PDA

View Full Version : My game is running horribly, ideas?

yezdegerd
03-26-2014, 03:30 AM
Hello fellow hexers! I finally got my invite but I've been struggling with bad lag since installation. From what I understand the game itself doesn't take much to run and i have watched several players on Twitch run the game flawlessly so I know it's on my end. The problem I'm having is the settings screen comes up blank, as in not even a back button. When I select settings ( the few times I tried ) I had to exit out of the game completely since there was no way to get back to the previous page. Is there a settings screen and I'm just bugged? I also have other issues such as the mulligan selection not showing up and I have to click on the area I THINK are the keep/mulligan buttons. Any help would be appreciated. I'd also like to know if there is a full screen or if it's all in windowed mode right now? I don't remember seeing anyone else playing in windowed mode.

Thank you in advance,

Yezdegerd, newest newb of Hex

Cernz
03-26-2014, 03:32 AM
hm never had such problems, have you already tried to repair your install?

had some graphic errors after some updates, but doing repair for 2-3 times always solved my problems.

worth a try.

yezdegerd
03-26-2014, 03:35 AM
Apologies, not only did I post this in the wrong area but I also didn't research enough into it. Alt+enter fixed the lag right up and now runs flawlessly. It apparently didn't like windowed mode. As for the settings window it still comes up empty and i'll be doing another game shortly for the mulligan issue. If problems persist I'll try Cernz repair idea.

Cernz
03-26-2014, 03:40 AM
good to hear, but i dont think this is a windowed mode issue, i never played HEX on fullscreen,
always windowed, and no problems with that until now.

yezdegerd
03-26-2014, 03:54 AM
Yeah, still running pretty bad. Gonna try some repairs now

Kroan
03-26-2014, 05:04 AM
If you run on a laptop with multiple GPU, make sure you ensure Hex uses your better graphics card. Unfortunately it doesn't select the better one automatically.

YourOpponent
03-26-2014, 08:48 AM
Hmm I have no idea what's going on on your end. My laptop is a pretty old laptop I got from Walmart and it plays it just fine. I would try doing a repair. As for getting to fullscreen. The only way I know how to do that is by going to settings and it's the top button on there. Best of luck to you, and welcome to Hex.