PDA

View Full Version : Quick Show of Hands...DragonCon

mainstager
03-09-2014, 06:21 PM
Unless someone else is already on this, and please point me to it if there is, who thinks they might be heading to DragonCon this year? Its a yearly thing for me, so I want to plan a Hex Meetup for us. There's a Mellow Mushroom down the street from the Con. We can chill, grab a slice and a few beers. It'll be good times!

If you're on the fence about DCon, it's so much fun, you have to check it out. The Hex panels were like icing on the cake of an already awesome weekend. I know quite a few people can attest to that. I met Gwaer and a few others just from saying hello.

Oh, and the cosplay. I think I'm the only one here into that, but I was a damn good King of the Cosmos, if I do say so myself.

Cheers!

Edit: Sometimes you get to meet some pretty rad people too!

Gwaer
03-09-2014, 08:36 PM
I'll be there, I think Colin said he planned to be there again... Not sure who else Hex-wise, but I know we have several atlanta residents on this forum.

Aradon
03-09-2014, 08:40 PM
I'm near Atlanta. Plans for attendance are very uncertain atm, but it's likely I won't be able to meet up if I do get to go.

Would like to check out any Hex panels though, for sure.

Gwaer
03-09-2014, 10:10 PM
I don't expect Hex panels this year. They'll likely be at pax instead.

mainstager
03-09-2014, 10:21 PM
Who knows, maybe they'll want to do a beta pre-launch thing? I'm not expecting anything, but it would be pretty neat.

My group drives 8 hours from Orlando every year. Believe me, it's worth the trip if you've never been. Although I'd suggest booking your room in downtown Atlanta like, ASAP (yesterday).

We had a lot of backers there last year. It'd be fun to do a thing, even if we just get a table at the Metro or something one night.

hex_colin
03-10-2014, 12:17 AM
I'll be there, I think Colin said he planned to be there again... Not sure who else Hex-wise, but I know we have several atlanta residents on this forum.

I need to Mimic myself to make it to both DragonCon and PAX! Actually, what I really need is Replicator's Gambit... So much to do, so little time...

If I get a PAX badge I might end up spending a couple of days at each. Otherwise, I'll be in town for all of DragonCon. Decisions, decisions...

elfstone
03-10-2014, 04:13 AM
Im a PAX goer myself actually, 4 years running now :)

Hope to see any HEXers there!

Gwaer
03-10-2014, 06:17 AM
I'd probably do pax over DC if I got a pax badge this year. I prefer DC, but I go every year... And hex will be at pax. =P

RobHaven
03-10-2014, 06:35 AM
If DragonCon were about 4 hours closer to NJ (like, say, Charolette NC?) then I'd be willing to drive the 8 hours to meet a bunch of you for dinner and/or drinks. 12 hours is just a little too far out of my driving radius. (The farther I get from Marlton, NJ, the weaker I become.)

knightofeffect
03-10-2014, 07:43 AM
Was at it last year and enjoyed both panels a good bit. Already booked at the Mariott for this year :).

mainstager
03-10-2014, 07:56 PM
Was at it last year and enjoyed both panels a good bit. Already booked at the Mariott for this year :).

/highfive

ErwinVonRommel
08-25-2014, 01:10 PM
3 more days. shameless necro / sad hope that Crypto might show.

knightofeffect
08-25-2014, 07:56 PM
I'll be there like I am every year! Looking forward to it!

...Come on Cory, Ben and the crew, you know you have fun last year, just cause... well, its f'ing DragonCon!

DocX
08-26-2014, 05:18 AM
I live in Atlanta and have volunteered at Dragon Con for the past several years, so I'm definitely in again this year. I would definitely like to know if there's a meetup that materializes for Hex folks.