PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or is bury pointless

mightjustaswell
03-19-2014, 11:28 AM
Not sure I get the point when the cards being sent to the graveyard are random. Plus in some cases that makes it easier for the opponent to play things from the graveyard. Is it seriously just designed to make you run out of cards because that does not seem likely to happen.

Scammanator
03-19-2014, 11:32 AM
Welcome to the Forums!

You're right, at face value it doesn't seem very useful, but if you have to draw a card and you are unable to do so because your deck is empty, then you lose. Making your opponent run out of cards is one way to win the game.

It can actually be a pretty strong strategy in draft if you get enough of the right cards.

*Edited to give proper welcome to first-time poster.

Omegahugger
03-19-2014, 04:06 PM
There's also the fact that some cards utilize your opponents graveyard.

Sure, there might not be enough to base a proper deck around it now, but in the future a zombie apocalypse would be interesting. C:

Yoss
03-19-2014, 11:00 PM
Not sure I get the point when the cards being sent to the graveyard are random. Plus in some cases that makes it easier for the opponent to play things from the graveyard. Is it seriously just designed to make you run out of cards because that does not seem likely to happen.

As a basic perspective, you're right: mill is bad. Until it wins the game. If you're new to the game, I suggest you stay away from mill cards until you've figured out the other game concepts. ("Mill" is what they call it when you grind up the other player's deck so that they lose by not having a card to draw.)

YourOpponent
03-20-2014, 03:01 PM
Also some cards get stats based on how many are in your GY.

redyetiking
03-21-2014, 04:30 AM
You are thinking to simply. When you mill someone you are controlling them. You are denying then a card. Yes it is random but you are still removing 1 of 60 cards they felt they needed in their deck. It is just like making some randomly discard a card. Removing the chance for them to play that card in the future. You may make them get closer to lucking into a good top-deck but the odds are on your side. Also the odds become much better for you the few cards they have in their deck so ever mill make the next mill that much better and the odds of you winning that much higher.

Lonenut
03-27-2014, 10:06 AM
Mill aside, the blood creature who gets power and toughness equal to the number of creatures in all graveyards certainly comes to mind.

I also had my infinite raptors deck get made completely worthless when all of my raptors were randomly (and statistically unlikely) milled out early on.

Yoss
03-27-2014, 02:03 PM
Infinite raptors? You found a way to get unlimited raptors into play in a single turn in the current PvP client?