PDA

View Full Version : Just got my Heroes United expansion

vbui0803
02-25-2014, 08:01 PM
Just got the HU expansion today with my promos. Love it so far. It's cool how there are lower cost cards, and there seems to be more ways to get more power than 1st game. But that Kyle Rainer card is ridiculous, it's crazy you can win the game with him.. Can't wait for future expansions with more heroes and villians. Was kinda bummed larfleeze wasn't supervillian and hector Hammond was (not too crazy bout him). Hoping for supervillians like general zod or professor zoom in future with more superheroes like green arrow. Nevertheless love this game and can't stop playing it. But does anyone have more advice to combine first game with the new expansion? I was reading rulebook in back and wanted to get more input.

MarcOfTheCross
02-26-2014, 02:44 PM
I'm still to pick my copy of HU but from reading other people's posts, it looks like a good idea is to randomly select a card type to be included in the main deck. from what i've read so far, the amount of cards per type is different from the 2 sets so this would make for an interesting twist as your main deck may end up having less or more cards than the usual 111. I will post game sessions from my group once we have it.

lostsoul1313
02-26-2014, 09:45 PM
What does Kyle Rainer do?

Monsoon
02-26-2014, 10:03 PM
Kyle Rayner
Hero, 7 power cost, 2 victory points

+3 Power
For each Power Ring in your discard pile or that you play or have played this turn, +2 Power
If you play or have played three Power Rings this turn, you win the game.

kmonarq7
02-27-2014, 10:06 AM
Okay...so Kyle is my favorite superhero....so yay for that.

But DAMN that is overpowered. How many times will that come up though?

Monsoon
02-27-2014, 12:04 PM
Rarely. There are 211 cards in the main deck - Kyle Rayner is one card, there are seven Power Rings, and there are two Plastic Man cards (he can turn into any Equipment). That's 10 cards for the combo in a deck of 200+, and you need to buy at least four, and have all four come up in one turn. Also, every other player will know how powerful that is and try to buy up Power Rings as well.

The moral of the story is, no matter what character you're using, buy anything that has "Power Ring" in its description. Especially Kyle Rayner and White Lantern Power Battery.

AaronH
02-27-2014, 01:15 PM
There are 111 main deck cards. For the 200+ main deck, you have to mix both sets, which actually gives you 10 Power Rings and adds two Clayface cards. It will still be very hard to pull off, though.

Monsoon
02-27-2014, 02:47 PM
My bad. I've been playing the HU set alone, but mistakenly saying 211 instead of 111. I still think it's a prohibitively difficult combo to pull off (as you said), because every type of Power Ring is going to be desirable.