PDA

View Full Version : Any way to counter early White Lantern Power Battery?

haramaki
03-29-2014, 06:51 AM
Main deck: Hero and Super Power from the first; Villain, Equipment, Location from HU.

5 players, Super Villains Hidden with 2-in-1 Super Heroes.

Nightwing/The Flash got White Lantern Power Battery very early (about the 4th round). Since we were playing Super Villans Hidden style, NW/F player used WLPB got at least 3 Super Villains and other 7~8 cost cards, bought out Line-Up several times, while most of the other players still struggling. With those SVs' ability, NW/F quickly destroyed all of his starters, and the rest of us saw more then enough WLPB for one night.

Although we still finished the game, NW/F's VP was three times more than any other players. We discussed this among group, since Deathstroke, Riddler, Shazam, Hammond, Teleportation and other cards can gain SV from Line-Up or from Main Deck, we shouldn't limit WLPB's ability. We thought putting Teleportation into main deck as counter measure might help, but then NW/F player said it's impossible to beat early WLPB, not even early Teleportation.

Is there a better rule or strategy for this situation? Thanks.

aoineko
03-29-2014, 11:14 AM
If you are playing the Super Villains Hidden variant you should probably only let White Lantern Power Battery gain cards with cost 8 or less. The other cards mentioned can gain Super-Villains, but they're a lot less consistent.

raphael76
04-21-2014, 11:13 AM
I've always thought the hidden SV variant was intended to hide them, but then they come out into play as if they weren't hidden. This would mean any cards that give you the ability to take a card from the line-up wouldn't apply to SV, they have to be acquired the old fashioned way. But maybe that's just how I read it and not what was intended.

In my mind though, the intent was for them to be secret and a surprise when they show up, but to be treated as though you were playing them from a separate deck.

Ghost84
04-23-2014, 05:52 PM
Frankly I pull Shazam and Riddler when playing this variant I never had a problem with White Lantern Battery however if someone who has it plays it more often then they should without using Robin or Plastic Man then they might be doing some tricky shuffling. There's a guy in our group who dose that so we started letting one of the other players cut our decks after we shuffle. As far as Riddler and Shazam go anyone who has ever gotten them in this variant just plays there ability every turn possible hoping to luck out. But if the battery is to much of an issue then simply pull it from the deck.