PDA

View Full Version : Are there foils or equivalent planned?

Mejis
03-15-2014, 04:41 PM
Hi, I may have missed this somewhere, but are foil cards or some kind of equivalent shinies planned for HEX?

Xenavire
03-15-2014, 04:47 PM
Hi, I may have missed this somewhere, but are foil cards or some kind of equivalent shinies planned for HEX?

Earnable ones, yes, but nothing out-of-pack. They have enough pack opening bonuses, so instead you can grind exp and mini-achievements/milestones to get extended art and foils.

Rycajo
03-15-2014, 07:15 PM
As Xenavire said, as far as we know, extended art and foil cards will be earned, not simply found.

I have yet to decide how this will affect the value of such cards. If the foiling process is difficult, foil supply could be even smaller than normal. Of course, the more demand and value placed upon foils, the more players will work on making foils. PvE focused players might be able to break into PvP, not only by acquiring rare PvE loot, but by leveling cards.

Mejis
03-15-2014, 09:24 PM
Awesome thank you both for the replies.

Kroan
03-16-2014, 01:14 AM
I'm not entirely sure if they can't be found in packs. I'd guess no, but since the KS Exclusive Starter Deck includes a Foil & Extended Art Urunaaz, i'm not entirely sure.

ossuary
03-16-2014, 04:23 PM
I'm not entirely sure if they can't be found in packs. I'd guess no, but since the KS Exclusive Starter Deck includes a Foil & Extended Art Urunaaz, i'm not entirely sure.

That's a special situation, it's a reward. Normal packs will have standard cards, which you have the ability to earn foil and extended art for.

Kroan
03-17-2014, 12:58 AM
That's a special situation, it's a reward. Normal packs will have standard cards, which you have the ability to earn foil and extended art for.

I know that you can earn them, but that's not the question (or answer I was giving). Point is, we don't know if foils can show up in packs or chests (or other places) without someone having to "work the card" for it.

ossuary
03-17-2014, 08:11 AM
Yes, we do, unless they specifically release a new one that is foil or EA from the start. The fact that those are unlocked means that they don't come that way. That's how Cory described it.

Kroan
03-17-2014, 12:46 PM
Yes, we do, unless they specifically release a new one that is foil or EA from the start. The fact that those are unlocked means that they don't come that way. That's how Cory described it.
Source or lies ;)

knightofeffect
03-17-2014, 02:02 PM
I believe there might be a possibility to receive some account boost via treasure chests or wheel of fate that could enable someone to foil cards more quickly. I wonder if we'll see boosts like that Mae their way into a cash shop, which as cash shop items go, wouldn't be the most evil thing as it would directly correlate the value of a foil to plat. (Although I'm pretty sure Cory has vehemently swore off using a cash shop in this manner)