PDA

View Full Version : Patch v825 Breakdown

Shaqattaq
02-28-2014, 05:01 PM
by Shaggy

Hello HEXers, welcome to the Patch 825 Breakdown. We have a real gem for everyone this week…tons of new cards, sleeves, and socketed effects! Whats not to love with patch 825? Lets dive right in to the patch notes

http://hextcg.com/patch-v825-breakdown/

Norious
02-28-2014, 05:56 PM
Great work! Going to be a fun weekend with HEX

Chocmaw
02-28-2014, 06:06 PM
Awesome update guys. My favourites:

GENERAL
• Socketable cards now have visual effects to help them stand out more
• Tournament timer now correctly resets matches
• Buried card animation has been sped up

NEW CARDS
• Te’talca, Orc Gladiator // Te’talca, High Cleric
• Spawn of Othuyeg

GAMEPLAY
• Xentoth’s Inquisitor now correctly modifies its cost when it returns to your hand

Questions:

1. What does this refer to?

• “As Enters Play” triggers now correctly resolve before “Enters Play” triggers

2. I think this might be a typo

KNOWN ISSUES

• Te’talca, High Cleric does work correctly in some cases, such as the life gain from life siphon

Cheers

Gregzilla
02-28-2014, 07:56 PM
SKAAAAAAAAAAARN!!! .... that is all. :)

Shaqattaq
02-28-2014, 08:26 PM
2. I think this might be a typo

Cheers

Got it. Thanks!

BenRGamer
02-28-2014, 09:23 PM
Hey, quick question about the patch breakdown. There's something up on the corner of the last card shown, the socketed Eldritch Dreamer card, what is that?

Gridian
03-01-2014, 12:15 AM
Hi :-)

Awesome work, but as a european who speaks English as a second language: The Bird O'Plenty's text reads "If damage would be dealt...". That caused my chesthair to wiggle lively (I watched Cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2 yesterday) - grammatically that should read "If damage were dealt... draw that many...". In my head I can hear my Englishteacher's favourite sentence: "If und Would macht den Satz kaputt." (If and would breaks the sentence)
Just sayin'.

Other than that, as I said, awesome work! :-D

Yours,
Gridian

QuantumZeruul
03-01-2014, 12:24 AM
Hey, quick question about the patch breakdown. There's something up on the corner of the last card shown, the socketed Eldritch Dreamer card, what is that?

That square with the arrow in the upper right corner, to the right of the name? It's probably going to be an easy way to quickly identify cards which have sockets would be my guess.

QuantumZeruul
03-01-2014, 02:01 AM
SKAAAAAAAAAAARN!!! .... that is all. :)

Truer word have never been misquoted :cool:

CZE_Ty
03-01-2014, 04:08 AM
The square with the arrow in the upper right corner will be shown on cards that have full art unlocked. You can click it to toggle between the full art and regular version. :)

hammer
03-01-2014, 04:43 AM
The square with the arrow in the upper right corner will be shown on cards that have full art unlocked. You can click it to toggle between the full art and regular version. :)

Excellent - will we also be able to toggle FOIL animation either on individual cards or on a global level.

Werlix
03-03-2014, 02:47 PM
Hi :-)

Awesome work, but as a european who speaks English as a second language: The Bird O'Plenty's text reads "If damage would be dealt...". That caused my chesthair to wiggle lively (I watched Cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2 yesterday) - grammatically that should read "If damage were dealt... draw that many...". In my head I can hear my Englishteacher's favourite sentence: "If und Would macht den Satz kaputt." (If and would breaks the sentence)
Just sayin'.

Other than that, as I said, awesome work! :-D

Yours,
Gridian

The bird's draw power is a replacement effect meaning the damage never happens in the first place - this is a crucial difference. This is why the text says "If damage would be dealt to this troop, draw that many cards instead".

Some examples of other similar MtG cards (read the oracle text):

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?printed=false&multiverseid=2855
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?printed=false&multiverseid=19746

ZacPhoenix
03-06-2014, 01:54 PM
The Socket glow effect is a massive, massive improvement. I love how the whole side bar of the frame glows. It's very well done.