PDA

View Full Version : Payment question

Xenavire
03-14-2014, 05:23 PM
Ok, as we know, monetised beta is creeping ever closer. And with our current estimates, there is a certain payment method that should be finalised by now if they plan to use it (paypal). Since this will be a huge deal, can we perhaps get a post, blog, or tweet (anything!) on what payment methods will be available, and specifically if Paypal will be supported when we reach monetisation.

Specific questions:

Will each account be forced to have their own paypal account, or could a family share one? Because due to some recent paypal changes, things are getting harder to organise, so if one account would be possible, that would be a great help. (This goes for credit cards as well - will one credit card be enough for a single family?)

Will paypal be able to be used for recurring payments (like the VIP program)?

What other payment methods have you explored? Many players have no chance of getting credit cards, and some countries require a credit card to use paypal.

More questions to be added, I am sure.

Thanks for any replies I might get, and I hope this is a lively topic of discussion.

Tinuvas
03-14-2014, 07:14 PM
Bitcoin. Purely because I want a reason to buy some.

Diesbudt
03-15-2014, 12:09 PM
Cze could always create their own monetary value. The Cory-coin. Exchange rate may vary.

hex_colin
03-19-2014, 03:05 AM
Ok, as we know, monetised beta is creeping ever closer. And with our current estimates, there is a certain payment method that should be finalised by now if they plan to use it (paypal). Since this will be a huge deal, can we perhaps get a post, blog, or tweet (anything!) on what payment methods will be available, and specifically if Paypal will be supported when we reach monetisation.

Specific questions:

Will each account be forced to have their own paypal account, or could a family share one? Because due to some recent paypal changes, things are getting harder to organise, so if one account would be possible, that would be a great help. (This goes for credit cards as well - will one credit card be enough for a single family?)

Will paypal be able to be used for recurring payments (like the VIP program)?

What other payment methods have you explored? Many players have no chance of getting credit cards, and some countries require a credit card to use paypal.

More questions to be added, I am sure.

Thanks for any replies I might get, and I hope this is a lively topic of discussion.

I'd be surprised if you could any payment method (including a PayPal account) for more than 1 account. They've said from the very beginning that every account was going to require a unique form of payment.

Khazrakh
03-19-2014, 03:52 AM
Paypal is mandatory IMHO. Not everybody has a credit card, especially here in Germany you just don't need one for anything. I guess I'd go out of my way and get one if I really had to in order to play Hex, but you'd miss out on quite some potential customers without Paypal.