limited.