PDA

View Full Version : Draftibility

HockeyKong
03-18-2014, 07:36 AM
So I recently found Card Wars, I'm excited to play it!

As an MTG Fan, I'm curious about the draftibility of the game (instead of keeping the decks separate, mix them together then create packs and pass them around creating decks)

That's definitely a movement the game seems to be leaning in, having cards that gain bonuses from having a variety of lands instead of the suggested tableau. I figure once Nice Lands and For the Glory! are released this will be easier, but I was wondering if anyone had gotten both the Finn/Jake Lady/BMO decks and had tried it already?

I figure 5 packs of 9 is the obvious start. Since the need for synergy is milder than MTG and that would leave you with 5 cards you wont have to play.

lukenukem83
04-11-2014, 09:20 AM
Right now, I am playing around with a 2/2 Corn/Swamp deck. If you are interested, I'll give you the card/strategy breakdown. With the limited cards out, it's about a 60% win rate against other, single color decks, but I'll be interested to see it played against other custom decks as more and more cards come out.

Awesam87
04-13-2014, 05:07 PM
I use a 2/1/1 of Blue Plains/Sandilands/Swamp deck. It's beaten everyone except a current Yu-gi-oh champion (who was playing this game for only the second time). Ms Mummy and Sandwitch combo, plus flooping and spamming Rainbow cards (mostly spells) so Woadic Chief can deal a lot of damage to either the opposing creatures or the opponent himself.

This deck required some trades from friends to fully become effective.