PDA

View Full Version : Amazo with clayface and Shazam(hero)/Riddler is too OP xD

icyangelus
03-05-2014, 12:50 AM
Amazo copies clayface and a hero that grants you any amount of +power, then copy amazo with clayface rinse and reapeat for infinite power and buy the entire main deck.

AaronH
03-05-2014, 02:26 AM
Yep, I brought this up a couple of days ago in the Card Rulings sticky. Such a rare chance of it happening that I would be genuinely shocked if anyone ever actually managed to pull it off.

Blackbird_13
03-05-2014, 05:05 AM
Not rare at all.. using cards like Zatanna, Bat Signal/Robin (to pull out Zatanna), Canary Cry, and Hector Hammond.. this seems like it could be done pretty easy.

Matt's ruling of "you can only play one Clayface per turn" ruins a lot of other awesome combos (Parallax+Clayface+Clayface.. Suicide Squad+Clayface+Clayface), UNLESS that exclusively applies to Amazo.

Blackbird_13
03-05-2014, 05:10 AM
Delete

AaronH
03-05-2014, 05:11 AM
It requires both sets to be mixed, the player who gets Amazo to also get Clayface amongst both a large deck of cards and other players vying for the same cards, and to get them in the same hand (while Heroes Unite makes this easier, it would still be rather difficult). It would be an extremely uncommon occurrence, at the very least.

Where is this "one Clayface per turn" ruling?

ninjafriend
03-05-2014, 12:57 PM
I had the same issue a while back, and posted about it here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1124125/amazo-clayface-ruling-question

There, Matt mentioned that the ruling they would have put in to prevent Amazo going infinite would be "You can't play a Clayface more than once per turn," and that the rule would be in effect for any cross-set organized play.

In regards to shutting down Parallax + Clayface + Clayface, I don't believe that is the case. I think by "a Clayface", Matt means a specific Clayface. So you can play more than one Clayface per turn, but each Clayface card can only be played once. Unless somewhere else he mentioned you could only play one Clayface per turn.

Matt_Hyra
03-05-2014, 02:06 PM
You can certainly play multiple different Clayface cards in the same turn.
Keep in mind, this "ruling" was only going to be in effect for cross-set organized play.
I don't expect this to be a rule in home games. It's hard to pull off Amazo/Clayface combos.
And if your opponent let you, they deserve to lose.

Blackbird_13
03-06-2014, 05:11 AM
You can certainly play multiple different Clayface cards in the same turn.
Keep in mind, this "ruling" was only going to be in effect for cross-set organized play.
I don't expect this to be a rule in home games. It's hard to pull off Amazo/Clayface combos.
And if your opponent let you, they deserve to lose.

So, what would you say the rule should be for a home game? That you can only play one instance of a Clayface card each turn? Or that Amazo can only copy Clayface once per turn?

houjix
03-06-2014, 11:55 AM
So, what would you say the rule should be for a home game? That you can only play one instance of a Clayface card each turn? Or that Amazo can only copy Clayface once per turn?

It is your home, so do what is best for you.