PDA

View Full Version : New player, want to donate

Darkredflow
03-25-2014, 10:36 PM
Hi guys

I am searching for a new game to invest some resources into having stopped playing other,

I use to play MTG long while back and also recently played Tyrant Unleashed on android and Iphone and quickly got to top tier

I just need to know a few things before I commit, these questions might have been answered before so sorry if I repeat and maybe post in the wrong thread, I am new to all this.

I want to know when the game will officially launch and what to expect in the current alpha / beta release (is it just practice rounds to get use to cards and game play mechanics before actual release?)

I am interested to pick up the slacker backer for 50$ so to start learning asap and also want to buy any decent deals which is available (pls give me some help there)

I am also willing to buy the 250$ or 1000$ backing packs, are they still available? if I buy these do I have to buy the 50$ slacker backer?

Also what is the monthly fee to play the game?

Will this game become available on android/apple pads later on, and last thing how much play time is needed for a decent level, for TU I use to play every 30 min to farm so indication of time investment pls

Any other relevant info to a newbie would be highly appreciated,

Thank you
Darkredflow

ursa23
03-25-2014, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the questions! Let's try to answer them as best we can...

The official launch date is not determined yet. Speculation on these forums range from late summer 2014 to Christmas 2015! Alpha is what's currently running, it gives us 4 of every card to test mechanics and look for bugs. Draft, sealed,and constructed tournaments are all now included. Expectations on Beta release range from April 1st to Christmas 2014. Consensus seems to put it around early summer this year. In beta, we'll begin our collections and test the monetary side of things. Towards the end of Beta we'll get a sneak peak at PVE.
Slacker backer is your best, and to be honest, only option for playing right now. All of the other options were removed when the Kickstarter ended. Bummer, I know, but it sounds as though Cory has grand plans for those packages he bought back from disillusioned backers. Once you back, you will get a download link in 72 business hours, and then it's off to the races!
No true monthly fee, they are really interested in providing a rich FtP experience. But you can drop four bucks a month on the VIP package which gets you 8 dollars worth of boosters, so it's pretty much a no-brainer.
Tablets are definitely coming, but not until the official launch, at last estimate. As to time investment, that one is really hard to answer. We have no idea of what the in-game economy will look like, so we have no idea what a FtP investment of time would look like.
Thanks again, and JOIN US! We have bear fights, and Fish Hands.

Darkredflow
03-26-2014, 08:05 PM
Hi Ursa

Ok i got a slacker backer will start playing as soon as I get confirmation

Thanks

Roy_G
03-26-2014, 09:03 PM
From what CZE said slacker backer ends in five days on the April 1st.

hex_colin
03-26-2014, 11:34 PM
From what CZE said slacker backer ends in five days on the April 1st.

Ends = won't be available anymore for new sign-ups. It's not like existing Slacker Backers will lose access.