PDA

View Full Version : How to mill your opponent's entire deck in one turn

seashell
03-27-2014, 10:25 AM
Here's a deck which is entirely focused on a single win condition:

Champion: Betram cragraven (or maybe wyatt the sapper)

Resource base: 15 sapphire, 9 diamond

4: archmage wrenlocke, arcane shield

3: ascetic aspirant, countermagic, time ripple, stoneskin, repel, polymorph: dingler

2: oracle song, yesterday, inner conflict, chronic madness

1: peek, immortality

The idea is to get archmage wrenlocke onto the board while making sure to keep him protected with the various anti control cards. This is crucial because wrenlocke allows you to play multiple cards a turn without ever running out of cards. once you secure this you have to stay alive by utilizing your action cards until you draw into ascetic aspirant who you also need to keep protected (probably with arcane shield) until you can transform him into the transcended.

If you manage to keep "the transcended" and "archmage wrenlocke" on the board for just one of your opponents turns you probably will win. when your turn comes you draw a "chronic madness" and play it on your opponent, now since you have an "archmage wrenlocke" on the board you can keep on going back and forth between your two "chronic madness's", thus allowing you to draw well over 5 "chronic madness's" (5 "chronic madness's" = mill 60 cards)

Yoss
03-27-2014, 02:09 PM
If you manage to keep "the transcended" and "archmage wrenlocke" on the board [and keep yourself alive] for just one of your opponents turns you probably will win.

Added a little to your quote.

And good luck with that. I have a deck like this and it is incredibly hard to get the combo to go off. By the way, Stoneskin doesn't work to protect your Seeker since the Seeker prevents you casting things. AS works, but only if you cast it ahead of time.

seashell
03-27-2014, 05:44 PM
I appreciate your reply. I want to point out that time ripple, counter magic and yesterday are also perfectly good ways to keep your troops alive once you have the necessary resources. You have a good point regarding the problem with the enlightened seeker and I think i will put four copies of arcane shield in my deck as opposed to four copies of stoneskin.

(P.S. Call it a statistical blip, but i have managed to pull this combo off 3 times today.)