PDA

View Full Version : iOS Game codes

baktegon
02-27-2014, 05:50 PM
I picked up both the Finn vs. Jake and BMO vs Lady Rainicorn packs but I didn't see any sort of code for the iOS game, or other materials besides the rulebook. Are they in there?

Matt_Hyra
02-28-2014, 01:48 AM
They aren't in the rulebook.
Did you get the red plastic lens?
If so, find the 2 cards that look different from all the others.

LordWyrmsBane
03-23-2014, 04:09 PM
I also just picked up the game, the Jake vs Finn pack, and applied the code to my game for the piggy. However, the code only added a standard version of the card to my deck. Did I need to have a piggy already in my card set to be upgraded?

Matt_Hyra
03-23-2014, 07:43 PM
No, the two codes aren't dependent on each other.
It sounds like you got what D3 intended. If you feel there was an error, please contact them.
They don't read this forum.

LordWyrmsBane
03-23-2014, 11:03 PM
I'll contact them, but that seems like a false advertising. The Pig is one of the most common cards in the iOS game. I had really expected something unique for buying the physical game, especially given the way it was presented on your site.

"Includes code cards that unlock special surprises in the Card Wars digital iOS game." Getting a nearly worthless card is a surprise.

cheeseburglar
03-24-2014, 05:00 AM
strongly agree. One of the reasons I'm interested in owning both the app and the game is to play more obviously, and to get the goodies one gets from doing both. Giving arguably the most popular card (it is mentioned in the reviews/explanation/literature), and a lame obvious one at that... is a bait and switch-like move. The need for in-game purchased gems necessary to play as often as you'd like or for access to good cards (without hours of extra card farming to craft minor cards to turn into the cards you need), is more than cheap enough. Not feeling great about Cryptozoic at the moment.
I'm not trying to be unfair however. They deserve to make their money of course. And obviously any code-related cards will eventually be revealed to the whole online community, but it wouldn't hurt to take 10 or 12 reasonably powerful (perhaps even spell, non-creature cards) and provide a mix of codes in the tabletop card game. Im not going to get the card game if the best I can expect is the pig. If things change, I'll reconsider.

LordWyrmsBane
03-27-2014, 07:46 AM
Cryptozoic isn't the developer of the iOS game, and likely have little to do with the choices made by that developer, D3 publishing. I say we save our ire for them.

I also don't expect Cryptozoic gets any money from the iOS game. Likely both license the name of the game and the images separately from Cartoon Network.