PDA

View Full Version : Obligatory thread: Is there patch coming today?

Indormi
03-06-2014, 10:32 AM
Thursday's afternoon (in Europe) usually comes with a Hex alpha Update, are we going to see one today?

Daer
03-06-2014, 10:34 AM
I was just about to make a "Where is the weekly 'Is there there a patch this week?' Thread" thread.

Indormi
03-06-2014, 10:36 AM
I was just about to make a "Where is the weekly 'Is there there a patch this week?' Thread" thread.

Yeah I've been waiting some time waiting for the thread to pop up so I decided to make it myself.

Shaqattaq
03-06-2014, 10:42 AM
http://i.imgur.com/SaWhEzv.gif

Indormi
03-06-2014, 10:48 AM
Obligatory followup question: maybe later this week :P?

m4nt1c
03-06-2014, 10:49 AM
ty sir

Xenavire
03-06-2014, 12:43 PM
I would imagine next week. But Friday's might be the new patch day.

Wait and see I guess.

GPrime
03-06-2014, 12:54 PM
Friday is a pretty risky patch day, as the past two community tournaments have shown. Earlier in the week leaves more time to hotfix any serious game-breakers. Perhaps the team is organized so that late week patches are easier or make more sense internally, but I'd like to see this "late patch" mean we're moving to a Tuesday patch day.

Xenavire
03-06-2014, 12:57 PM
Friday is a pretty risky patch day, as the past two community tournaments have shown. Earlier in the week leaves more time to hotfix any serious game-breakers. Perhaps the team is organized so that late week patches are easier or make more sense internally, but I'd like to see this "late patch" mean we're moving to a Tuesday patch day.

I would like that too, but it seems unlikely at this point.

Shaqattaq
03-06-2014, 01:19 PM
Patching involves a lot of different variables, the primary one being "is the patch ready?" Ideally we'd patch on Wednesday or Thursday as that allows us the time we want to observe and work on the live game, but there have been times we've made the decision to patch on Friday to obtain the important weekend data and potentially squash a game-stopping bug. We don't think you'll see a Friday patch, but there are still 10+ hours in the week so who knows what our engineering wizards will whip up.

Xenavire
03-06-2014, 01:40 PM
Patching involves a lot of different variables, the primary one being "is the patch ready?" Ideally we'd patch on Wednesday or Thursday as that allows us the time we want to observe and work on the live game, but there have been times we've made the decision to patch on Friday to obtain the important weekend data and potentially squash a game-stopping bug. We don't think you'll see a Friday patch, but there are still 10+ hours in the week so who knows what our engineering wizards will whip up.

Regardless of the outcome, good luck and thanks for the hard work.

hex_colin
03-06-2014, 03:32 PM

To be fair, CZE doesn't really owe us anything with respect to scheduling their patches around our community-run events. Alpha is alpha...

GPrime
03-06-2014, 08:33 PM
To be fair, CZE doesn't really owe us anything with respect to scheduling their patches around our community-run events.

Absolutely not--but it's certainly something to keep in mind. Big tournaments reach a lot of eyes, alpha or not.

deteego
03-07-2014, 12:50 AM
Absolutely not--but it's certainly something to keep in mind. Big tournaments reach a lot of eyes, alpha or not.

Tournaments grab eyes, but not to the group of people that are relevant right now

Making sure the game is developed and stable should be top priority, and rushing out patches can often be a one step forward, 2 steps back result

chili
03-07-2014, 08:38 AM
Is a patch coming out today or is it moved to next week?

Xenavire
03-07-2014, 08:41 AM

How about we expect it next week, and be pleasantly surprised if it comes this week? It seriously sounds like it isn't this week anyway.

Svenn
03-07-2014, 10:58 AM
Sounds like nothing this week. Also, it's not really "moved" to any time since they've never put up a specific schedule for updates. They happen to have been updating weekly around Wednesday/Thursday, but they never said it would happen EVERY week or on a specific day. We get updates when we get them.

Shaqattaq
03-07-2014, 12:08 PM
No patch this week as our teams continue to work on the next update. Best of luck in your battles!

bojanglesz
03-07-2014, 03:12 PM
Sweet. Hopefully that means new feature next week.