PDA

View Full Version : Received a strange email today

beepharoni
02-24-2014, 08:05 PM
Hey everyone. I've been missing from the scene for a while now as the hex dev's fix the bugs and get everything in working order. Well, Today i received an email that brings me back.

It's titled "HEX North America registration email subject", from noreply@gameforge.com

and the body of the email says "HEX North America registration email body with parameters email validation link:" and contains a link that I will not post here.

Did someone try to log my keys, or was this something I should be clicking?

Xenavire
02-24-2014, 08:12 PM
Nothing in my email (Europe though). This sounds like a scam, which is a little surprising at this stage.

Prophecy
02-25-2014, 12:44 AM
Nothing either but again I am Europe. It is conceivable that account registration is starting soon, and it would make sense to stagger registration. The @gameforge.com address adds some credibility. Perhaps fishing for personal information, link to harmful site, or maybe looking for confirmation of the transaction ID to dispute ownership. I think you are wise to post here first and wait for a response from CZE. I would have thought if this was happening then the Friday Update would have given a nod to it at least.

mach
02-25-2014, 02:04 AM
Looks more like a bug in some software on Gameforge's side, but it's impossible to tell without the link.

RobHaven
02-25-2014, 07:58 AM
Nothing in my inbox (east coast US). Did you ever use Gameforge's site to log a ticket?

Shaqattaq
02-25-2014, 11:20 AM
I'll check in on this. Can you please provide your player name (family name), beepharoni?

beepharoni
02-25-2014, 01:00 PM
I am beepharoni in game, as well as on the forums.
I accidentally clicked that link this morning when someone from gameforge sent me a private message.. if it's a keylogger, i'm screwed :(

the link led to nothing, and i instantly ran a spyware/virus check.. so I am hopeful that I am safe.

Shaq, if you want I can forward you the email so you can see it yourself...

Shaqattaq
02-25-2014, 02:54 PM
Hey all. Yesterday a handful of emails went out to players during a hardware test from Gameforge. Those emails were sent by accident, but were legitimately sent by our system. You can disregard those emails. Thank you.

bojanglesz
02-25-2014, 03:09 PM
Heh, figured it was some test for when beta comes around and need codes/etc. to be sent out.

beepharoni
02-25-2014, 04:10 PM
glad to know my keys aren't logged (yet)

thanks Shaq.