PDA

View Full Version : Rules questions

Pages : [1] 2

Justatoaster
03-07-2014, 04:51 PM
Does the punk cat effect both players and can the silo of truth let you cast blue plains creatures with no plains?

Matt_Hyra
03-07-2014, 11:51 PM
Punk Cat only affects your Creatures. Your stuff typically just affects you unless the card specifically says something about an opposing Creature, or a Creature in this Lane (which could be either), etc.

The Silo plays anything and everything at no cost and you also pay no additional costs.

Justatoaster
03-08-2014, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the quick response! I just wanna clear up the lanes rule with these three cards.

The Field Reaper steals an opponents creature in his lane correct?

Can the Wood Mobile Home take an opponents creature if its in a lane adjacent to the one Wood Mobile Home is in?

Finally If Woadic Marauder moves to an opponents lane who draws a card?

Sorry for all the questions, game is super fun and I just wanted to clear this all up.

Matt_Hyra
03-08-2014, 11:15 PM
Field Reaper: Yes, in his Lane.
Woad Mobile: This card only moves your Creatures, not your opponent's Creatures. The rulebook mentions a couple times that stuff on your side is not adjacent to any of your opponent's stuff.
Woadic Marauder: If he gets stolen by a Field Reaper, he is changing Lanes, so the stealer gets to draw. If he moves across the table, but stays in the same Lane, there is no card draw.

No prob with the questions. Those are good ones!

Mewman72991
03-11-2014, 02:31 PM
About Punk cat and similar cards.
Do they stack?
Like while only having one punk cat out, if one creature was to move to a different lane twice in one turn.
Is that a +4?

Matt_Hyra
03-11-2014, 02:37 PM
Punk Cat just looks to see if they have or not. +2 is the max bonus.

TalkingMountain
03-17-2014, 08:34 AM
If you have a Cool Dog in each of the two center lanes, are you then completely un'attackable?

Matt_Hyra
03-17-2014, 09:21 AM
If you have a Cool Dog in each of the two center lanes, are you then completely un'attackable?

Yes, but your Creatures still have to attack.

TravisBaer
03-23-2014, 04:36 AM
Does Corn Lords attack go down when one of your cornfield creatures die?

Matt_Hyra
03-23-2014, 10:27 AM
Does Corn Lords attack go down when one of your cornfield creatures die?

Yes, so you should attack with it first.
If you are playing against it, you will want to attack it last.

Pampattitude
03-24-2014, 04:46 AM
About that, I have two questions:

1. For the Cool Dog, it can prevent the opponent from attacking adjacent creatures. But, when your turn comes up, you still have to attack with them. In this case, do the opposing creature still fight back and inflict damage? And, on the opponent turn, do your protected creature inflict damage or does the attack never happen?

2. When resolving attacks, is there a specific order or can you choose the creatures that fight first? So, for example, does killing a Cool Dog first allow you to attack adjacent opponent creatures?
Actually, same goes for anything. Can you choose the order of effects when the order is not specified or do the effects happen simultaneously (so you cannot use the result of an effect for another effect)?
Let's say I have two Wandering Bald Man cards and one Awesome Spider card. Can the Awesome Spider effect be applied after two cards are discarded from the top of the deck?

Thanks!

Matt_Hyra
03-24-2014, 01:18 PM
1. Yes, the defenders will still deal damage. They can't attack during their own turn. Note that Cool Dog can be attacked.

2. You choose the order. If you knock out Cool Dog, then he no longer protects adjacent creatures from being attacked.
If things would happen at the same time, you choose the order.

Atomic
04-02-2014, 08:28 PM
I've been playing the Finn/Jake decks with some friends and we have noticed that the Travelin' Farmer card is very powerful when paired with the Field of Nightmares card. For example, games are often won by replacing the farmer to play another creature, then using the farmer's ability to deal damage (directly to the opponent) based on the amount of cards in the opponent's s hand. They then use the Field of Nightmares card to deal that same damage and can often win the game in a single turn this way... My question is is it legal to count replacing the farmer with another creature as it "leaving play"?

Atomic
04-02-2014, 08:43 PM
Another question regarding spell stacking... I'll give an example.

In one of my Blue Plains landscapes I had Woadic Chief. Next to him I had an Ancient Scholar, and a second Ancient Scholar next to the first. I played two Woad Talismans from my hand and targeted Woadic Chief with each... Giving him an extra 8 damage in addition to his base of 2. I then flooped both Ancient Scholars and put both Woad Talismans back in my hand, and used them both on Woadic Chief again. At this point his damage was 18... I then used Teleport and moved Woadic Chief to the open Lane where I could attack my opponent directly... I ended up dealing 20 damage directly in one turn... Was that sequence legal?

Matt_Hyra
04-03-2014, 12:38 AM
I've been playing the Finn/Jake decks with some friends and we have noticed that the Travelin' Farmer card is very powerful when paired with the Field of Nightmares card. For example, games are often won by replacing the farmer to play another creature, then using the farmer's ability to deal damage (directly to the opponent) based on the amount of cards in the opponent's s hand. They then use the Field of Nightmares card to deal that same damage and can often win the game in a single turn this way... My question is is it legal to count replacing the farmer with another creature as it "leaving play"?

Yes it does. When you see the Farmer out there, best start getting rid of cards. Maybe even keep a low hand size in general against Corn.

Matt_Hyra
04-03-2014, 12:39 AM
Another question regarding spell stacking... I'll give an example.

In one of my Blue Plains landscapes I had Woadic Chief. Next to him I had an Ancient Scholar, and a second Ancient Scholar next to the first. I played two Woad Talismans from my hand and targeted Woadic Chief with each... Giving him an extra 8 damage in addition to his base of 2. I then flooped both Ancient Scholars and put both Woad Talismans back in my hand, and used them both on Woadic Chief again. At this point his damage was 18... I then used Teleport and moved Woadic Chief to the open Lane where I could attack my opponent directly... I ended up dealing 20 damage directly in one turn... Was that sequence legal?

That sounds perfectly legal to me. Nice combo!

Atomic
04-03-2014, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the clarification! One last question, is it legal to play a spell when you can't take advantage of the spell's effect? For example:

1. I have no empty lanes but play teleport.

2. None of my creatures changed lanes this turn, but I play Woad Blood.

In most circumstances it would be pretty dumb to play these cards without bring able to use their abilities, but if you have a card like Woadic Chief in play then it would be advantageous.

Matt_Hyra
04-03-2014, 11:36 AM
1. Yes
2. Yes

You got it.

Atomic
04-04-2014, 11:46 AM
Does field stalker' effect allow the owner of the card to draw an additional card to the card he normally draws at the beginning of his turn?

Atomic
04-04-2014, 02:32 PM
For the ancient scholar' floop effect, how do you randomize the rainbow cards? Separate them from the rest of the discard pile then flip them face down and grab a random one? Or can you take any rainbow card you want?

Matt_Hyra
04-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Does field stalker' effect allow the owner of the card to draw an additional card to the card he normally draws at the beginning of his turn?

Yes

Matt_Hyra
04-04-2014, 04:00 PM
For the ancient scholar' floop effect, how do you randomize the rainbow cards? Separate them from the rest of the discard pile then flip them face down and grab a random one? Or can you take any rainbow card you want?

Separate all of the rainbow cards, then shuffle them. Now pick one at random.

TalkingMountain
04-10-2014, 10:42 AM
If a creature is flooped, and then you play a (whatever card it is that readies a flooped creature) can the previously flooped creature be flooped again?

Matt_Hyra
04-10-2014, 01:07 PM
Yes indeed!

uforange
04-13-2014, 07:50 AM
question about field reaper's skill:
when he enters play, he moves a target creature in this lane to an adjacent empty lane on my side.

can i call field reaper on top of an occupied lane on my side, consider the original unit the target creature and move it to the lane beside field reaper?

Matt_Hyra
04-13-2014, 10:41 AM
No, the replacement effect that removes the previous Creature from play happens before Field Reaper's ability happens. You can't delay a game rule like how you replace Creatures.

Awesam87
04-13-2014, 04:59 PM
Uni Knight's ability is "Pay 1 Action >>> Target Creature in this lane has -10 ATK"

Other creatures say, "for this turn". Is Uni Knight's action permanent against the Target Creature so long as that creature is in play?

Matt_Hyra
04-13-2014, 08:30 PM
It is just for the turn. The new printing will say that on him and the Schoolhouse.

Atomic
04-13-2014, 10:03 PM
Do you need 3 SandyLands landscapes to play Lost Golem? Even if you manage to bring his action cost to two, one, or zero?

Matt_Hyra
04-14-2014, 10:48 AM
The cost of the card is how many Landscapes of that type you need. So if you reduce his cost to a 1, then you only need 1 SandyLands Landscape in play.

Atomic
04-14-2014, 11:15 AM
I see! Thanks for the clarification. The way that the rulebook reads seems to indicate otherwise so you guys might want to edit that eventually.

Matt_Hyra
04-14-2014, 03:36 PM
I see! Thanks for the clarification. The way that the rulebook reads seems to indicate otherwise so you guys might want to edit that eventually.

We will eventually. You are right. It could use some clarifying. Thanks for the heads up!

shawlax
05-04-2014, 07:56 AM
Hi, sorry if it has been explained allready -

Cool Dog
Blue Plains Creature

Your creatues on adjacent lanes may not be attacked -

does this mean they can skip and direct hit the player since the creature in that lane isnt a legal target?

Matt_Hyra
05-04-2014, 11:08 AM
No, they can't Fight at all, so they remain in the Ready state.

shawlax
05-04-2014, 11:42 AM
Schoolhouse -

Floop --- Your creaure in this lane loses all abilities and gains the FLOOP ability of random creature with a Floop ability in your discard pile until end of turn.

Any thoughts on decieding the random card, since i imagine its best to keep the discard pile in the same order?

Matt_Hyra
05-04-2014, 01:34 PM
The order of the discard pile doesn't matter. Most people just grab the applicable cards and shuffle them.

Awesam87
05-10-2014, 09:03 AM
The cost of the card is how many Landscapes of that type you need. So if you reduce his cost to a 1, then you only need 1 SandyLands Landscape in play.

Would that mean if I play Unempty Coffin I can play a Blue Plains creature at 0 cost even though I have no Blue Plains Landscapes in play?

The same would apply to creatures such as Teeth Leaf.

Matt_Hyra
05-10-2014, 10:12 AM
Would that mean if I play Unempty Coffin I can play a Blue Plains creature at 0 cost even though I have no Blue Plains Landscapes in play?

The same would apply to creatures such as Teeth Leaf.

Yes. Anything that you can reduce to cost 0 requires no Landscape type to play.

shawlax
05-19-2014, 03:42 AM
If I use the spirit tower card and for example get a blue plains monster from my opponent I can play it on my cornfield landscape - there's no cost due to the card effect but I was wondering because I don't have a blue plains card I can or can't play? Just wondering as there was some discussion between my friend and I if I could or not

Matt_Hyra
05-19-2014, 09:24 AM
You play it for free and don't need any Blue Plains to do so.
Any Creature type may be played onto any Landscape type.

shawlax
05-20-2014, 07:11 AM
Just wanted to confirm - you run out of cards in your deck you loose when your unable to draw ?

Matt_Hyra
05-20-2014, 09:29 AM
Just wanted to confirm - you run out of cards in your deck you loose when your unable to draw ?

No penalty for running out of cards. See page 3 of the rulebook, under #5.

shawlax
05-23-2014, 03:01 AM
Can you floop a card to return a random rainbow card even though there isn't a target rainbow card in this discard pile ?

Matt_Hyra
05-23-2014, 08:16 AM
If it says "target rainbow card" then no.
If the word "target" does not appear, then you can.

shawlax
05-23-2014, 09:27 AM
So you can floop ancient scholar if you don't have a rainbow card in your discard pile as it reads - return a random rainbow cars from discard -

Basically my mate wants it to be flooped to increase the atk of another creature

Matt_Hyra
05-23-2014, 10:11 AM
So you can floop ancient scholar if you don't have a rainbow card in your discard pile as it reads - return a random rainbow cars from discard -

Basically my mate wants it to be flooped to increase the atk of another creature

Correct.

Awesam87
05-28-2014, 03:43 PM
Temple of the Sun
If I play a creature does it have to be returned immediately or can I floop it and then return it to my hand?

Awesam87
05-28-2014, 04:01 PM
Blue Ogre
Does his +1 attack stack? e.g. I draw a card at the start of my turn so he gets +1, if I then draw a second card that turn does he now have +2 attack?

Awesam87
05-28-2014, 04:16 PM
Chest Burster
"At the start of your turn, deal 3 Damage to each opponent…"
Will there be rules in the future that will allow for more than 2 players?

Matt_Hyra
05-28-2014, 04:36 PM
Chest Burster
"At the start of your turn, deal 3 Damage to each opponent…"

Maybe someday!

Awesam87
05-28-2014, 04:37 PM
Pickler
Is there a difference between "destroying" and "sacrificing" a card?

Sorry for all the questions as well. My friends and I are playing together regularly and I'm trying to build up some tournament strength decks =)

Matt_Hyra
05-29-2014, 12:03 AM
There is no difference between sacrifice and destroy.
No prob on the questions.

nietzschebob
05-29-2014, 06:14 AM
Hi, i had a few questions please, apologies if they are a bit obvious:

1 - Do you need available landscapes to play building cards, including rainbow ones? It seems that for example Celestial Castle will need you to have at least one free landscape square, of any type to play it (along with 1+ action points).

I wanted to check as in following this rule I find myself very rarely using any of the building cards as they mean I am unable to play as many creatures and the creatures are almost always more helpful to use.

2 - If you attack a creature and deal enough damage to it to kill it will it still deal you damage in defense that turn?

3 - Do attack modifiers effect the damage dealt by defending creatures? For example will a creature in a lane with Blood Fortress deal +1 damage to me in defense if I attack it in my turn? Also will say the Corn Lord do 0 damage when defending or does he still get his bonus for other owned corn creatures?

Thank you.

EDIT: +1 not 1+

Matt_Hyra
05-29-2014, 11:48 AM
1. If you already have a Building on each of your Landscapes, you can replace a Building by playing a new Building. You do not have to place a Cornfield Building below a Cornfield Landscape. Buildings are great if you already have 4 Creatures in play, as you can then boost your Lanes.

2. Yes

3. Modifiers apply to Defenders, so they will deal the extra damage to the Attackers.

nietzschebob
05-29-2014, 12:33 PM
Thanks very much, that's a lot of help. I was after more clarification on 1 though please:

This may be a question about playing cards full stop. I was under the impression that with owning say 4 corn landscapes you could only ever have up to 4 points worth of corn creatures (or anything else) in play at any one time. By points i mean top left number.

Matt_Hyra
05-29-2014, 02:48 PM
The numbers are just the required Action cost to play. Once a card is in play, it doesn't count towards any limit. The Landscapes are not "used up" while there are cards in play. There are no limits. You could have a 2-cost Creature on each Landscape, with a 2-cost Building beneath each one.

Awesam87
05-29-2014, 11:23 PM
Hi Matt,

Two quick ones:

Temple of the Sun
If I play a creature does it have to be returned immediately or can I floop it and then return it to my hand?

Blue Ogre
Does his +1 attack stack? e.g. I draw a card at the start of my turn so he gets +1, if I then draw a second card that turn does he now have +2 attack?

Matt_Hyra
05-29-2014, 11:38 PM
Temple: No time to FLOOP it. Just return it.

Blue Ogre: They stack.

Boredomface
06-09-2014, 08:58 AM
Question. I assume the answer is yes, but just to be sure: can i print out the landscapes from this site and use them in a game?

Matt_Hyra
06-09-2014, 09:47 AM
Yes, feel free to do so. Printed out Landscapes are even "legal" at our events at GenCon and whatnot.

Boredomface
06-09-2014, 09:48 AM
Thanks! Whoo! I can finally use my husker knight!

Boredomface
06-09-2014, 10:34 AM
I dont understand the palace of bone. Does "Opposing creatures in this lane don't rrigger entering or leaving play effects" mean A) if there is a creature in the opposing lane, it cannot leave the board (likewise it couldn't enter on that lane) or B) does that mean "when (creature a) enters play, (effect)" nullifies that ability or C) do i write long winded sentences? Let me know

Matt_Hyra
06-09-2014, 11:19 AM
"When _______ enters play, _______."
"When _______ leaves play, _______."
That is what it negates.

Fcain1026
06-09-2014, 08:45 PM
What would you feel is the tactical advantage of using the "Temple of the Sun"? If you don't mind me asking.

Atomic
06-13-2014, 04:16 PM
OK so I have some questions regarding how card effects interact with the "Raise the Dead" card.

Teeth Leaf's card effect states that he can be played for 2 less actions if you have 10 or more cards in your discard pile. Does this mean that you don't count the one action is cost to play Raise the Dead?

Also Hot Eyebat states you must have at least 10 cards in your discard pile to play him at all. So assuming he ended up in your discard pile before you have 10 cards in it it, can you still play him using Raise the Dead?

Matt_Hyra
06-13-2014, 11:15 PM
If you play Raise the Dead, it simply puts the Creature into play. It doesn't care about any reductions in cost.

Yes, you can put Hpt Eyebay into play. You are using an effect to put it into play, not playing it.

jfrow
06-16-2014, 10:18 AM
So, I played this with a friend the other day for the (both of our) first time and the rules didn't mention something.

Is there overkill damage?
ex. A 9 defense creature that has 8 points of damage gets hit for 2 attack. Would that extra attack point hit the player?

Also, in the above scenario, would the attacking creature still take damage even though the target dies?
(And if that's an overkill, would the attacking player then take damage as well (assuming the answer to the first question is a yes)?)

Matt_Hyra
06-16-2014, 06:35 PM
There is no spill-over damage to the player.
Attackers and Defenders ALWAYS deal each other damage simultaneously.

sas828
06-18-2014, 07:36 AM
Sorry if this has been asked already. I know we start with 2 Action Points and they don't retain at the end of the turn but do the number of action points we get per turn increase each turn? Like we start with 2 and then next turn we get 3 and so forth. I've been playing it as just getting 2 but I was just wanting to make sure.

Matt_Hyra
06-18-2014, 12:07 PM
Sorry if this has been asked already. I know we start with 2 Action Points and they don't retain at the end of the turn but do the number of action points we get per turn increase each turn? Like we start with 2 and then next turn we get 3 and so forth. I've been playing it as just getting 2 but I was just wanting to make sure.

2 Actions per turn for the entire game.

Atomic
06-19-2014, 05:14 PM
Scenario:
I have 24 cards in my discard pile. I have a Wandering Bald Man and a Extraordinary Spider on the field. Both cards'effect take effect "at the start of your turn", so does that mean they occur simultaneously and I would have 25 cards in my discard pile, thus doing 5 direct damage my opponent?

Matt_Hyra
06-19-2014, 05:19 PM
You choose the order in which to resolve them, so you can have 25 in your discard when you resolve the Spider.

Atomic
06-20-2014, 11:06 PM
I have a question about Palace of Bone and how it interacts with Sandwitch.

If I already have Palace of Bone in play, and an opponent plays a Sandwitch in that lane I assume she would not do direct damage herself. But what about other creatures played in other lanes? Can they trigger her effect or would I have to have a Palace of Bone in their Lane as well? Or does Palace of Bone negate the effect altogether because Sandwitch is the card with said effect?

Matt_Hyra
06-21-2014, 08:48 AM
Palace of Bone needs to be in the Lane where the Creature is entering play, not just in the Sandwitch's Lane.

bdan991
06-22-2014, 01:38 AM
Probably just about the simplest question I've seen posted, but I figured it would be worth a try since it could likely be easily answered.

After flooping a card, it's put in the exhausted state and cannot attack that turn with the other cards.. On my next turn, is the card still flooped and unable to attack? And if so, does it stay flooped/exhausted up until it's taken off the board or un-flooped by another card, since (i believe) you can't manually un-floop a card?

Matt_Hyra
06-22-2014, 10:34 AM
Rules say to ready all of your exhausted cards at the start of your turn. They become exhausted when flooped or when they attack.
So all of your cards ready.

Akashi108
06-24-2014, 05:17 PM
Two basic questions. When you play a card like a blood fortress that buffs a lane, and the creature in that lane is destroyed, is the fortress destroyed as well? And, can you discard from your hand at any time? Thanks!

Matt_Hyra
06-25-2014, 06:09 AM
The Building stays. It is not linked to the Creature.

No, you cannot discard a card at any time. There has to be an effect happening to allow you to discard a card.

Micromancer
06-26-2014, 06:11 PM
Is there a maximum hand size limit?

Matt_Hyra
06-26-2014, 07:04 PM
Is there a maximum hand size limit?

Nope.

Kaitengiri
06-26-2014, 09:27 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Awesam87 View Post
Chest Burster
"At the start of your turn, deal 3 Damage to each opponentÖ"

Matt_Hyra: Maybe someday!

I've actually already figured out a good 2 vs 2 ruleset that works pretty well especially for teams.

You set up your four landscapes to form two lanes with the first opponent, then two lands with his partner. So the battle field will look like this:

Then you take turns from player one, go diagonally across, then across from that player, then diagonally again.

Like so:

1 4
3 2

Micromancer
06-28-2014, 11:32 AM
Can Beach Mummy bounce an enemy creature in an adjacent lane?

Matt_Hyra
06-28-2014, 03:56 PM
No.
Check the glossary of terms in the back of the rulebook.
Only your stuff is adjacent to your stuff. Enemy stuff is never adjacent to your stuff.

bdan991
07-02-2014, 05:22 AM
Does the sandsnake damage the opponents hit points if there isn't an opposing creature in that lane? And if it DOES damage the opponent, is it possible to play this and damage the opponent on the very first players first turn?

Matt_Hyra
07-02-2014, 09:50 AM
Does the sandsnake damage the opponents hit points if there isn't an opposing creature in that lane? And if it DOES damage the opponent, is it possible to play this and damage the opponent on the very first players first turn?

Sandsnake only does damage to Creatures. If there isn't an opposing Creature, it deals no damage upon entering play.

bdan991
07-02-2014, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the clarification.
On a similar note; The sandylands Snake Eyes card gives Žach of your creatures +2 ATK this turn while attacking a creature that is on a Useless Swamp landscape". As such, if this card is played and there is no creature in the opposing lane, does do my own creatures still gain a +2 attack bonus if attacking the opponent directly?

Considering it states "while attacking a creature", I doubt it, but it's something I felt compelled to ask. Thanks for all your help!

Matt_Hyra
07-03-2014, 01:17 AM
"While attacking a Creature" bonuses do not apply if there is no Creature to attack.

AceTrainer
07-07-2014, 10:03 PM
Thank you for all the answers that came up. It was helpful. I have two questions myself:

1. Do cards like Ghost Tree and Sea Hag only bonuses when defending and attacking respectively? Ghost Tree reads, "Ghost Tree has +2 ATK while defending against a creature that is on a Cornfield Landscape." Sea Hag reads, "Sea Hag has +1 ATK while attacking a Creature that is on a Useless Swamp Landscape." Also, Cards like Immortal Maize Walker state that it deals triple damage. Is that for both attacking and defending.

2. Can cards with a floop ability, floop and not activate the floop ability just for the sake of not attacking? Can it floop even though it is possible for it to use its ability and decide to not to use the ability just so it wouldn't attack?

Thank you again in advance for helping me clear up this issues.

Matt_Hyra
07-07-2014, 11:10 PM
1. Ghost Tree only gets it while defending. Sea Hag only gets it while attacking. IMWalker gets it either way.

2. If the FLOOP ability doesn't use the word "target," then you can. If it uses the word, you must have a target to be able to FLOOP at all.

Azraeleon
07-08-2014, 11:29 PM
Hi there, looking for clarification on a card.

On the Fisher Fish it says deal 2 damage to each opposing player. Is this a typo?

Matt_Hyra
07-09-2014, 12:01 AM
Hi there, looking for clarification on a card.

On the Fisher Fish it says deal 2 damage to each opposing player. Is this a typo?

Not a typo. Just there in case players get into some multi-player action!

Azraeleon
07-09-2014, 12:13 AM
Fantastic. That's what we thought but just wanted to clarify. Thanks!

Bufnstuf
07-12-2014, 02:23 PM
If I use Spirit Tower to move a target creature to my side can I useBeach Mummy's Floop to return it to my hand? Or does it go back to the original owners hand?

Matt_Hyra
07-12-2014, 04:03 PM
Owner's hand. Your opponent's cards can't end up in your hand, deck, or discard pile.

Bufnstuf
07-13-2014, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the quick reply!

xojins
07-14-2014, 09:30 AM
If I use Field Stalker on my first turn, do I have to wait until my second turn to use his ability ("At the start of your turn, each player draws a card")? Also, is this in addition to the one card I will already draw at the start of my turn?

xojins
07-14-2014, 09:42 AM
Another question: Is there any limit to the number of same-type cards I am allowed to have in my deck? For instance, can I have 20 Corn Scepters in my deck?

reid5425
07-15-2014, 08:38 AM
If you use a Schoolhouse on a creature that has a "at the start of your turn ability" does it lose it's ability until you unfloop it? For example, would a Lady Beetle or Wandering Bald Man not activate because they would still be exhausted and have the new ability at the start of your turn? It's like having your cake and eating it too if you get both.

Matt_Hyra
07-15-2014, 09:23 AM
Schoolhouse can only get you a FLOOP ability from your discard pile.

reid5425
07-15-2014, 09:32 AM
Schoolhouse can only get you a FLOOP ability from your discard pile.
Yes, but say for example I had a Wandering Bald Man on the field and used Schoolhouse to get Blue Gnome's ability from the discards and Flooped WBM. At the start of my next turn, before I ready everything, do I still get to discard the top card of my deck, or is that ability lost because he would technically still have Blue Gnome's ability?

Matt_Hyra
07-15-2014, 12:27 PM
The Schoolhouse ability only lasts until the end of your turn.
The new foil versions of the Schoolhouse in For the Glory have this text change.

nietzschebob
07-21-2014, 03:13 AM
Hi, 2 quick questions please, apologies if they are a bit basic:

1) Does the attack bonus that the Woadic Chief gets only apply in the turn he is played or is it every turn he is in play please?

2) When a card has an effect "at the start of your turn" do you have to wait until the turn after playing it for the effect to take place? eg) you play wandering bald man during your turn, do you discard a card instantly or do you have to wait until your next turn to do so.

Thank you btw, I've had several questions answered in this thread already and it's been all sorts of helpful.

Matt_Hyra
07-21-2014, 10:11 AM
1> During each of your turns, he gets his ability. So if you play 1 Spell during each of your turns, he will always be +2 ATK.

2> In the turn in which you play the card, it is no longer the start of your turn. Gotta wait til the start of the next turn.

Thanks for the questions and glad this thread is of help.

Zombub
08-02-2014, 05:00 AM
My local game store just had their first official-unofficial Card Wars tournament, 7 players fighting For The Glory (for the record I won it with 4-landscape Slimeys :P), here's a few questions that came up before and during (we resolved them to all players' satisfaction, just wanting to confirm)

1. To clarify cost reduction from another thread, any spell or ability that reduces the cost of a card (Unempty Coffin, Djinni Ghost, Lost Golem, etc) to X makes that card and X-cost until it enters play? (For the purposes of Pentacutie, Temple of the Sun) So Lost Golem doesn't go infinite auto-kill with Temple and Sandwitch?

2. If that's true, can you cast a Lost Golem if you have less than 3 Sandylands in play, by casting a creature and reducing it's cost? Can you build a deck with cards you can't naturally cast/is the cost-landscapes restriction on deck construction or just casting? (The specific situation was can you have a Lost Golem in a 2 Sandylands/2 Blue Plains deck?)

3. If THAT'S true, can you use Musical Chairs to make your deck illegal?

4. Can a creature reanimated by Raise Dead replace a creature or does it have to enter an empty lane?

M_Bieniewicz
08-05-2014, 03:46 PM
1. Cards with reduced costs enter play with those reduced costs, So a 0-cost Lost Golem won't trigger the Temple of the Sun.
2. If you reduce the cost, you reduce the landscape requirement.
3. You can put cards in your deck that you can't cast. Musical Chairs won't cause anything illegal.
4. Yes, it can replace.

Jake_the_Dog
08-10-2014, 03:32 PM
My turn to have a question! When a creature comes back to the hand, does it count as leaving play? To be more specific, I want to know if Green Snakey triggers its effect when coming back to the hand by another card's effect.

Ferd
08-10-2014, 06:43 PM
Hi.

I have a question. If I floop a creature (for example: Beach Mummy) Can I return that creature to my hand by another card effect?? (for example using Sand Sphynx building or another adjacent Beach Mummy)

Roughbuddha
08-11-2014, 03:22 AM
1. If you have a monster with 0 attack and he is at the ready does he have to attack like any other card and just take the damage from the defending monster?

2. If you are playing a monster with a damage multiplier from a landscape like the Maize-walker and you buff his attack, do you then multiply the end damage? Like if he has 2+2 attack, do you multiply (2+2)X3 = 12 damage total?

3. Do flooped/exhausted monsters still do damage to attacking monsters?

4. Just to clarify what "ready" means, any monster that is not flooped or exhausted is "ready" and must attack, right?

M_Bieniewicz
08-12-2014, 04:14 PM
@Jake.
Yes, the Snakey has left play when it returned to your hand.

@Ferd:
Matt says yes, you may use spells, Actions, or floop abilities to return another flooped creature to your hand.

@Roughbudda
1. yes

2. yes. Immortal maize walker will do triple whatever it's current damage value is. Since the multiplier only happens as it attacks, all buffs(via spells, static abilities, and floops) have to have been applied to it before that

3. yes, otherwise they would never do damage to attackers at all, since on your turn, all of your opponents creatures should always be flooped or exhausted unless a card ability has prevented it (Cool Dog, for example, prevents attacks on your creatures in adjacent lanes. If your opponent has creatures without floop abilities in those lanes, they will enter your turn still in the ready position.)

4. Yes, unless you are the very first player of the game on turn 1.

Jake_the_Dog
08-13-2014, 07:51 AM
Thank you!

callmehyde
08-13-2014, 10:02 AM
Hello! Girlfriend and I are loving the game so far. We have some questions after a few games.

Husker Worm - Why would you ever want to flip one of your own landscapes? If you flip a landscape with a card on it does it destroy the card?
Does an attacking card in the opposing lane damage a flooped card? A flooped card doesn't attack but it can defend?
Can you "replace" cards on a landscape? If I already have a card on a landscape and want to place something else there before it dies.
What happens when a landscape is flipped exactly? We're really confused on this aspect.

Lastly, any news on more prints for the BMO & Lady Raincorn pack? It's extremely hard to find locally and online prices have skyrockted due to supply issues from what I can tell. We'd really like to pick it up but probably not for $40 :(.

Thank you!!

M_Bieniewicz
08-13-2014, 12:21 PM
1. You don't want to flip your own landscapes, as it weakens your deck. The "flip a cornfield landscape" is an additional cost to the otherwise under-cost over-powered Husker Worm, because it is a 5/4 for a cost of 1. Thematically, its because the worm appears and then promptly EATS a cornfield landscape.

2. When you are attacking down a lane, the only question relevant is if there is a creature there to block or not. if there is not, you damage your opponent directly. If there IS you do damage to that creature, and it damages your creature in turn. There is no difference if that creature had been flooped the turn before, attacked the turn before, or was still ready because something had prevented it from attacking at all (I'm looking at you, Cool Dog).

tldr;
If a creature attacks down an occupied lane, the defending creature will always counter attack.

3. At long as you are not attempting to replace a flooped creature, you may replace a creature in your lanes. the creature that was there previous goes to the graveyard.

4. Landscapes tell your opponent what spell types you use, and determine the maximum cost of spells you can play of that(those) type(s) Also, any card with a static ability that looks at landscape types cannot see that landscape on a flipped landscape tile.
You may still play creatures onto flipped landscapes, the landscape just no longer has a type.

For the purpose of casting rainbow spells, they do not care about your landscapes at all, only your available actions for the turn.

For the purpose of casting spells tied to a landscape type, to cast a 1 cost Cornfield spell, you need 1 available actions, and 1 cornfield landscapes.
If you only have 1 cornfield landscape face up, you could still cast two 1 cost cornfield spells each turn.

To cast a two cost cornfield spell, you need two available actions, and two face-up cornfield landscapes.
If you only have 1 cornfield landscape face up, you cannot cast a two or higher cost cornfield card, unless you can reduce the cost of the spell to 1 or less.
An example would be using the Rainbow spell Unempty coffin to drop the cost of a 2 cost creature to 0, effectively making it a rainbow creature while you cast it.
An example of this would be the normally 2 cost "Teeth Leaf, Useless swamp creature: If you have 10 or more cards in your discard pile, pay 2 fewer actions to play Teeth Leaf". If you had no face-up Useless swamps, you could still play Teeth leaf if you had 10 cards in your discard pile.

Epidemic
09-05-2014, 05:35 PM
So we've been playing Card Wars non-stop, and ran into a situation today where I was playing at LSP vs Bubblegum, and I exhausted my 40 card deck. What do you do at that point? Do you stop drawing cards? Do you reshuffle and lose your entire discard pile? The rules just say that you don't lose if you exhaust your cards, but it doesn't suggest how you complete your turn/game. Please help.

Epidemic
09-05-2014, 05:38 PM
One other question as well. If you have a character on the board that requires you to discard a card to keep him on the board (steakchop?), and then later in your same turn, you play a character that has increased attack if you discard a card, does that original discard also count for the newly played player since it is in the same turn? Or would you have to discard another card to trigger the benefit in last played character?

Matt_Hyra
09-06-2014, 06:00 AM
So we've been playing Card Wars non-stop, and ran into a situation today where I was playing at LSP vs Bubblegum, and I exhausted my 40 card deck. What do you do at that point? Do you stop drawing cards? Do you reshuffle and lose your entire discard pile? The rules just say that you don't lose if you exhaust your cards, but it doesn't suggest how you complete your turn/game. Please help.

You just don't get to draw any new cards.

Matt_Hyra
09-06-2014, 06:02 AM
One other question as well. If you have a character on the board that requires you to discard a card to keep him on the board (steakchop?), and then later in your same turn, you play a character that has increased attack if you discard a card, does that original discard also count for the newly played player since it is in the same turn? Or would you have to discard another card to trigger the benefit in last played character?

The discard on Steakchop does not apply to the other card's discard for ATK effect. Each discard is a separate effect.

Aeralis
09-11-2014, 06:29 PM
So I'm noticing that a few creatures have effects that are triggered by "destroying" them. Am I correct in assuming that that just means you may choose to send them to your discard pile as a special thing that only they can do? (As opposed to you, at any time, being able to choose to destroy any creature or building without replacing.) I tried looking up the rules for destroying things in the rulebooks, but it doesn't come up.

Matt_Hyra
09-11-2014, 11:28 PM
If it says "Destroy >>> Effect" then you can choose to destroy the card to get the effect.
You cannot choose to destroy a creature that doesn't have that text. You may replace a creature, however, by playing a new one onto that same landscape.

Jake_the_Dog
09-12-2014, 10:56 AM
Hey there! I met someone from the wiki yesterday to play the game and we have a question concerning Silo of Justice.

"Pay 1 Action >>> Deal 1 Damage to target Creature in this Lane and 1 Damage to its controller."

Suppose I control Silo of Justice and my opponent doesn't have any creature in Silo's lane, can I still activate its effect to make the opposing player lose 1 HP or must there absolutely be a creature for this to work?

Matt_Hyra
09-12-2014, 12:02 PM
"target Creature" means there MUST be a target.

Jake_the_Dog
09-12-2014, 05:25 PM
Ah man, I should have payed attention to that word! Thanks!

Jake_the_Dog
09-25-2014, 09:46 AM
A few questions:

1- Although a card's cost can't be reduced bellow 0, can I still use Unempty Coffin (http://www.adventuretimecardwars.com/index.php?title=Unempty_Coffin) on a cost 1 creature to make it 0?

2- When playing Subliminal Strength (http://www.adventuretimecardwars.com/index.php?title=Subliminal_Strength), if I play more spells afterwards, does it still boost Subliminal Strength's power or does it only count the spells that were played before?

3-Can I discard cards for the effect of Infinite Figure (http://www.adventuretimecardwars.com/index.php?title=Infinite_Figure) even if there's no other creature in his Lane (since it doesn't mention "target creature")?

Matt_Hyra
09-25-2014, 08:46 PM
1. Yes
2. Yes, it counts all played that turn before or after.
3. Yes, as it indeed does not target.

Jake_the_Dog
09-26-2014, 01:19 PM
Alright, thanks! I wasn't too sure about Subliminal Strength (http://www.adventuretimecardwars.com/index.php?title=Subliminal_Strength)'s effect because Woadic Chief (http://www.adventuretimecardwars.com/index.php?title=Woadic_Chief) is written the exact same way and it doesn't stop counting the spells until the turn is over.

Matt_Hyra
09-26-2014, 03:34 PM
Arg. Thought they had different wordings. I edited my answer. They work the same.

Jake_the_Dog
09-26-2014, 03:42 PM
Alright thanks!

Awesomegan
09-27-2014, 04:10 PM
Hey, quick question! I know all creatures have to attack, but if your creature has no attack value, does it still attack (and thus accumulate damage without dealing any)?

*EDIT* Nevermind, I found the answer :) They do attack! Thank you! Love the game, just need to get my hands on BMO & Lady Rainicorn set now!

jmclarke86
10-07-2014, 11:57 AM
Hi, guys. Great game, btw! My fiancee and I have a question about the Silo of Truth card. If it costs one action to play the card itself on the player's turn, assuming they don't have any other cards that are giving them an extra action that turn, is there no way the card can be played and it's ability used in the same turn by the player? Essentially would the player have to wait until their next turn when they have 2 actions available again to actually use the ability?

Matt_Hyra
10-07-2014, 06:14 PM
Yes.
It is specifically costed so that it would be very hard to play and use in the same turn.
Since it's a powerful card, this gives your opponent one turn advanced warning, so they can find a way to get rid of some of their best cards before they get stolen.

Glad you like the game!

Hiruma_Teri
10-12-2014, 08:51 PM
I have Travelin' Farmer in play. My opponent steals him with Spirit Tower and replaces him. Who does Travelin' Farmer's effect hit?

Matt_Hyra
10-13-2014, 07:35 AM
The player who controlled him at the time be left play. So you, the former controller gets hit, as you did not control him at the time he left play.

ImNotSleepy
10-30-2014, 12:48 AM
Sorry if this question has already been asked. Can I destroy a creature for no purpose other than to have an empty Lane? Purpose is to move a creature to an empty Lane if my field is full. Thanks and love the game.

Matt_Hyra
10-30-2014, 01:54 AM
Sorry if this question has already been asked. Can I destroy a creature for no purpose other than to have an empty Lane? Purpose is to move a creature to an empty Lane if my field is full. Thanks and love the game.

No, you would have to replace it to destroy it, but that doesn't give you an empty lane...

Atomic
11-28-2014, 07:40 PM
If I have Dragon Foot and Herculeye both in play and I discard a card does it count for both of their abilities or just one of them?

Matt_Hyra
11-29-2014, 08:28 AM
Just one. Announce which one you are discarding for as you do it.

BlueMune
12-16-2014, 08:08 AM
Quick question - When snake eye ring is played is Teeth Leaf treated as a zero cost card (assuming there are 10+ cards in the discard pile)

Matt_Hyra
12-16-2014, 10:39 AM
Quick question - When snake eye ring is played is Teeth Leaf treated as a zero cost card (assuming there are 10+ cards in the discard pile)

No, it's a 2 while in play. You just pay less to play it if you have 10+ cards in your discard pile.

Jake_the_Dog
01-08-2015, 12:17 PM
Question about the Hero Card Magic Man. We're wondering, at the card wars wiki, if Magic Man's effect triggers on a cost 2 creature that's been reduced to 0 at the moment it is being played by Unempty Coffin.

We also want to know whether Lost Golem and Blueberry Pieclops can trigger Magic Man when their cost is reduced by their own effect.

Edit: We would also like to know if a creature played with a cost reducing effect is considered to have that reduced cost as long as it is on the board (for Suzan Strong).

TheBlueShaman
01-08-2015, 09:23 PM
do you have to play your monster on its type of feild or can you do it on anything you want?

TheBlueShaman
01-08-2015, 09:26 PM
can you replace a tapped monster the turn it is tapped?

Matt_Hyra
01-09-2015, 12:43 AM
Question about the Hero Card Magic Man. We're wondering, at the card wars wiki, if Magic Man's effect triggers on a cost 2 creature that's been reduced to 0 at the moment it is being played by Unempty Coffin.

We also want to know whether Lost Golem and Blueberry Pieclops can trigger Magic Man when their cost is reduced by their own effect.

Edit: We would also like to know if a creature played with a cost reducing effect is considered to have that reduced cost as long as it is on the board (for Suzan Strong).

Whatever cost you reduce a card to is the cost of that Creature until after it enters play. Then it reverts to its printed cost.
As for Susan Strong: No

Matt_Hyra
01-09-2015, 12:43 AM
do you have to play your monster on its type of feild or can you do it on anything you want?

You can play it on any of your Landscapes.

Matt_Hyra
01-09-2015, 12:44 AM
can you replace a tapped monster the turn it is tapped?

No. The rules of replacement say that you may only replace a ready creature.

Floop
01-09-2015, 05:35 PM
A 2-cost Creature is one that has a printed 2 cost. Sometimes you pay less for certain Creatures, but it doesn't make them have a different cost.
As for Susan Strong: No

In regards to Magic Man's ability, how (or why) does it differ from the way Cost reductions interact with Temple of the Sun?

This quote seems to contradict your previous statement.

"Cards with reduced costs enter play with those reduced costs, So a 0-cost Lost Golem won't trigger the Temple of the Sun.

Posted by M_Bieniewicz on page 11 of this thread.

EDIT:
The wording for Temple of the Sun is "enters play", and the wording for Magic Man is "When you play". I'm going to assume this is the absolute difference in how the mechanics are effected.

Matt_Hyra
01-10-2015, 04:40 AM
In regards to Magic Man's ability, how (or why) does it differ from the way Cost reductions interact with Temple of the Sun?

This quote seems to contradict your previous statement.

"Cards with reduced costs enter play with those reduced costs, So a 0-cost Lost Golem won't trigger the Temple of the Sun.

Posted by M_Bieniewicz on page 11 of this thread.

EDIT:
The wording for Temple of the Sun is "enters play", and the wording for Magic Man is "When you play". I'm going to assume this is the absolute difference in how the mechanics are effected.

That difference is what threw me off. Actually, they are meant to play the same. I changed my answer above. They do have that cost when you play them, but then revert to their printed cost after they enter play.

Jake_the_Dog
01-10-2015, 01:09 PM
I'm glad this was corrected! The game was gonna get so broken lol

TheBlueShaman
01-10-2015, 06:29 PM
what if it is taped for eff then untapped by a card eff then can it be replaced?

TheBlueShaman
01-10-2015, 06:30 PM
is it true you can only draw a certain number of cards per turn?

TheBlueShaman
01-10-2015, 06:32 PM
is there a fuller rule book i can read? ive read the basic book but there seems to be more rules. also is there going to be real life tournaments?

Matt_Hyra
01-10-2015, 09:45 PM
what if it is taped for eff then untapped by a card eff then can it be replaced?

Yes

Matt_Hyra
01-10-2015, 09:45 PM
is it true you can only draw a certain number of cards per turn?

No, you can spend any number of actions to draw.

Matt_Hyra
01-10-2015, 09:46 PM
is there a fuller rule book i can read? ive read the basic book but there seems to be more rules. also is there going to be real life tournaments?

There is no other rulebook, but you can find some rulings in this thread.
Tournaments can happen anywhere people organize them.
Cryptozoic hosts live tournaments at GenCon in August.

TheBlueShaman
01-10-2015, 10:10 PM
have you guys ever considered selling updated rule books? id love to start a local group but i dont think it would last very long if i didnt know the rulings for different cards.

TheBlueShaman
01-10-2015, 10:25 PM
how many people usually come to play card wars every year.

Matt_Hyra
01-11-2015, 03:27 PM
Each new Collector's Pack has an updated rulebook.
You can find card rulings and errata on the fan wikia: http://www.adventuretimecardwars.com/Main_Page

The GenCon constructed events get about 8-12. The sealed events sell out at 24 players.

phoenixscar
01-16-2015, 05:09 PM
Ruling question...

Does playing "Raise the Dead" bypass the color requirement for 2-action cards?
(Ex. Rules say I can't PLAY 2-action creatures unless I have 2 of those landscapes. However, can I reanimate a 2-action creature of any color? [Since I'm playing the 1-action swamp spell, not the creature?])

phoenixscar
01-16-2015, 05:32 PM
Ruling question #2...

As long as "Ancient Scholar" floops in a lane with a building you control, then you gain 1 action, regardless of whether or not he returns a Rainbow card, right?

Matt_Hyra
01-17-2015, 02:22 AM
Ruling question...

Does playing "Raise the Dead" bypass the color requirement for 2-action cards?
(Ex. Rules say I can't PLAY 2-action creatures unless I have 2 of those landscapes. However, can I reanimate a 2-action creature of any color? [Since I'm playing the 1-action swamp spell, not the creature?])

Yes. If you are summoning a Creature by alternate means you are not subject to the Landscape requirement.

Matt_Hyra
01-17-2015, 02:23 AM
Ruling question #2...

As long as "Ancient Scholar" floops in a lane with a building you control, then you gain 1 action, regardless of whether or not he returns a Rainbow card, right?

Correct. It doesn't target a Rainbow card, so you can use it even if you don't have one.

Floop
01-17-2015, 03:12 PM
Got another Hero Pack question for ya, Matt. Huntress Wizard's ability has you name a word with 3 or more letters. If I named "Woad", would a card like Woadic Chief work, or is it restricted to Woad only? Likewise, would naming "Blue" work with Blueberry Pieclops?

On a similar note, Djini cards are present (Blueberry Djini, Grape Djini, etc), but Peach Djinni is an alternate spelling of "Djini". If Huntress Wizard named "Djini", would Peach Djinni be excluded since it is spelled differently?

Matt_Hyra
01-18-2015, 02:28 AM
Woad appears all forms of Woadic. Blue appears in Blueberry. These work.
Djinni covers all of them despite the spellings. You are saying it, not writing it out. They should all be pronounced the same.

Floop
01-28-2015, 12:51 PM
Okay, I've got another Hero question for ya, Matt. 0

Princess Bubblegum's ability says "Once per turn, you may deal 1 Damage to one of your Creatures. That Creature has +1 ATK this turn." Can this be activated on your opponents turn? If it can't, why was it worded "Once per turn", rather than "Once during each of your turns" ?(Tree Trunks using this wording.)

Thanks for your time. :)

Matt_Hyra
01-28-2015, 01:12 PM
There is nothing in the game that you can activate during your opponent's turn.
PB should have used that wording. I guess we missed it.

Godzmila
01-31-2015, 08:18 PM
question,
if my opponent has a pentacutie and, in my discard pile there's more than 10 cards, can i play a teeth leaf?

Matt_Hyra
01-31-2015, 09:39 PM
question,
if my opponent has a pentacutie and, in my discard pile there's more than 10 cards, can i play a teeth leaf?

No, as its cost has been reduced to 0.

Floop
02-01-2015, 05:42 PM
No, as its cost has been reduced to 0.

I know, Matt, I've been a real pain in the tookus! But in response to that question and answer, Teeth Leaf says "pay 2 fewer Actions", not "costs 2 less". It still costs 2, you just don't pay it. At least, that's what I would assume. Any corrections are welcome, simply for further editing of the fanwiki. :)

Matt_Hyra
02-01-2015, 10:31 PM
Intent is that it is 0.

Floop
02-06-2015, 03:53 PM
I'm here to bother you again, Matt!

Okay, I'm looking for clarification on "At the start of your turn" effects. Every card with such an ability doesn't specify when you actually do it (before your free draw, before you ready your exhausted creatures, etc), with the exception of Steakchop, which reads "Discard after your free draw." in parentheses.

My question, is Steakchop an exception, and "At the start of your turn" effects would normally trigger before the free draw? Or is this the first instance of clarification, and they all work the same way as Steakchop?

I felt this was important enough to ask, since cards like Eye Guy (At the start of your turn, look at the top card of your deck. You may put it on the bottom of your deck.) would seem less useful if it were after your free draw.

Sorry to always be a pain.

Matt_Hyra
02-06-2015, 06:44 PM
Start of turn effects take place after drawing.

Godzmila
02-12-2015, 10:02 AM
question:
if my opponent has a cool dog next to a nice ice baby and i put a gold ninja on the field (i play with 3 different landscapes) can i still target the nice ice baby card?

Matt_Hyra
02-12-2015, 01:51 PM
question:
if my opponent has a cool dog next to a nice ice baby and i put a gold ninja on the field (i play with 3 different landscapes) can i still target the nice ice baby card?

Yes, you can target Nice Ice Baby. Cool Dog only prevents adjacent Creatures from being Attacked during the Fight Phase. The Creatures can still be targeted with anything you want.

Floop
02-12-2015, 04:42 PM
Question about discarding. The rule book reads "Discard: When you are told to discard a card, that card comes from your hand. It goes to your discard pile. You get to choose what to discard unless the effect says otherwise."

There are cards, like Ogre Gas and Incredible Egg, that have you reveal cards from your deck and discard some of them.

My question: do cards like Wandering Bald Man and Green Merman count as discarding?

They read "At the start of your turn, put the top card of your deck into your discard pile." and "FLOOP >>> Put the top card of your deck into your discard pile, Deal Damage to each opposing Creature equal to the discarded card's Action Cost." respectively.

Note that they do not say discard, but Green Merman in particular refers to the card as discarded. This question arose when using Black Paladin's ability, which gives +1 ATK for each discarded card that turn.

Matt_Hyra
02-13-2015, 03:04 PM
Top card of deck to discard pile is not a "discard."

SmashMonkey
02-16-2015, 11:38 AM
I have 3 questions:

1) Mouthball - Has +2 DEF for every 5 cards in discard pile. What happens if the discard pile increases/decreases after Mouthball is put in play? Does his DEF change during subsequent turns?

2) Sand Eyebat - Gains 1 DEF when another Creature enters play under my control. Does he continue gaining additional DEF in future turns as creatures are killed and others put into play?

3) Creatures with 0 ATK e.g. Wandering Bald Man - Do they have to fight? They will do no damage and end up taking damage. Can they just opt not to fight?

Thanks

Matt_Hyra
02-17-2015, 02:29 AM
1) It changes as the number of cards in your discard changes.
2) Yes
3) They have to fight.

I have 3 questions:

1) Mouthball - Has +2 DEF for every 5 cards in discard pile. What happens if the discard pile increases/decreases after Mouthball is put in play? Does his DEF change during subsequent turns?

2) Sand Eyebat - Gains 1 DEF when another Creature enters play under my control. Does he continue gaining additional DEF in future turns as creatures are killed and others put into play?

3) Creatures with 0 ATK e.g. Wandering Bald Man - Do they have to fight? They will do no damage and end up taking damage. Can they just opt not to fight?

Thanks

Godzmila
02-24-2015, 10:34 AM
ok, i have yet another question mr Hyra,
if my opponent used a traveling wizard and stole my creature, and then used on the same line a blue slime, does the traveling wizard goes back to his hand or stays on mine?
also, if i have my opponent's traveling wizard on my side and i use psychic tempest, does it returns to his owner or it goes to my hand?
(sorry if i made any mistake, english is not my mother language :v)

Matt_Hyra
02-24-2015, 11:02 AM
ok, i have yet another question mr Hyra,
if my opponent used a traveling wizard and stole my creature, and then used on the same line a blue slime, does the traveling wizard goes back to his hand or stays on mine?
also, if i have my opponent's traveling wizard on my side and i use psychic tempest, does it returns to his owner or it goes to my hand?
(sorry if i made any mistake, english is not my mother language :v)

A Creature that goes back to hand ALWAYS goes back to the owner's hand. The owner is the deck that the card came from.

Godzmila
02-24-2015, 06:34 PM
mr hyra:
if my opponent has a quadurai and a field stalker, and by the end of my turn i have only 3 cards on my hand, which effect happens first ? or they occur at the same time and i should take the damage done by quadurai?
thanks and sorry for all the questions

Matt_Hyra
02-25-2015, 01:13 AM
mr hyra:
if my opponent has a quadurai and a field stalker, and by the end of my turn i have only 3 cards on my hand, which effect happens first ? or they occur at the same time and i should take the damage done by quadurai?
thanks and sorry for all the questions

The active player can choose the order. They resolve one at a time.

Bridger
03-04-2015, 08:58 PM
Hello,

A question...

1) Do ATK buffs only count during your own battle phase and not during your opponent's? (i.e. An X-Large Sprit Soldier next to a Psionic Architect would increase it's ATK power to 3 - is it at 3 while defending as well as attacking or would its ATK power drop back to 2 while defending?) If so, would this also apply to buildings like the Blood Fortress?

Thanks!

Matt_Hyra
03-05-2015, 03:58 PM
Hello,

A question...

1) Do ATK buffs only count during your own battle phase and not during your opponent's? (i.e. An X-Large Sprit Soldier next to a Psionic Architect would increase it's ATK power to 3 - is it at 3 while defending as well as attacking or would its ATK power drop back to 2 while defending?) If so, would this also apply to buildings like the Blood Fortress?

Thanks!

If it doesn't specifically say "this turn" or "during your turn" then it works during each player's turn.
So X-L works during both turns.

mawir
03-31-2015, 11:57 AM
What can and can't you do to a flooped creature?
The rules say a flooped creature cannot attack or be replaced by another creature.

But can a flooped creature be:
returned to your hand (e.g. using Sand Sphinx),
moved to another lane (e.g. using Dragon Claw or the Teleport spell),
buffed by a spell (e.g. casting Blue Candy or Woad Talisman on the creature)?
destroyed as a cost to activate an ability (e.g. using Dr. Death)

Matt_Hyra
03-31-2015, 12:27 PM
What can and can't you do to a flooped creature?
The rules say a flooped creature cannot attack or be replaced by another creature.

But can a flooped creature be:
returned to your hand (e.g. using Sand Sphinx),
moved to another lane (e.g. using Dragon Claw or the Teleport spell),
buffed by a spell (e.g. casting Blue Candy or Woad Talisman on the creature)?
destroyed as a cost to activate an ability (e.g. using Dr. Death)

Yes to all of those things.

Jake_the_Dog
04-16-2015, 06:56 PM
I know a rather vague question has already been asked about this but I want to ask it in a different way to have a clearer answer.
Question: Can I replace a Building even though not all of my lanes are containing buildings already?

Matt_Hyra
04-16-2015, 11:13 PM
I know a rather vague question has already been asked about this but I want to ask it in a different way to have a clearer answer.
Question: Can I replace a Building even though not all of my lanes are containing buildings already?

Yes

Floop
04-21-2015, 11:56 AM
Hey Matt, back with another question. When replacing a creature, do both creatures leave and enter simultaneously?

As an example, Green Snakey reads "When Green Snakey leaves play, deal 1 Damage to target Creature in this Lane". Let's say you replaced Green Snakey with Albino Eyebat, which reads "While Albino Eyebat has exactly 2 Damage on it, it has +2 ATK".

Would Green Snakey be able to target Albino Eyebat? For the sake of context; to finish the combo, I would use Princess Bubblegum's ability to add the 2nd damage to Albino Eyebat.

Matt_Hyra
04-21-2015, 01:19 PM
No.
You can't target the incoming Albino Eyebat.
The replaced Creature is removed first.

Floop
04-23-2015, 07:20 PM
Here's another question, Mr. Hyra.

Zazo's Magic Seeds reads: Target SandyLands Creature has +2 ATK this turn for each Creature that entered play into an adjacent Lane this turn.

If I cast Zazo's Magic Seeds on a SandyLands Creature, followed by playing a Creature on both sides of it, and lastly casting Teleport to move the +4 ATK Creature to an empty Lane, does it retain the bonus?

Matt_Hyra
04-23-2015, 09:10 PM
Here's another question, Mr. Hyra.

Zazo's Magic Seeds reads: Target SandyLands Creature has +2 ATK this turn for each Creature that entered play into an adjacent Lane this turn.

If I cast Zazo's Magic Seeds on a SandyLands Creature, followed by playing a Creature on both sides of it, and lastly casting Teleport to move the +4 ATK Creature to an empty Lane, does it retain the bonus?

Yes, it does.

Floop
04-29-2015, 12:25 PM
Someone asked a good question over at the card wars wiki.

"My opponent used Silo of Truth (pay 2 actions in order to steal a card from my hand to play it at no cost) and stole Hot Eyebat. Does Hot Eyebat's effect (Play Hot Eyebat only if you have 10 or more cards in your discard pile) still apply, or can he play it right away?"

Matt_Hyra
04-29-2015, 12:39 PM
Someone asked a good question over at the card wars wiki.

"My opponent used Silo of Truth (pay 2 actions in order to steal a card from my hand to play it at no cost) and stole Hot Eyebat. Does Hot Eyebat's effect (Play Hot Eyebat only if you have 10 or more cards in your discard pile) still apply, or can he play it right away?"

That text is a play restriction, not a cost, so it still applies.
Can't play it unless you have 10 or more cards in your discard pile.

paolivo
04-30-2015, 04:45 AM
Hi!
sorry for the question perhaps already made, if the attacking player has fewer cards defender (eg. 2 vs. 4) during the counter suffers direct damage from the defender?
Thanks for the great work !!!!

Matt_Hyra
04-30-2015, 09:15 AM
Hi!
sorry for the question perhaps already made, if the attacking player has fewer cards defender (eg. 2 vs. 4) during the counter suffers direct damage from the defender?
Thanks for the great work !!!!

No. Defenders only deal damage to Attacking Creatures. Unchallenged Defenders don't do anything.

paolivo
05-07-2015, 12:59 AM
Hi ... I have a doubt, when a card is attacked and ending points of defense can fight back or is automatically deleted? Thanks of the precious help !!!!!!

Matt_Hyra
05-07-2015, 01:52 PM
Hi ... I have a doubt, when a card is attacked and ending points of defense can fight back or is automatically deleted? Thanks of the precious help !!!!!!

Attackers and Defenders deal damage to each other simultaneously.

Floop
05-12-2015, 01:11 PM
Hey Matt, I'm back with another question.

When applying defense bonuses and counting damage, how do these various scenarios play out?

1) Log Knight (2/2) has +3 DEF from Clestial Castle, but also has 2 damage. I Teleport Log Knight to an empty lane with no building.

2) Sand Eyebat (1/10) has a permanent +1 DEF from another creature entering play. Sand Eyebat is dealt 3 damage. I play Blue Candy to heal 3 damage from Sand Eyebat.

3) Ms. Fluff (2/10) has 7 damage, thus gaining +7 ATK. A Fairy Shepherd enters in an adjacent lane, granting Ms. Fluff +2 DEF.

Matt_Hyra
05-13-2015, 10:49 AM
1> The +3 Defense "falls off" so it dies.

2> All damage is removed and it still has 11 DEF.

3> It still has 7 damage, and keeps the +7 ATK.

Floop
05-13-2015, 12:37 PM
Thanks, that clears things up.

Jake_the_Dog
06-08-2015, 04:34 PM
Question about Shadowy Pyramid. If I control a creature in its lane, do I draw and then discard, or do I only discard?

Matt_Hyra
06-08-2015, 10:31 PM
You draw and discard.

Godzmila
08-05-2015, 06:27 PM
mr Hyra, if i have a sun king card on my side and all of my conrfields are fliped face-down, can i still use a husker worm?

Matt_Hyra
08-06-2015, 09:39 AM
mr Hyra, if i have a sun king card on my side and all of my conrfields are fliped face-down, can i still use a husker worm?

Yes. That is an effect, not a cost.

Dentim
08-06-2015, 02:02 PM
When you're playing with a Useless Swamp deck, if you have multiple cards on the field that require you to discard a card for a special effect (like Infinite Figure's deal 1 damage) or a power Boost (like Herculeye's + 4 attack). Do you need to discard a card for each and every one, or you can you discard 1 card to activate all of their effects at once?

Matt_Hyra
08-07-2015, 07:52 AM
Each card requires its own discard for every effect. The discards are costs. They don't do double duty.

atcwfan
08-16-2015, 05:06 AM
Hi Mr. Hyra. If my opponent controls a Creature I own and I play Ska-pion in a lane where I control Temple of the Sun, can I use Temple of the Sun's effect on Ska-pion?

Matt_Hyra
08-17-2015, 12:16 PM
Hi Mr. Hyra. If my opponent controls a Creature I own and I play Ska-pion in a lane where I control Temple of the Sun, can I use Temple of the Sun's effect on Ska-pion?

Cards with reduced costs enter play with those reduced costs. So no.

Floop
08-20-2015, 06:34 PM
Icy Infiltrator is a 0 Cost "Spell" with 1 ATK and 5 DEF and an "enters play" effect. Is this the 1st Spell to turn into a Creature, or just a printing error?

Matt_Hyra
08-21-2015, 11:16 AM
Icy Infiltrator is a 0 Cost "Spell" with 1 ATK and 5 DEF and an "enters play" effect. Is this the 1st Spell to turn into a Creature, or just a printing error?

Printing error. It is officially a Creature and not a Spell.

Floop
08-27-2015, 03:35 PM
For Carmel Camel, when it leaves play and all of the cards below are "discarded", do they trigger cards like Man-Witch?
Man-Witch reads: Whenever a foe discards a card, deal 1 Damage to that foe.

So if my opponent had a Carmel Camel, would it cause them do take damage in this scenario?

Matt_Hyra
08-27-2015, 04:14 PM
For Carmel Camel, when it leaves play and all of the cards below are "discarded", do they trigger cards like Man-Witch?
Man-Witch reads: Whenever a foe discards a card, deal 1 Damage to that foe.

So if my opponent had a Carmel Camel, would it cause them do take damage in this scenario?

No, those cards do not trigger any effects at all.

Jake_the_Dog
09-01-2015, 07:12 AM
Hey there! New question for you. When I play Mantle Masher, it flips a Landscape face-down when entering play. Now if I have Mantle Masher in a Lane with Schoolhouse, switch Mantle Masher's effect to something else and make Mantle Masher leave play while it's original effect isn't on, does the Landscape stay face-down forever?

Matt_Hyra
09-01-2015, 08:42 AM
Hey there! New question for you. When I play Mantle Masher, it flips a Landscape face-down when entering play. Now if I have Mantle Masher in a Lane with Schoolhouse, switch Mantle Masher's effect to something else and make Mantle Masher leave play while it's original effect isn't on, does the Landscape stay face-down forever?

Yes, it would remain face down forever.

atcwfan
09-04-2015, 08:22 PM
Hi Matt, for Tapped Out, does the target creature keep the ATK boost as long as it is in play?

Also, at the start of my turn, if I control one empty landscape and control three Drained Clerics, can I move the Drained Clerics one at a time to avoid incurring any discard penalty? Thanks!

Jake_the_Dog
09-05-2015, 05:04 PM
Silo of Freedom: Discard a card >>> Your Landscape in this Lane loses its type and becomes the type of your choice (except face down) until the start of your next turn.

Can I select a face down landscape and make it behave like a face up landscape of my choice (while not being able to select a face up landscape and make it act face down)

or

I can't select a face down landscape for the effect and can't make a face up landscape act face down either?

Matt_Hyra
09-05-2015, 11:52 PM
Hi Matt, for Tapped Out, does the target creature keep the ATK boost as long as it is in play?

Also, at the start of my turn, if I control one empty landscape and control three Drained Clerics, can I move the Drained Clerics one at a time to avoid incurring any discard penalty? Thanks!

Tapped Out is just for that turn.
Yes, you resolve each Cleric separately, so that works.

Matt_Hyra
09-05-2015, 11:53 PM
Silo of Freedom: Discard a card >>> Your Landscape in this Lane loses its type and becomes the type of your choice (except face down) until the start of your next turn.

Can I select a face down landscape and make it behave like a face up landscape of my choice (while not being able to select a face up landscape and make it act face down)

or

I can't select a face down landscape for the effect and can't make a face up landscape act face down either?

You can select a face-down Landscape and turn it into something else.

Jake_the_Dog
09-06-2015, 11:01 AM
You can select a face-down Landscape and turn it into something else.

Ooooh now I get it! :P

Edit: I have another question regarding this. If while being treated as another landscape, the landscape flips face down by an effect, when it comes back to the original one at the start of my next turn, does it flip back up or does it remain face down?

Matt_Hyra
09-07-2015, 11:32 AM
Ooooh now I get it! :P

Edit: I have another question regarding this. If while being treated as another landscape, the landscape flips face down by an effect, when it comes back to the original one at the start of my next turn, does it flip back up or does it remain face down?

It flips back up to the original.

Floop
10-13-2015, 10:25 AM
Ice-olation Cell reads "Creatures on Landscapes with a Frozen token on it in this Lane cannot Attack or use abilities."

Does this affect all types of abilities (such as triggered abilities, etc) or only activated ones (like "Cost >>> Effect").

Matt_Hyra
10-13-2015, 11:18 AM
Triggered abilities are not "used;" they just happen. So they still work.
It only prevents payment/Floop abilities.

Floop
11-11-2015, 04:38 AM
When using Cross Pollination, does it count the amount of Landscapes at the time of playing the card or will the bonus ATK fluctuate during the turn if Landscapes are changed after?

Example: I have 4 different Landscapes (Useless Swamp, Blue Plains, Cornfield and SandyLands). I play Cross Pollination, followed by Musical Chair to switch my Blue Plains and SandyLands into Useless Swamps. How much +ATK are my Cornfield Creatures left with?

Matt_Hyra
11-11-2015, 06:27 PM
The bonus locks in when you play it.

ImNotSleepy
11-22-2015, 05:50 PM
Hi, just picked up ice king vs marceline and have a few simple questions.

Ice kings effect. Let's say I have a creature that goes undefended for two turns in a row, will the creature get the plus 1 every time it's undefended or just the first time that creature goes undefended?

Discarding for frozen tokens. Do cards like unicyclops trigger an unfreezing?

Matt_Hyra
11-22-2015, 09:15 PM
Each time it is undefended.

No, the discard is a cost, and each costs you pay pays for one effect only.

ImNotSleepy
11-23-2015, 12:37 PM
Each time it is undefended.

No, the discard is a cost, and each costs you pay pays for one effect only.

What I figured. Thanks!

reid5425
12-03-2015, 08:47 PM
I ran into this last night and was wondering what to do. My opponent had a Pentacutie on the field, and I used Abracadaniel's ability to reveal a Full Metal Racket. Since the hero ability makes me play it, but Pentacutie says I can't, what do I do with the card? Does it have no effect and is discarded, or is it placed back onto my deck or goes in my hand? For that game, I just put it back on top, but I would like to know what to do in the future. Thanks

Matt_Hyra
12-04-2015, 11:39 AM
Can't overrides Can. Stays on top if you can't play it.

reid5425
12-12-2015, 07:59 PM
Does a Palace of Bone prevent Sandwitch from dealing damage when another creature other than itself enters play? I wasn't sure if it only works on cards that specifically says when X enters/leaves play, or if it is broader.

Edit: I just found the search option, and the answer.

jake_the_human
12-21-2015, 10:51 PM
Hello! Big fan!

3 Questions:

Teleport:

Can this include a creature from your hand that has not yet been played. "Teleport" does not say it has to be a control you control...so I believe it can be from your hand?

Tapped Out
I know there are some questions already about this new card, but I still don't understand it. It says "target creature you control has +2 ATK for each exhausted creature you control (at the time you play this)."

How would this work? The only ways to exhaust a card are to:
1. attack. but if you attacked and then the card became exhausted, there would be no way to play the "Tapped out" card.
2. floop. this would also exhaust the card...but then you cannot attack with it. I know there are some cards that will ready a card...but it seems unlikely that you would floop a card, play tapped out, then ready it.

The back of the rule book, under "specific card clarification," says
Tapped out: Flooped creatures and ones that did not ready at the start of your turn are exhausted.

However, in the very beginning of the "turn sequence," you must ready all of your cards. So how would there be any that are exhausted at the start of your turn?

Landscapes

Lets say you play a creature with a cost of 2 and an icylands symbol on it. That means you must have at least two icylands landscapes in order to play this card. If one of those landscapes is turned over (and you only have one icylands landscape left) you cannot play the card. However, what happens if you already have said card out in play and THEN a landscape is flipped over (and you only have one icylands landscape left)? Does that card get discarded since there are not enough landscapes of that type for it to be played? Or does it stay in the fight until it leaves play?

Thanks for the help!
We absolutely love the new Gunter vs. Lemongrab!

Matt_Hyra
12-26-2015, 11:00 AM
Teleport is only in play. If it was otherwise, it would be very specific about it.

There are some Creatures that don't automatically ready, and some that enter play exhausted. Those and Flooped Creatures are what you are looking for.

The Creature is sticks around even if you lose the proper Landscapes.

PS: Glad you like the new decks!

Floop
02-22-2016, 12:05 AM
Steakchop is special, because he allows you to draw first.
All other "At start of the turn" mean before your free draw.
Steakchop is not setting any kind of precedent.

Is this still true, a year later? On the Boardgamegeeks forum there appears to be a contradicting statement.

"Start of turn effects take place after drawing."

Source: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1408190/when-exactly-start-turn

So which is it officially? Start of turn effects happen ___ your Free Draw.

Matt_Hyra
02-22-2016, 01:57 AM
Ideally it would be the other way, but everyone always draws first out of habit, so we just made the game work like that.

Floop
02-22-2016, 01:54 PM
Ideally it would be the other way, but everyone always draws first out of habit, so we just made the game work like that.

Kind of makes Eye Guy's ability seem a lot less useful. But thanks for the update.

Floop
02-29-2016, 05:14 PM
I know the rule where "discard" only refers to "from the hand". But what about cards like Ogre Gas, which reads "Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Put one of them on the bottom of your deck and discard the rest"?

If I used Ogre Gas, would Man-Witch deal 2 damage to me? (I assume the answer is no.)

Matt_Hyra
02-29-2016, 06:30 PM
No.
Real discards are only from hand. Ogre Gas is just a procedural discard, and will not trigger anything.
Man-Witch only sees discards from hand.

Floop
02-29-2016, 06:33 PM
That's what I figured, thanks.

Floop
03-03-2016, 05:38 PM
The Wiki has yet another question, Matt.

Spirit Tower reads "Pay 1 Action and FLOOP >>> If you control no Creatures in this Lane, move target Creature in this Lane to your side and ready it. At end of turn, return it to its owner's side."

Here's a number of possible scenarios. What happens at the end of each of these turns?

1. I use Spirit Tower, then cast Teleport and move the Creature to another one of my empty lanes.

2. I use Spirit Tower, then play a Parrotrooper and move it to the Landscape I just stole from.

3. I use Spirit Tower, then play Reclaim Landscape to move my Spirit Tower to an empty Lane.

4. I use Spirit Tower, then destroy it with Volcano.

Matt_Hyra
03-03-2016, 09:56 PM
The stolen Creature goes back to the original Landscape under all cases.
If there is another Creature there, the returning Creature goes to an adjacent Landscape (that's why it says the "owner's side" instead of mentioning the specific Landscape).
If there are no empty spaces, the returning Creature dies.

Note that the effect is all one sentence, so it doesn't matter if the Tower is still in play at end of turn.

Floop
03-05-2016, 01:51 AM
Sorry Matt, another question popped up on the wiki. This time, about Prismo! I figured I'd post it here, since the wording leaves just a little ambiguity.

"Multiple questions to see when and when not prismo's ability applies.

1. All 4 different landscapes but one is flipped?

2. All different but 2 are flipped?

3. One corn, one ice and two swam but one swamp is flipped

4. All different (one being corn) and controlling a sun king.

I know that depending on the answer to question 1 the others might be more obvious. Just thought I'd get it all out there at once."

Matt_Hyra
03-05-2016, 01:20 PM
Sorry Matt, another question popped up on the wiki. This time, about Prismo! I figured I'd post it here, since the wording leaves just a little ambiguity.

"Multiple questions to see when and when not prismo's ability applies.

1. All 4 different landscapes but one is flipped?

2. All different but 2 are flipped?

3. One corn, one ice and two swam but one swamp is flipped

4. All different (one being corn) and controlling a sun king.

I know that depending on the answer to question 1 the others might be more obvious. Just thought I'd get it all out there at once."

1. +1 DEF
2. +1 DEF
3. +1 DEF
4. No bonus

Floop
03-05-2016, 02:33 PM
That's what I figured. Thank you, sir!

Jake_the_Dog
03-29-2016, 09:11 PM
I got a question regarding the new cards!

Burly Lumberjack allows to play additional buildings on his landscape. If there are 2 buildings and Burly Lumberjack changes lane or leaves play, what happens to the buildings?

StormKing
03-29-2016, 10:12 PM
I got a question regarding the new cards!

Burly Lumberjack allows to play additional buildings on his landscape. If there are 2 buildings and Burly Lumberjack changes lane or leaves play, what happens to the buildings?

They stay.

Floop
03-30-2016, 01:21 PM
I have a somewhat related question, in regards to Burly Lumberjack.

Suppose I have each Lane filled with a Building, and one of those Lanes has multiple Buildings thanks to Burly Lumberjack. What happens if I use Tax Reduction?

Can I spread out my Buildings? Is it possible to move a Building to a Lane that's already occupied (specifically with Tax Reduction)? And if so, has this always been the case?

Tax Reduction reads "You may move each of your Buildings to different Lanes you control. You may move each of your opponent's Buildings to different Lanes he controls." Note that it does not mention 'empty Lanes/Landscapes', as other cards do (such as Reclaim Landscape.)

Matt_Hyra
03-30-2016, 02:40 PM
Because Tax Reduction is moving multiple, you can pick them all up and place them where you please, but not more than one per Landscape.
This has always been the case, though most things are not mass movement like this, so it never came up before.

Floop
03-30-2016, 03:01 PM
So the 2 new spells Harvest Moon and Deforestation don't require open Lanes either then, right?

StormKing
03-30-2016, 05:29 PM
So the 2 new spells Harvest Moon and Deforestation don't require open Lanes either then, right?

They do, as putting them into play follows normal rules for buildings. Burly Lumberjack simply removes the rule for his lane while he's there. Anything that wound up in his lane (while he was there) stays there whether he's there or not. If you do not have a Burly Lumberjack in a lane, you cannot add an extra building to that lane as it still follows the normal play rules.

Floop
03-30-2016, 06:19 PM
To follow up, does this mean that Harvest Moon and Deforestation can replace an existing Building then (it doesn't specify the Lane has to be empty, unlike Log Kinght)?

Also, if you already have multiple Buildings in a Lane, but no longer have Burly Lumberjack in play, can you still replace a single Building in that Lane?

Sorry for all of the followup questions. XD

EDIT: Just to be absolutely positively clear with Tax Reduction, If I have 1 Building on each Landscape, I can move each of them to the same Landscape (for a total of 4 in 1 Lane), correct? Otherwise, using Tax Reduction while having more than 4 Buildings in play (via Burly Lumberjack) would be very problematic.

Matt_Hyra
03-31-2016, 11:31 AM
Harvest Moon and Deforestation cannot replace a Building.
The default is cannot replace. Prefer that than having to add "empty" on every card.

If you replace a Building where there are two and no Burly Lumberjack, you lose both of the Buildings that were there.

Tax Reduction: No, you cannot move them to the same Landscape, even if Burly Lumberjack is present. Burly allows you to play additional Buildings. TaxRed does not give you the ability to double them up. I edited my above answer to make that more clear. If you have more than 4 Buildings in play and use TaxRed, you will lose any you have over 4.

Atomic
04-09-2016, 04:37 AM
Zazo's Magical Seeds - do creatures that entered play before the affected creature enters play count toward the boost? (I play 0 cost creature, I play another zero cost creature, then I play Lost Golem, I play Zazo's Magical Seeds on Lost Golem)

I'm assuming they do count per the card wording ("this turn") but just wanted to make sure.

Also,
If I have two creatures in play with the ability "discard a card, then x happens" does discarding one card from my hand activate both card effects or do I have to discard for each individually?