PDA

View Full Version : Patch v826 Breakdown

Rosenfloggen
03-13-2014, 10:01 AM
Another week, another patch! What does Patch v826 have in store for HEX fans?

Well, you'll find an assortment of gameplay fixes, some new cards, and some general quality-of-life improvements that will make chatting and deck-building a little easier.

Oh, and also...DRAFT TOURNAMENTS are finally here!

http://hextcg.com/patch-v826-breakdown/

Cirouss
03-13-2014, 10:16 AM
Love it. Was waiting for eye of creation for some time, this will be soooo AWESOME! :D

Gulbech
03-13-2014, 10:22 AM
Great update, both draft and so many fixes and cards. Cant wait to play.

Thepsis
03-13-2014, 10:34 AM
Drafts!!!!

hammer
03-13-2014, 10:44 AM
THANK YOU To all at CZE - Sounds awesome!

LittleCodingFox
03-13-2014, 11:35 AM
Great patch, thank you so much!

YourOpponent
03-13-2014, 11:43 AM
It looks pretty awesome and I can't wait to start enjoying Draft!

Yoss
03-13-2014, 12:20 PM
Overall, this is a very exciting patch!

My biggest complaint is the proposed missed-pick mechanic. Picking a random card rather than something smarter is really annoying. It could at least pick randomly among the most rare cards available (if there's a rare/legend, take it, if not then if there are uncommons take one at random, if not then take a common at random). It just seems like too harsh a penalty for if you lag, drop, get called away to help with kids, phone call, answer the front door, or whatever. Life happens, and (paid) entertainment shouldn't punish you when you have to take care of something more important.

Didn't the old Shrine work while it was in your deck in addition to while in play? That was so cool. This new version is still good, but it's not nearly as agressive in exploring the digital mechanics.

Master Theorycrafter got a major overhaul. It's been so long, I hardly even remember what he used to do, other than that he was 7 cost and awesome. This new version is still interesting, I guess. I need to think through the possiblities.

Edswor
03-13-2014, 12:24 PM
Looks like a big and great patch ;)

JayDeth
03-13-2014, 03:08 PM
That shrine card looks like it'll be a staple in all decks. I can't think of a time you wouldn't want it in your deck.

Aradon
03-13-2014, 03:10 PM
Overall, this is a very exciting patch!

My biggest complaint is the proposed missed-pick mechanic. Picking a random card rather than something smarter is really annoying. It could at least pick randomly among the most rare cards available (if there's a rare/legend, take it, if not then if there are uncommons take one at random, if not then take a common at random). It just seems like too harsh a penalty for if you lag, drop, get called away to help with kids, phone call, answer the front door, or whatever. Life happens, and (paid) entertainment shouldn't punish you when you have to take care of something more important.

Didn't the old Shrine work while it was in your deck in addition to while in play? That was so cool. This new version is still good, but it's not nearly as agressive in exploring the digital mechanics.

Master Theorycrafter got a major overhaul. It's been so long, I hardly even remember what he used to do, other than that he was 7 cost and awesome. This new version is still interesting, I guess. I need to think through the possiblities.

The shrine needs to be equipped to function in your deck, if I recall. Still seems quite strong, especially for limited. Suddenly all your topdecks are awesome.

Yoss
03-13-2014, 03:57 PM
Shrine's still looking like a good card, sure. It's a nice tempo/CA generator (using those terms loosely here). It's probably too slow for aggro, but possibly awesome in control. My comment wasn't that the card isn't good, just that the effect is now something you could achieve in a physical TCG (would be awkward, but possible). The in-deck mods are not something a physical TCG would do.

Dropbear
03-13-2014, 10:19 PM
Eye of creation got nerfed a lot, guess it was too powerful to have it autoplay itself if it was casted into. And shrine's been an on-off card, it looks good but it really doesn't have a place in any real deck, it's just a "At 56-59 cards, Might as well put this in" right now.

Aradon
03-13-2014, 10:22 PM
Shrine seems like a good sideboard card in midrange-vs-midrange matchups. Getting the creature edge will be important, and having your creatures all slightly larger'll do just that.

aatttt
03-14-2014, 06:37 AM
Nah, Shrine is bad in a competetive deck. Too much of a downside that the other player knows all the cards you are drawing.

Yoss
03-14-2014, 09:43 AM
Nah, Shrine is bad in a competetive deck. Too much of a downside that the other player knows all the cards you are drawing.

That's why I liked the older version better, where the mods took place in secret as the shrine moved around in your deck.

Gwaer
03-15-2014, 08:53 AM
I honestly don't know why they make it reveal at all. In a digital game revealing cards shouldn't be as necessary as a physical game, since the players can't cheat or lie.

Yoss
03-15-2014, 08:59 AM
That's true too, Gwaer. I'd be all in favor of that small update: don't have shrine reveal what it's modifying.

AstaSyneri
03-20-2014, 07:15 AM
Just doing my broken record thing: Anything on things relevant to PvE?

Yes, I know all the PvP things need to be sorted first, but if you don't care for PvP most of those news are a bit lame (I know, it's me).

Just reading PvE mentioned will go a long way for those PvE-minded ones amongst us (I wager).

Rycajo
03-25-2014, 06:52 PM
I honestly don't know why they make it reveal at all. In a digital game revealing cards shouldn't be as necessary as a physical game, since the players can't cheat or lie.

I have felt this way from the beginning. I thought one of the advantages of digital was a built-in judge to supervise all devious secrets. The card really doesn't need to be revealed for Shrine of Prosperity. I've said as much about it and the same goes for Zombie Plague. Unless the card's theme leads me to believe acquiring information is an intended purpose of the card, I would think revealing cards is quite unnecessary.

Cards like Gearsmith, Oakhenge Ceremony, Vampire King's vampire conversion ability, etc., do not need to reveal the affected cards. Cards like Mortar strike have it right. No card revealing - the cards just get dumped into the graveyard. However, I wouldn't mind the game showing the players what was hit, but on a miss there really is no reason to reveal the card unless one of the purposes of the card is to reveal information.

Hopefully this is one of those things that will eventually be ironed out. I know CZE would like to streamline the game - this is one area where streamlining will actually improve the quality of the game, not just the speed.

Yoss
03-25-2014, 08:52 PM
Well said.