PDA

View Full Version : Bells and Whistles.

mkafna
03-26-2014, 02:00 PM
Hi all, I'm really looking forward to the beta and hopefully it turns out better than our wildest dreams but I was just wondering when it comes to the final UI do people want to see a lot of bells and whistles similiar to Dotp or would be people just be happy with a little more polish to the current client.

I myself want to see fire and lightning all over the screen with awesome sound to rival a video game. Am I in the minority or in the majority?

I love magic but their client in today's landscape is boring and dull, it has to replicate the physical card game and I guess that's a constraint, but we live in the digital world with hex and I think this game if done correctly could be much better visually then hearthstone which I think has set a bar from a visual standpoint

What do all you hexers think?

Xenavire
03-26-2014, 02:33 PM
I wouldn't mind a little more flash (on entering play effects perhaps) but nothing too over the top. If I want things to be flashy, I will play Hearthstone.

mach
03-26-2014, 02:50 PM
I wouldn't mind a little more flash (on entering play effects perhaps) but nothing too over the top. If I want things to be flashy, I will play Hearthstone.

No reason you couldn't have any over-the-top flashiness disableable in the settings.

Xenavire
03-26-2014, 03:29 PM
No reason you couldn't have any over-the-top flashiness disableable in the settings.

True. Well, when time permits, they could add that then, and let it be disabled.

trapline
03-26-2014, 03:42 PM
There have been sounds for certain cards added I noticed that the other day like orcs grunting. I think they are a bit too subtle thought I would like to see them actually have dialogue as it is an mmo tcg. Giving creature cards actual voice work would help to place them.in the world
For instance a shin hare troop could rattle off a line like " my like my death shall have honor" or things like that.
When a creature gets hit a grunt of pain etc.

Thepsis
03-26-2014, 03:54 PM
i hope they reduce volume on the hit sounds ... they hurt my ears

mkafna
03-26-2014, 04:29 PM
I love the way they did the gem effects on the cards, they look really good. I just hope that eventually you'll be able to see them in the card manager as well.

Tinuvas
03-26-2014, 04:52 PM
I would love more sound effects, but I play the game for the game, not the effects. What would hit me the most is over time adding the bits so each time I see something new I go "Oooo, shiny!"

Yoss
03-26-2014, 05:27 PM
For PvE, I'd like to have animations and flashy stuff, at least for my first time through any given content. For PvP, I'm all business and all bling should be noninvasive, meaning I should never be forced to stop playing in order to watch an animation happen (like mill right now, hate it).

Mejis
03-26-2014, 05:37 PM
(like mill right now, hate it).

Yeah hopefully mill will be substantially sped up. Would actually be very cool to see the cards quickly riffle off into the graveyard, so long as it was ~1 second max regardless of number milled.

Hatts
03-27-2014, 11:28 AM
Instead of having it something to disable in the settings have it vary by game board. Some can be subdued like the current one and others can have wilder particle effects.

Gwaer
03-27-2014, 02:59 PM
The answer to mill is still to quickly riffle the cards into the gy too fast to really see them all, then pop up a window like any other time you're looking at cards of all the milled, letting you look through it if you're interested, or immediately close it if you aren't.

Sometimes it matters to me what is milled. Sometimes it does not. That's the best system for both situations IMO.

Xenavire
03-27-2014, 03:11 PM
The answer to mill is still to quickly riffle the cards into the gy too fast to really see them all, then pop up a window like any other time you're looking at cards of all the milled, letting you look through it if you're interested, or immediately close it if you aren't.

Sometimes it matters to me what is milled. Sometimes it does not. That's the best system for both situations IMO.

I only really care if I know I need to remove a milled card before it is recurred, or if I want to steal something for myself. I think this solution would be perfect.

Mejis
03-27-2014, 03:46 PM
I only really care if I know I need to remove a milled card before it is recurred, or if I want to steal something for myself. I think this solution would be perfect.

And speaking of looking at cards that are milled/in the graveyard, hopefully there will be an updated interface/method of scrolling through cards in there soon. At the moment it's kind of sluggish to scroll left and right.

Xenavire
03-27-2014, 04:15 PM
And speaking of looking at cards that are milled/in the graveyard, hopefully there will be an updated interface/method of scrolling through cards in there soon. At the moment it's kind of sluggish to scroll left and right.

I totally agree, but I am sure that will become smoother. Hope sooner than later.