PDA

View Full Version : The Next Patch

RobHaven
03-11-2014, 10:21 AM
If the ingredients of the next patch has already been spoiled somewhere, someone please point me in that direction.
Otherwise, let's play the speculation game.

Call me crazy, but I'm thinking we're going to see a full list of cards in this patch. I also think it's possible we'll see some economic development (store, AH, monies, collections - some combination of these).

YourOpponent
03-11-2014, 10:26 AM
Booster Draft...because they know that is something a lot of us have been anticipating and I could see how easily that could be buggy if they don't put as much time and muscle as they have been on the next patch (assuming it's taking a little more time because of more muscle to squash bugs.)

Tinuvas
03-11-2014, 10:37 AM
They've been a little quiet about this patch so far based on what I've heard...My gut says booster draft too, which would mess up any productivity on my part for a goodly amount of time, buggy or not. But then again, I've hoped for booster draft in quite a few of the last patches. If it's not quite here yet, ah well.

Tinuvas
03-11-2014, 10:38 AM
I can see the possibility of AH maybe, but monies and collections I think won't be implemented until just prior to closed beta IIRC. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something though.

Axle
03-11-2014, 10:41 AM
Matches in the proving ground + draft :D

Khendral
03-11-2014, 10:47 AM
I'd say somewhere around 12 cards (give or take) and pack opening/pack upgrading. And some bug fixes, of course.

mudkip
03-11-2014, 10:49 AM
4-6 More cards
Bug fixes
New bugs

I would say Draft is a bit soon - maybe in the next two weeks? I would expect some of the assets to be loaded in this patch, but the mode probably wont be enabled yet.

Khendral
03-11-2014, 10:50 AM
Yeah, I would expect draft to come the week before easter holidays.

ossuary
03-11-2014, 11:30 AM
I just wish they would fix the client memory leak. I'm convinced it has something to do with not unloading images from memory properly, or reloading them from scratch every time instead of caching them.

Damascus
03-11-2014, 11:34 AM
it'd be cool if they removed all the completed tourneys from the list of tourneys so that it would be easier to find the single open one that is joinable (or at least put it on top)

Xenavire
03-11-2014, 11:42 AM
I expect draft to be in by the end of the month. I hope for it to be this week, and it isn't unreasonable to think it might be coming due to the skipped week.

Now I have other possibilities. More cards are a given, and guilds and economy features should be on the way, but booster pack opening should be pretty high on the list too.

Hatts
03-11-2014, 12:16 PM
My guess is 6-10 new cards, some existing bugs fixed, some new bugs introduced.

Gwaer
03-11-2014, 12:39 PM
I don't expect draft this week. I expect most cards to be in. Probably 5ish left to get into the game. We'll see, but I'm not expecting a huge patch. I just think some of the problems remaining were a bit tougher to nail down.

Jinxies
03-11-2014, 03:35 PM
I would expect more build up before the Draft patch, it's probably nothing near as major.

Thrawn
03-11-2014, 04:47 PM
Patch this week will be -

Draft tournaments.
All set 1 cards finished.
Set 2 cards added.
First PvE dungeon available.
AH added.

Xenavire
03-11-2014, 05:20 PM
I don't expect draft this week. I expect most cards to be in. Probably 5ish left to get into the game. We'll see, but I'm not expecting a huge patch. I just think some of the problems remaining were a bit tougher to nail down.

Actually, if the 'spoiled' list in the deckbuilder app on android is still correct (no cards delayed or removed) then we have about 30 cards to go. Which has me pretty excited.

Werlix
03-11-2014, 06:48 PM
I think at this point simply adding cards should be getting faster for them so I'm almost sure this patch has some significant other feature(s) coming. I'm hoping for draft and/or best of 3 matches in proving grounds.

Axle
03-11-2014, 07:07 PM
You can confirm the same remaining cards as the android in the data files.

I guess the" 90% confirmed" set 1 cards would be the ones under the Set 1 SFX folder that have a sound file and aren't in the game yet.

bojanglesz
03-11-2014, 07:10 PM
I'm expecting jack shit until I see the patch notes.

Xenavire
03-11-2014, 07:15 PM
You can confirm the same remaining cards as the android in the data files.

I guess the" 90% confirmed" set 1 cards would be the ones under the Set 1 SFX folder that have a sound file and aren't in the game yet.

Sounds effects only apply to 'troops', artifacts, and resources, so sadly this is could be incomplete. Just went to check. Troops has the actions oddly enough, and constants, but I can't tell if it is complete.

Interestingly, of several artifacts currently not implemented, I saw very few with sound effects, so those might still be coming. In particular I note the absence of generals tent, which I would have liked to see live, so hoping that the list is incomplete.

Shaqattaq
03-11-2014, 07:38 PM
I will make the bold prediction that this patch will rate a full 5 of 5 meowmeowbeenz.

Gwaer
03-11-2014, 07:44 PM
I'm less confident in my predictions suddenly.

Xenavire
03-11-2014, 08:25 PM
Welp, I feel more confident (confident enough to use the 'word' welp without any hint of irony) and I am looking forward to a great (and buggy :)) patch.

Anything we should be on the lookout for, Shaq? Assuming you don't fix it before it goes live at least. Please say you have accidentally let a box of kittens loose in the client, that would be great fun.

ossuary
03-11-2014, 08:41 PM
I will make the bold prediction that this patch will rate a full 5 of 5 meowmeowbeenz.

Just make sure you don't accidentally rate Shirley a 4. That would be very detrimental to your standing.

ronwac
03-11-2014, 08:47 PM

Squire Backers be all like "Hey look! An Apple!"

BossHoss
03-11-2014, 08:53 PM
I want this patch right meow

Gwaer
03-11-2014, 09:14 PM
Meow you listen here, we'll have none of that.

Aradon
03-11-2014, 09:25 PM
I can hardly wait for this next patch! Help meowt!

mudkip
03-11-2014, 09:42 PM
I'll maintain my pessimism until the patch notes :)

Shaqattaq
03-11-2014, 10:04 PM
I'll maintain my pessimism until the patch notes :)

Voted 2 meowmeowbeenz!

Kroan
03-12-2014, 12:38 AM
Draft confirmed! Now I'm disappointed if it's not in. I'm super serial.

Cernz
03-12-2014, 12:53 AM
lets hope it wont get this way:

ossuary
03-12-2014, 04:20 AM
Voted 2 meowmeowbeenz!

I'm reasonably sure several people in this thread don't get this. For shame!

The council of fives shall hear of this.

Xenavire
03-12-2014, 05:53 AM
I'm reasonably sure several people in this thread don't get this. For shame!

The council of fives shall hear of this.

Guilty. But I don't watch many movies, I don't spend time learning internet memes, and I haven't had time to enjoy a good book in years.

If it isn't one of those, I am still probably out of the loop. :p

Beck
03-12-2014, 06:04 AM

Here's hoping that meowmeowbeenz are a key crafting material.

mudkip
03-12-2014, 06:06 AM
Guilty. But I don't watch many movies, I don't spend time learning internet memes, and I haven't had time to enjoy a good book in years.

If it isn't one of those, I am still probably out of the loop. :p
It's from Community.

ossuary
03-12-2014, 06:09 AM
Ones don't get a rhyme, because they're GARBAGE.

Xenavire
03-12-2014, 06:36 AM
It's from Community.

Wait, newest season? Because where I live we are behind, and in all the episodes I have seen there has been none of this.

mudkip
03-12-2014, 06:38 AM
Wait, newest season? Because where I live we are behind, and in all the episodes I have seen there has been none of this.

No idea, I had to Google the reference :)

Xenavire
03-12-2014, 06:41 AM
No idea, I had to Google the reference :)

Well it isn't ringing bells for me, and while spoilers aren't a big thing for comedies, me and my friends tend to watch community together.

I swear I can't have missed it though, every ep gets replayed tons of times and we get weekend marathons of it sometimes.

Kroan
03-12-2014, 06:44 AM
It was on the most recent episode according to google. Community... meh

ossuary
03-12-2014, 06:49 AM
Community is like a love letter to nerds. Except for Season 4... that was an abomination best forgotten.

Xenavire
03-12-2014, 06:56 AM
It was on the most recent episode according to google. Community... meh

All I need to know, thanks!

It does bum me out though, all the great comedy series come really late where I live. We got the last season (not the newest) of Psych around October last year, and we haven't even heard when we will get to see the current, final season. (Heartbroken btw, Psych could have easily gone on for years.)

Same deal with community. I don't get why we get things like Family guy mere weeks later, and Walking dead two days later, and we can't get anything like Psych or community (even when people beg to get it earlier.)

Even our Netflix doesn't have any Psych or Community (even walking dead for that matter.) Bums me out when I want to avoid watching it online illegally.

... I should stop derailing the thread now. Yay patch!

ossuary
03-12-2014, 07:12 AM
Apparently piracy (and learning English) is rampant in Iceland for this exact reason... they can't get anything localized, and they can't get anything in a reasonable timeframe, so everyone just learns English and steals everything. ;)

RobHaven
03-12-2014, 07:14 AM
Even our Netflix doesn't have any Psych or Community (even walking dead for that matter.) Bums me out when I want to avoid watching it online illegally.
Amazon Prime has Psych for free. Community is pay-to-watch.

Xenavire
03-12-2014, 07:16 AM
Amazon Prime has Psych for free. Community is pay-to-watch.

We only have Netflix, and it is only months old. Wish we had more options, I would even sign up for a year of the new WWE network if they would let me.

Ju66ernaut
03-12-2014, 07:32 AM
Hulu has new episodes of Community for free.

mudkip
03-12-2014, 07:48 AM
Apparently piracy (and learning English) is rampant in Iceland for this exact reason... they can't get anything localized, and they can't get anything in a reasonable timeframe, so everyone just learns English and steals everything. ;)

As an aussie, all I know how to do is torrent because of availability.

I'm in America now, and everyone bangs on about Netflix, but torrenting is just so easy that I haven't bothered to learn anything else.

Xenavire
03-12-2014, 07:55 AM
As an aussie, all I know how to do is torrent because of availability.

I'm in America now, and everyone bangs on about Netflix, but torrenting is just so easy that I haven't bothered to learn anything else.

To be honest, I used an IP mask to check the US netflix with my legit foriegn account. Selection is large but far from comprehensive. Torrenting is a better bet for getting what you want, but I just hate the dishonesty. I literally only 'steal' things online because of availability, and I wish I wasn't forced to. I would happily pay for it instead.

So you aren't missing out if you don't mind torrents.

Ju66ernaut
03-12-2014, 07:56 AM
Be careful torrenting, I personally know quite a few people who have been slapped with copywrite lawsuits in the last few years. It's better to just pay your dues up front than to risk a paying a massive settlement to a copywrite owner. America is the land of the free, but also the land of the lawsuit.

wasichu
03-12-2014, 08:03 AM
AMEN to that Damascus. All I want to see is the ones I can join. I could care less about the completed crap. Same as in the proving grounds. I could care less about who is playing AI and such in the window in the left. Heck put the AFK'ers over there so they don't clog the people who are looking for a match.
Lord help us when set 2 comes out when it comes to the decks built, I have to keep deleting decks to make it some what manageable. It would be so nice to have tabs to put our decks under even if it was by Champion. This would be helpfull to us as well as the devs so the could know what champions never get used and may receive a boost.

wasichu
03-12-2014, 08:04 AM
it'd be cool if they removed all the completed tourneys from the list of tourneys so that it would be easier to find the single open one that is joinable (or at least put it on top) oh this was his quote.

Mahes
03-12-2014, 08:06 AM
This really needs to be the draft system coming up. Kind of tired of playing Blue Flying Sealed. If not, then I guess it is time to take a break from the game as sealed has serious balance issues within the different colors until the 2nd set comes out.

Cernz
03-12-2014, 08:10 AM
btw. modern family > every other comedy series! ;) ... especially when you have a family :D

Mahes
03-12-2014, 08:14 AM
Big Bang Theory = best comedy currently on T.V.

Xenavire
03-12-2014, 08:15 AM
Big Bang Theory = best comedy currently on T.V.

I always hear this, and I am always bored by the pathetic jokes. Where is the appeal? (Not trying to bash, I just never understood how people like shows like that and how I met your mother. They make me cringe.)

RobHaven
03-12-2014, 08:21 AM
I always hear this, and I am always bored by the pathetic jokes. Where is the appeal? (Not trying to bash, I just never understood how people like shows like that and how I met your mother. They make me cringe.)
With you 100% on Big Bang. With you 0% on How I Met Your Mother. HIMYM is one of my all-time favorites.

Xenavire
03-12-2014, 08:25 AM
Obviously different strokes etc etc. But is there some obvious reason why these shows are so popular? Especially all the people who go on and on about that Barney guy.

Cernz
03-12-2014, 08:27 AM

i am with you on both series ;)

ossuary
03-12-2014, 08:30 AM

I read a really interesting article once that said Community was a show made FOR nerds, and Big Bang Theory was a show made ABOUT nerds. The jokes are often at the expense of nerds, instead of celebrating them. Community had a whole show dedicated to Dungeons & Dragons, whereas Big Bang will sometimes show the guys playing D&D and the joke seems to be "LOL look board games... NERD!"

I actually enjoy both shows, for different reasons. Big Bang is made to appeal to the masses, with some fan service also put in that only nerd-types would get (this part of the humor just goes over everyone else's head). That's why BBT is so popular, because both sets of audiences can enjoy it completely independent of each other. Part of what makes it so funny to actual nerds is that the guys are all extreme examples of nerdhood, which even we find extreme and foolish (Sheldon is the high functioning sociopath "Rain Man," Howard is the sex-crazed nerd, Leonard is the "straight man" window into the show but he's also the sunken-chested frail nerd who is lactose intolerant, Rajeesh is the ultimate introvert who can't even speak in the presence of women). It's their stereotypical extremes that make them humorous to "regular" nerds.

Xenavire
03-12-2014, 08:33 AM
Ah, nicely put, oss. I can see why BBT irritates me so much while I love community. Never thought that deeply about it (since I tend to avoid BBT and don't give it much thought.) I do wish there were less ads for the show though.

Also, that DnD ep? To hell with accuracy, it was pure genuis. I wish they would do another episode about it.

Scammanator
03-12-2014, 08:36 AM
Posted on another thread shortly after his first comment here:

Commenting with a purple tag is kinda like observing an electron-- any action is going to change the direction of the thread.

ossuary
03-12-2014, 09:01 AM
Also, that DnD ep? To hell with accuracy, it was pure genuis. I wish they would do another episode about it.

Good news, somebody. The episode set to air March 20th (i.e. next Thursday's episode) is called "Advanced Advanced Dungeons & Dragons." :)

BlueAvocado
03-12-2014, 09:03 AM
I'm confused. Are we supposed to include sitcoms in our next patch? If so, I have to let the engineers know right away.

Diesbudt
03-12-2014, 09:22 AM
I'm confused. Are we supposed to include sitcoms in our next patch? If so, I have to let the engineers know right away.

If you did that would be LEGEND.... wait for it..... DARY. LEGENDARY!

Bazinga.

And now i feel like a nerd responding like that... so I shall disappear back into my cave.

Xenavire
03-12-2014, 09:35 AM

As long as the quailty is high. Hire the guys from Psych and team them up with the guys who play Abed and Troy and you have yourself some gold.

mudkip
03-12-2014, 09:45 AM
If you did that would be LEGEND.... wait for it..... DARY. LEGENDARY!

How I met your Mancubus

Umaro
03-12-2014, 11:12 AM
How I met your Mancubus

The Big Bunny Theory

Tinuvas
03-12-2014, 11:57 AM
The Big Bunny Theory

The Banned List (go James Spader)

ossuary
03-12-2014, 12:30 PM
House of (Trading) Cards

Gwaer
03-12-2014, 12:31 PM
...Community?

hex_colin
03-12-2014, 02:27 PM
The next patch is... awesome... :)

Of course, that may change ;)

Also, THERE HAS BEEN NO EFFORT MADE TO FIX THE SUN-RELATED ISSUES! Where's my refund? ;)

Rycajo
03-12-2014, 02:38 PM
The next patch is... awesome... :)

Of course, that may change ;)

Sometimes you are the worst. Such a tease. But usually you are the best.

Shaqattaq
03-12-2014, 02:39 PM
New Feature:

http://i.imgur.com/cQoQfK3.png

Gwaer
03-12-2014, 02:42 PM
That doesn't look like a flying car =(

Ju66ernaut
03-12-2014, 02:43 PM
New Feature:

Arrows?

Rycajo
03-12-2014, 02:43 PM
That doesn't look like a flying car =(

Can't please everyone.

DataDragon
03-12-2014, 02:47 PM
New Feature:

What Shaq's patch notes failed to include is that control of this new feature will be group style ala Twitch plays pokemon.

Gwaer
03-12-2014, 02:48 PM
Go Team Anarchy!

Umaro
03-12-2014, 02:59 PM
Go Team Anarchy!

With such a small sample size so far, I feel compelled to oppose the social norm and go with Team Democracy.

ossuary
03-12-2014, 03:01 PM
New Feature:

Arrows?

Buttons.

BossHoss
03-12-2014, 03:06 PM
New Feature:

Noooooo, the sun is getting nerfed!

mudkip
03-12-2014, 04:25 PM
Fingers are crossed for a "servers will be down tomorrow for patch" message soon.

hex_colin
03-12-2014, 05:36 PM
Fingers are crossed for a "servers will be down tomorrow for patch" message soon.

Check Twitter :)

Roy_G
03-12-2014, 06:23 PM
I want one for the rain as well.With the nerf to the sun it might be unbalanced.

bojanglesz
03-12-2014, 07:13 PM
What are we getting tomorrow?! 3 hour Maintanence.

Mejis
03-12-2014, 07:23 PM
What are we getting tomorrow?! 3 hour Maintanence.

Yeah 3hr seems like more than usual? Could be something big??

Xenavire
03-12-2014, 08:04 PM
Yeah 3hr seems like more than usual? Could be something big??

3 hours is actually standard, but only due to delays. If this is as big as it seems, I would expect an hour or two delay on top of this.

Which means it is something huge - if it isn't draft, I hope it is keeps.

Mejis
03-13-2014, 12:40 AM
3 hours is actually standard, but only due to delays. If this is as big as it seems, I would expect an hour or two delay on top of this.

Which means it is something huge - if it isn't draft, I hope it is keeps.

Pretty exciting. Wish we could get patch notes before the patch, to peruse over them :)

hex_colin
03-13-2014, 07:44 AM
Pretty exciting. Wish we could get patch notes before the patch, to peruse over them :)

They'll post them at the beginning of the patching process. 3 hours of perusing... :) Which may or may not be long enough to read them all...

mudkip
03-13-2014, 07:52 AM
The patch note timing is perfect for Central time. It comes out at midday so you read them at lunch, then by the time you get home from work the patching is finished!

Daer
03-13-2014, 07:55 AM
It's my birthday today so obviously CZE is going to put out an awesome patch to celebrate the occasion. You're welcome guys.

hex_colin
03-13-2014, 07:59 AM
It's my birthday today so obviously CZE is going to put out an awesome patch to celebrate the occasion. You're welcome guys.

Happy Birthday!

Tinuvas
03-13-2014, 08:12 AM

Could you have birthdays more often? I'm sure many of us would appreciate it. :)

Axle
03-13-2014, 08:13 AM
Could you have birthdays more often? I'm sure many of us would appreciate it. :)

We still don't know if his birthday brings bad or good news. Lets wait.

mudkip
03-13-2014, 08:40 AM

Happy Birthday!

Xenavire
03-13-2014, 08:54 AM

Always happy to spread good cheer, so happy birthday! Also, many returns and all that jazz. I hope for you the patch is awesome/you have time to play. :)

Daer
03-13-2014, 09:48 AM
I hope for you the patch is awesome

It's either going to be

http://i.imgur.com/DCppLP1.gif

or

http://i.imgur.com/QZtfzLu.jpg

bojanglesz
03-13-2014, 10:01 AM
It's time...

bojanglesz
03-13-2014, 10:05 AM
Holy shit drafting, mail, and packs!

hex_colin
03-13-2014, 10:05 AM
It's either going to be

http://i.imgur.com/DCppLP1.gif

or

http://i.imgur.com/QZtfzLu.jpg

Definitely the happy one... Think your birthday crossed with Christmas :)

Axle
03-13-2014, 10:08 AM
congrats your birthday is amazing man