PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the tourney tab interface

Norious
03-13-2014, 06:24 AM
They are problably working on streamlining it, but I know we all would like some alterations.
Is listing of closed/completed tournaments important to the player?
Join Sealed que - automatically puts player in next available game
Join Constructed que - automatically puts player in next available game
Join X event que - drop down menu or listing of special events available to join
Create Event - maybe a way where players can build their own tourney where a drop down menu lists the various parameters you want to set. Make public or private. Maybe even allow players to put their own rewards.

Tinuvas
03-13-2014, 07:38 AM
I think that completed tourneys may become significant in the future if we can rewatch games, but for the moment they seem superfluous.

Yoss
03-13-2014, 08:55 AM
My main problem is that the Queues are listed in the mess rather than just existing as UI features off to the right. There should be only two objects needed on the right-hand side: the Join Queue button that's already there, and a drop-down menu to select which queue you want to join.

Xenavire
03-13-2014, 09:01 AM
My main problem is that the Queues are listed in the mess rather than just existing as UI features off to the right. There should be only two objects needed on the right-hand side: the Join Queue button that's already there, and a drop-down menu to select which queue you want to join.

That might be messy for specific reasons (like new, temporary tournaments, like the invitationals etc.)

I think one dropdown for all the options would be counter intuitive. However, using a dropdown to sort categories etc would work very well. Choose draft, then use a selection bar to choose which set, then queue.

You got the basic idea spot on though.

Tirc
03-13-2014, 09:06 AM
I wouldn't mind a tab system one showing not yet started, one for in progress and one for completed. I also like the idea for buttons at the top to join sealed queue or join constructed queue as stated by op.

hex_colin
03-13-2014, 10:08 AM
The patch notes are out - you're going to like the new Tournament UI :)