PDA

View Full Version : Hey corey and the team a question RE: windows tablets

trapline
03-24-2014, 05:52 AM
I know Ipad hex is a no brainer, and android would be the next logical platform after, but I don't think you need to make a windows RT version and here's why.

I already play Hex pretty easily on the surface pro 2, and I'd bet most users that are going to be playing Hex on a windows tablet would likely be using one that supports full windows 8.1.

Currently I can play a match in hex just fine, zoom takes a bit to get used to, however it's not any worse than hearthstone (also perfect on the surface pro 2)

So here's the feature that it does need, and might even save some development time on the other two platforms down the line.

If the client had a small button somewhere that popped up an in game keyboard, then any of the current windows tablets that supported windows 8.1 could pretty much play right out of the gate. I'm sure someone there has a surface and has been monkeying around on this, but just figured I'd drop my two cents in and see if any of you had opinions.

Keep up the great work, did my first draft after patch, really was a fun experience.

Miwa
03-24-2014, 03:51 PM
Or they could treat touch on Windows just like touch elsewhere and not make it worse than other platforms.

And then do an ARM version for the Surface 2. :)

Tinuvas
03-24-2014, 05:29 PM
I want an RT version. It's what I have. I am in the minority. I get this. I don't expect a lot here. It makes me sad, but I move on.