PDA

View Full Version : HEX Update - Pack Crackin

Shaqattaq
02-28-2014, 02:37 PM
by Shaqattaq

Hi HEXers! Itís Weekly Update with your favorite game development team! We have an update on patch v825, pack opening, treasure chests, and a message from Shaggy to our community.

http://hextcg.com/hex-update-pack-crackin/

hammer
02-28-2014, 03:02 PM
by Shaqattaq

Hi HEXers! Itís Weekly Update with your favorite game development team! We have an update on patch v825, pack opening, treasure chests, and a message from Shaggy to our community.

What a lame message from Shaggy. Very disappointing :(

the_artic_one
02-28-2014, 03:03 PM
The new resource symbol looks great!

Yoss
02-28-2014, 03:37 PM
What a lame message from Shaggy. Very disappointing :(

While the fact that he's leaving is a bummer, I thought the message was very well written and thoughtful.

Scammanator
02-28-2014, 03:51 PM

Based on the name of this article, I have a proposition for a new alternate art card that's exclusive to treasure chests: The Pack Kraken.

Leingod
02-28-2014, 03:51 PM
Figured something was up with Shaggy since his twitch hadn't updated for a month.

Also, you guys should go back to making updates show up on the front page for hextcg.com

Madican
02-28-2014, 04:05 PM
I can't wait until the pack opening is added to alpha. I don't even care that nothing from it would transfer over, I will still roll those slots for the hell of it. Probably a great way to get probability info too.

Shaqattaq
02-28-2014, 04:05 PM
Update - We will be patching at 4 PM Pacific (55 minutes from now) with v825. Servers will be down for 2 hours.

Yoss
02-28-2014, 05:13 PM
Based on the name of this article, I have a proposition for a new alternate art card that's exclusive to treasure chests: The Pack Kraken.

Nice one. I'd bet CZE will do this at some point, assuming they see it.

ThomasHunter
02-28-2014, 06:08 PM
I'm a bit disappointed/bummed with the altar. Firstly, I'll freely admit that I am a father with two teen daughters. My eldest is also a Hex backer so this is relevant to both of us. I think the art is a little too much. I think the fact that the center is "in-your-face" cleavage is a bit much. Maybe more importantly, I couldn't help but think at first glance that her "shirt" looked like a pair of hands grabbing her chest! Yikes! I thought it all a bit over the top. I hope it gets toned down a bit, although I am sure I'll be labeled prudish. So be it. I like to think of it as wanting my daughters to see art that is demeaning to them.

Thanks for reading! I love this community - you guys rock!!!

ThomasHunter
02-28-2014, 06:29 PM
Sorry, I don't want to come across as simply being negative. I thought the whole video in general was fantastic - am really happy with what they did with the pack opening! Awesome!

hammer
03-01-2014, 04:45 AM
While the fact that he's leaving is a bummer, I thought the message was very well written and thoughtful.

Yes, sorry I didn't mean to say the written text was lame just the news that the message conveyed. Sad to see Shaggy leave especially so quickly and after hitting a good stride on the content of the patch notes etc.

Mahes
03-01-2014, 07:23 AM
I'm a bit disappointed/bummed with the altar. Firstly, I'll freely admit that I am a father with two teen daughters. My eldest is also a Hex backer so this is relevant to both of us. I think the art is a little too much. I think the fact that the center is "in-your-face" cleavage is a bit much. Maybe more importantly, I couldn't help but think at first glance that her "shirt" looked like a pair of hands grabbing her chest! Yikes! I thought it all a bit over the top. I hope it gets toned down a bit, although I am sure I'll be labeled prudish. So be it. I like to think of it as wanting my daughters to see art that is demeaning to them.

Thanks for reading! I love this community - you guys rock!!!

The dress does not quite look like a pair of hands groping the breasts. I have seen a lot of art work that had dresses that indeed looked like that. If anything the hands would be giving her a shoulder massage given the angle and lack of thumbs. That being said, the breasts do kind of stick out mainly because they are right above the bowl. At first when I looked, I thought you might be exaggerating a bit, and then I saw the perspective that I think you saw. So while it does not bother me, I could see where some parents might roll their eyes.

RCDv57
03-01-2014, 10:18 AM
Too much cleavage.

Chocmaw
03-01-2014, 02:13 PM

Give Scammanator a cookie.

Kismet's art is great, but the model in the video is a bit... off. Hope they redo that. Currently it's not aesthetic in any way.

The pack opening and Wheels of Fate - so looking forward to playing with them!

And Shaggy, sad to see you go buddy. Good luck with the new opportunity. I'm sure you'll smash it.

See you around Entrath.

Cheers

NemesiN
03-02-2014, 12:59 AM
I like how everything has been put together so far. The game is turning out great, enough so that I stream it whenever I get the chance and tell everybody to hop on board. With that said, I do have some suggestions that can be implemented into the pack opening system.
I would like to be able to flip the cards one at a time in any order by clicking on them to emulate flipping through the pack. Then if you are one of those people that likes to dive right to the back of the pack and check the rare first, you can do that. Or you can read each card as you flip it over, like most people do when a set is new to them. There is a certain amount of information overload that comes with flipping everything in bunches that kills some of the wonder. You could also have a "flip all" option if you just want to get through it.
I do have to say though that I don't like the idea of the "Rarity Glow". I am against having any of the wonder and amazement of what my rare card is ruined before I even get a chance to flip it. Flipping it over and seeing that it is a legendary is part of the WOW factor. If you put the glow, you are just spoiling it ahead of time and stifling my soon to be wow.

OptimusX
03-06-2014, 11:44 AM
I like how everything has been put together so far. The game is turning out great, enough so that I stream it whenever I get the chance and tell everybody to hop on board. With that said, I do have some suggestions that can be implemented into the pack opening system.
I would like to be able to flip the cards one at a time in any order by clicking on them to emulate flipping through the pack. Then if you are one of those people that likes to dive right to the back of the pack and check the rare first, you can do that. Or you can read each card as you flip it over, like most people do when a set is new to them. There is a certain amount of information overload that comes with flipping everything in bunches that kills some of the wonder. You could also have a "flip all" option if you just want to get through it.
I do have to say though that I don't like the idea of the "Rarity Glow". I am against having any of the wonder and amazement of what my rare card is ruined before I even get a chance to flip it. Flipping it over and seeing that it is a legendary is part of the WOW factor. If you put the glow, you are just spoiling it ahead of time and stifling my soon to be wow.

I couldn't agree with this more, I would like it to feel like opening a real pack of cards. One at a time and without a glow... Well, the cards don't glow for me, ha ha.