PDA

View Full Version : The Rise and Fall of the Shards

wasichu
03-18-2014, 01:18 PM
Well it looks like with Eye of Creation (EoC)green is having its day again not since before the crash of beast nerf.

Ruby seemed to have its day early on and is still competing before the Eye but the Poca nerf and ragefire nerf slowed the pace.

Then with Urnazz and persecute release and the power of extinction blood reigned supreme.

Then the sneak up of Sapphire with the release of the Grawlk and Mastery of time combos.

Diamond can still sneak up on ya with the paladin and cloudknights but it seem the EoC card is the dominant at the time and he who gets first ramp usually wins.

My point in all of this is as cards have come out they change the flow of the game. Then you see how much more the nerfs that were needed back then are maybe not so much anymore. I wish they would of waited untill all cards where out before tweeking them. I hope this is the only set they do this to

Gwaer
03-18-2014, 01:24 PM
Huh, I didn't expect to agree with you when I entered this thread, but this is what I have basically been saying since day 1. It was too early to nerf anything before the full set was out. But here we are and I have a feeling more nerfs will have to come to put the fresher stuff in line with the toned down versions of cards we have now. Time will tell.

Werlix
03-18-2014, 01:27 PM
Once the game is released they won't be doing any card nerfs. At the moment they're rushing out game features, ui updates as well as cards so they have to juggle everything at once.

Werlix
03-18-2014, 01:34 PM
Well it looks like with Eye of Creation (EoC)green is having its day again not since before the crash of beast nerf.

Ruby seemed to have its day early on and is still competing before the Eye but the Poca nerf and ragefire nerf slowed the pace.

Then with Urnazz and persecute release and the power of extinction blood reigned supreme.

Then the sneak up of Sapphire with the release of the Grawlk and Mastery of time combos.

Diamond can still sneak up on ya with the paladin and cloudknights but it seem the EoC card is the dominant at the time and he who gets first ramp usually wins.

My point in all of this is as cards have come out they change the flow of the game. Then you see how much more the nerfs that were needed back then are maybe not so much anymore. I wish they would of waited untill all cards where out before tweeking them. I hope this is the only set they do this to

Out of interest, which nerfs/tweeks do you think were unnecessary?

wasichu
03-18-2014, 02:58 PM
The thing is everyone is going to cry nerf on some cards and some will say its fine. Look how they did chimes, which I see as fine. I still think persecute was vital to blood decks. I can go on , but my point was now that we have a superpower like Eye of Creation, some the the cards that were nerfed would be useful to balance a card like eye out. I am not a fan of nerfs unless they are absolutly nessesary and there has been way to manny nerfs. Take the ninja nerf to Chimera Guard Outrider for example

Werlix
03-18-2014, 03:47 PM
The thing is everyone is going to cry nerf on some cards and some will say its fine. Look how they did chimes, which I see as fine. I still think persecute was vital to blood decks. I can go on , but my point was now that we have a superpower like Eye of Creation, some the the cards that were nerfed would be useful to balance a card like eye out. I am not a fan of nerfs unless they are absolutly nessesary and there has been way to manny nerfs. Take the ninja nerf to Chimera Guard Outrider for example

Ah never even realised the Outrider is 3 defense now. Yeah that does seem strange, maybe it was an accidental nerf if there wasn't a patch note about it?

You mention "way too many nerfs" but you've only specified one card (unless you're counting Crash of Beasts, but surely not as that card is amazing as is) - what others?

meetthefuture
03-18-2014, 11:49 PM
Out of interest, which nerfs/tweeks do you think were unnecessary?

I can only name Protectorate Defender and, probably, Life Siphon

wasichu
03-19-2014, 01:05 PM
mutate, mimic, the red first strike inspire guy off top of my head.