PDA

View Full Version : Mortar Strike: Exactly what is 'bury'

Tinuvas
03-20-2014, 12:00 AM
So Mortar Strike talks about burying the troops from the top 3 cards of your opponents deck. Exactly what does that mean? In Magic, to bury is to put in graveyard, but I haven't seen that as the action of the card. Any ideas?

Khazrakh
03-20-2014, 12:07 AM
So Mortar Strike talks about burying the troops from the top 3 cards of your opponents deck. Exactly what does that mean? In Magic, to bury is to put in graveyard, but I haven't seen that as the action of the card. Any ideas?

It does exactly that - any troops in the top 3 cards of your opponents deck go straight to the graveyard.
Mortar Strike is actually a quite underestimated card in my opinion. In a troop heavy deck you'll get your opponent some more rounds of just drawing shards.

Jinxies
03-20-2014, 12:45 AM
It's great in limited :3

Eierdotter
03-20-2014, 01:05 AM
it deals 3 damage to a troops and then checks if there are troops in the top3 cards of the opponents deck, if there are any they get put into the graveyard, in the same visual way as milling happens.
Not sure if the bury happens before or after the targeted (if killed) troop enters the graveyard.
So you maybe need to check the graveyard manually after the card resolved if you did not pay close attention if a bury happened.