PDA

View Full Version : General questions about strategy and cards

thomasso
02-27-2014, 03:57 PM
Hey,
I have just one question, but I'm sure I will have a few more in the future. But generally, I hope this topic will have use for other players to ask questions and post differet problems (about strategy, cards' usages, counters, using certain cards etc.) and receive satisfactory answers.

so, my question: is there any form of killing a creature with spellshield other than a combat damage? I know they can be killed with indirect damage, like Extinction or Judgement, but it really hurts creature-based decks.

Yoss
02-27-2014, 05:16 PM
That about sums it up: either global effects or direct hand-to-hand combat are pretty much your only options.

BenRGamer
02-27-2014, 06:52 PM
Well, one more niche case, the Prime Ruby Gem of Destruction doesn't actually target, as it's random, thus it can get through Spellshield.

the_artic_one
02-27-2014, 07:32 PM
^CZE confirmed that's a bug, prime ruby of destruction should never hit troops with spellshield.

Rycajo
02-27-2014, 09:03 PM
Hey,
I have just one question, but I'm sure I will have a few more in the future. But generally, I hope this topic will have use for other players to ask questions and post differet problems (about strategy, cards' usages, counters, using certain cards etc.) and receive satisfactory answers.

so, my question: is there any form of killing a creature with spellshield other than a combat damage? I know they can be killed with indirect damage, like Extinction or Judgement, but it really hurts creature-based decks.

Spellshield is hard to deal with for troop based decks. you just have to get a troop bigger than the spellshield troop and you are golden (or multiblock if necessary).

Also, in the future, as the card pool grows we will see additional means of handling any current problem. Perhaps you could force your opponent to sacrifice a troop? Sure it doesn't guarantee the spellshield troop is chosen (unless there is no other option), but it is a way of dealing.

wasichu
02-28-2014, 02:19 PM
In the future maybe creatures will have deathstrike which may be similar to deathtouch in mtg. That would be a way to deal with spellshield. Or a force to sacrifice a creature.