PDA

View Full Version : Location, location, location

Blackbird_13
03-03-2014, 06:21 AM
So.. let's say we have two or more of the new Locations out (excluding Oa).. assume we have Gotham City and Metropolis (a draw for Super Powers or Equipment).

Do we only flip the top card once per turn regardless of how many locations we have (and get to draw it if it's a Super Power or Equipment)... or do we have to call it and draw individually for each location?

Likewise.. this would mean that all having all four of those locations would be a guaranteed draw (or discard of a punch, vunerability, or weakness), right?

AaronH
03-03-2014, 07:31 AM
You get to use all of your locations, as long as you declare which one you're flipping for beforehand.

kmonarq7
03-03-2014, 09:37 AM
The way this goes is...

Declare which card you are drawing against, draw, take the card or decide what to do with it (based upon what it is)...

Then repeat for the next card. The declaration is the key to making that work well.

Blackbird_13
03-03-2014, 11:17 AM
That is what I'm trying to get clarification on, do you need to make a declaration (and thus, get to do it as many times as you have locations), or would you just flip once, and all of your locations would be "active" for that one flip?

EDIT: Is there something I missed in the rulebook (or on here) about the declaration thing?

AaronH
03-03-2014, 07:12 PM
You treat each Location individually and make a declaration for each one. Matt clarified on this a couple of days ago, I'll try to find it for you but it's probably in the sticky.

Edit: Here's Matt's post (it was in the sticky):

Yes.
You must say which one you are activating first, then reveal. Then activate the next Location and reveal again.

BizzaroFTW
03-04-2014, 12:46 AM
That is what I'm trying to get clarification on, do you need to make a declaration (and thus, get to do it as many times as you have locations), or would you just flip once, and all of your locations would be "active" for that one flip?

EDIT: Is there something I missed in the rulebook (or on here) about the declaration thing?

I am not sure it is discussed in the rulebook and I found the process of owning multiple locations to be a little awkward at first. But since Matt has clarified that you must remember to declare out loud for which you are peaking for, I am getting more used to it and I'm liking the new locations even more. He had also mentioned that if someone who owns multiple locations forgets to announce which one they are revealing for, then they would be forced to play them left to right or top to bottom.