PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Question Regarding Flash + Batgirl

mistervader
03-02-2014, 07:50 PM
If you play a variant of two superheroes per player, does Batgirl's ability trigger Flash's ability? I just wanted to be sure that the physical Super Hero card is also considered a card by the rules, and thus, in the hypothetical situation you play Batgirl and Flash together, you can discard a Punch to draw two cards.

Tamahome
03-02-2014, 10:35 PM
nope.

BizzaroFTW
03-02-2014, 11:11 PM
If you play a variant of two superheroes per player, does Batgirl's ability trigger Flash's ability? I just wanted to be sure that the physical Super Hero card is also considered a card by the rules, and thus, in the hypothetical situation you play Batgirl and Flash together, you can discard a Punch to draw two cards.

It was clarified by the game designer once that Flash could not be triggered when paired with Cyborgs equipment draw. So not sure how the Batgirl pairing would be different. Flash says a card has to tell you to draw and apparently oversized hero cards don't count in that.

Matt_Hyra
03-02-2014, 11:19 PM
B-FTW is right. Another Super Hero is not a "card."
I went so far as to remove the word "card" from the contents list of Heroes Unite, so now they are just "12 Oversized DC Comics Super Heroes"

mistervader
03-03-2014, 12:13 AM
There you go. That's conclusive enough a clarification for me. Thanks!

aventajado
03-03-2014, 07:36 AM
They pointed it out to me already Kel . . . So Black Canary/Wonder Woman is the combo to beat . . .

keltzon
03-03-2014, 03:59 PM
Good freaking luck beating that combo. With both sets of the DCDBG being heavy Villain base, I very much doubt it could be stopped.

We played a two-headed variant just the other day, and two players combined score couldn't stop it. And the BC/WW player didn't buy a thing for the last 7 turns. Yeah.

Irwinwriggle
03-06-2014, 07:50 AM
BC/WW wasn't that hard to beat. In a 4 player game, I beat that with Booster Gold and Starfire

aventajado
03-11-2014, 09:55 PM
I revise my statement WW and Martian Manhunter THAT's the combo . . . one bonus begets the other . . . WOW

gallowsnoose
03-12-2014, 12:08 AM
Starfire/Superman should be nasty in the meta game. They want to leave super powers to keep you from drawing, but do they really want to leave them for you to power up Superman? It forces the other players to make hard decisions.