PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore modes?

mach
03-11-2014, 07:37 PM
Hardcore modes are pretty popular in some other games, so I'm wondering if they'll try them in Hex.

For those who don't know how this kind of thing works: When you create a character, you can choose to make it a hardcore character. When a hardcore character dies (in this case, loses to a dungeon/raid boss), it's gone for good. Any gear (and in this case your deck) is lost as well. The appeal is that it's an extra layer of challenge for those who want it. For those who don't want it, it's completely optional.

For PvP, we could see something similar to the Ironman format from MTG. (Basically, when a card is destroyed, you tear it up.)

BossHoss
03-11-2014, 08:46 PM
This makes me think of a fun Iron man tournament. It is a winner take all Tourny hosted by the void society. If you lose, ALL your cards get broken down into crafting materials and added to the pot. Winner of the Tourny gets to keep their deck and all the crafting materials. I would enjoy this as another option for breaking down extra cards

Yoss
03-11-2014, 10:47 PM
Forum search for "hard mode" finds:

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=27026

Note: the link is about Hard Modes not about Hardcore Modes. There was also a thread about Hardcore...

EDIT: forum search for "hardcore"
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=26611

Svenn
03-12-2014, 07:34 AM
This makes me think of a fun Iron man tournament. It is a winner take all Tourny hosted by the void society. If you lose, ALL your cards get broken down into crafting materials and added to the pot. Winner of the Tourny gets to keep their deck and all the crafting materials. I would enjoy this as another option for breaking down extra cards

That's actually a pretty cool idea. I'd play it. ;)

Ju66ernaut
03-12-2014, 07:37 AM
I strictly play hardcore in D3 and the concept of this being in HEX terrifies and excites me, hahaha.

mudkip
03-12-2014, 07:55 AM
That sounds great. I'd probably use it to play with some common decks.

I strictly play hardcore in D3 and the concept of this being in HEX terrifies and excites me, hahaha.
How long does it take you to level a new character to the cap, solo? I've always had respect for the HC players; I'd love to have a go but I just don't have the balls.

Xenavire
03-12-2014, 07:58 AM

Basically same as mudkip here. Also, how do you feel about 2.0/Reaper? Has to make things a lot easier, right? I know a lot if people would be pissed if their harscore mode got eqsier to play, but Blizz seems to have outdone themselves for once, so I wanna know how it is.

Gwaer
03-12-2014, 08:03 AM
I prefer HC in POE as well. Sadly I always quit for a while after losing a character. I don't think it'll be possible with the way CZE is setting up champions in Hex though.

Mahes
03-12-2014, 08:10 AM
When I think of hardcore for this game, I think of a situation where if you lose against an opponent(Best 2 out of 3 of course) you must take your own life. THAT IS HARDCORE!!!!!!

Xenavire
03-12-2014, 08:18 AM
When I think of hardcore for this game, I think of a situation where if you lose against an opponent(Best 2 out of 3 of course) you must take your own life. THAT IS HARDCORE!!!!!!

Too far man... Just too far. However... PvE accounts created in hardcore mode could be cool. Lose too much and the account 'dies' and goes to a hall of fame.

Ju66ernaut
03-12-2014, 10:54 AM
How long does it take you to level a new character to the cap, solo? I've always had respect for the HC players; I'd love to have a go but I just don't have the balls.

I started a new toon with 2.0 this last weekend and was conservative, leveling up on the second difficulty level. After 8-10 hours I'm level 39 and in the beginning of the Arreat Crater. The drop rates a SO MUCH BETTER for gear I can actually use and could comfortably kick up the difficulty another notch. To be honest right now the scariest moments are when I tab out mid dungeon to tell Netflix to continue playing what I am watching.

Daer
03-12-2014, 11:11 AM
Yeah I've started playing D3 recently after having quit 2 months after launch and it is much easier to level, especially with the 50% exp boost that is happening until the expansion launches. I'm playing softcore but since last thursday I've gained 17 paragon levels on my Barbarian, leveled a wizard from 51 to 60, a Demon Hunter from 1-60 and a Witch Doctor from 1-48. Currently on my Witch Doctor I'm level 48 and I'm only at the start of Act 4, leveling is very fast right now.

Thrawn
03-12-2014, 01:55 PM
Get resource flooded once during an important match, perma death.

No thank you.

YourOpponent
03-12-2014, 10:23 PM

Awesome idea! Have it be where you can keep the cards you didn't use from the tourny, but past that I love your idea and would definitely do that...for nothing else to see how many brave (or foolish souls) use legendaries they drafted.