PDA

View Full Version : Another 'make your own card/mechanic' thread

Xenavire
04-02-2014, 06:29 PM
Right, so my friend had an awesome idea that I just had to share.

Parent/children troops - a pair of 'parent' troops (unique perhaps? I envision them as important Shin'Hare) that have amazing effects when they are both in play, like creating new troops. So you would have the unique father, and the unique mother - both decent cards alone, but together they start churning out non-unique cards every turn. Soon you have an army of 'children'!

And another idea he had in the same vein, is having a troop create another troop, which can grow, and even replace the original troop. For example, imagine a concubunny that creates a variation of battle hoppers. But those battle hoppers can transform, multiple times, with increasingly difficult criteria. They slowly get stronger, until suddenly they are the same as the original concubunny card! Maybe even randomly create males or females, with separate transformation lines.

I can just imagine the potential for this idea in PvP, and I was completely blown away when my friend talked about it.

hammer
04-02-2014, 11:15 PM
As long as the production of Children Troops cause the Parent Troops to be permanently exhausted then I am ok with this flavour wise :p

Seriously - cool idea I hope to see it implemented one day.

ronwac
04-02-2014, 11:53 PM
Not really a mechanic, and maybe this is only because PvP is the only thing currently implemented, but I would like cards that expound upon the storied conflict between the Ardent and Underworld. I'm sure PvE will do this, but I think there's a ton of design space for cards that really fit into the flavor of the story while also demonstrating some intuitive things Hex can do. Here's an example of a card I'd love to see:

Ossify
Resource: 2/Threshold: B
Blood - Underworld - Quick Action
Void target Ardent Troop. Create a Pile of Bones and put it into play under your control.

Zer0
04-03-2014, 11:03 AM
Soul Snatcher
Artifact
Soul Snatcher comes into play exhausted.
Exhaust: You and target opposing player permanently exchange control of your decks, hands, troops, artifacts, constants, resources, thresholds, life totals, and graveyards. Exile Soul Snatcher.

Just like Captain Ginyu from dragonball z!

noragar
04-03-2014, 12:17 PM
Soul Snatcher
Artifact
Soul Snatcher comes into play exhausted.
Exhaust: You and target opposing player permanently exchange control of your decks, hands, troops, artifacts, constants, resources, thresholds, life totals, and graveyards. Exile Soul Snatcher.

So if your opponent plays a Soul Snatcher against you, you're viable options for winning become:

1. Win the game this turn before the Soul Snatcher readys.
2. Artifact removal to get rid of the Soul Snatcher.
3. Stall the game out to try to win on time.
4. Play your own Soul Snatcher followed by a Mastery of Time or some other way to take a second turn so that your Soul Snatcher readys before your opponent's does. Then you can activate it and be the only one with a Soul Snatcher.

Any options I'm missing?

Malakili
04-03-2014, 12:27 PM
Misdirection
3SS
Basic Action

Target Friendly troop gains Spellshield (Bouncing)

Bouncing: When you cast any action, you may revert this troop and apply the effect to new Target Friendly Troop.

So, the idea here is for the Bouncing mechanic. The Misdirection card is just one example, but you could potentially have it apply any arbitrary effect you want.

Zer0
04-03-2014, 01:14 PM
So if your opponent plays a Soul Snatcher against you, you're viable options for winning become:

1. Win the game this turn before the Soul Snatcher readys.
2. Artifact removal to get rid of the Soul Snatcher.
3. Stall the game out to try to win on time.
4. Play your own Soul Snatcher followed by a Mastery of Time or some other way to take a second turn so that your Soul Snatcher readys before your opponent's does. Then you can activate it and be the only one with a Soul Snatcher.

Any options I'm missing?

Or use your opponent's deck long enough for you to get another Soul Snatcher and switch back!

Its a better option than having it be an action, right? haha

noragar
04-03-2014, 01:24 PM
Or use your opponent's deck long enough for you to get another Soul Snatcher and switch back!

Its a better option than having it be an action, right? haha

Only if your opponent makes the mistake of making the switch before the win is imminent (like already on the stack).

That's the problem with the card. The player with the Soul Snatcher can win by either winning the game normally, or wait until his opponent is about to win, then switch sides to claim the victory.

The player without the Soul Snatcher can no longer try to win the game through normal means because as soon as he gets close, then his opponent wins instead.

Xenavire
04-03-2014, 01:44 PM
Only if your opponent makes the mistake of making the switch before the win is imminent (like already on the stack).

That's the problem with the card. The player with the Soul Snatcher can win by either winning the game normally, or wait until his opponent is about to win, then switch sides to claim the victory.

The player without the Soul Snatcher can no longer try to win the game through normal means because as soon as he gets close, then his opponent wins instead.

Basic speed would help mitigate some of that.

Slaeer
04-03-2014, 05:54 PM
Chaos
Artifact, 10 cost
Basic Action

Shuffle all non-resource cards in all zones from your deck and all opposing champions' decks together and evenly redistribute them out. Cards shuffled this way have their thresholds changed to a random threshold the champion owns. Each champion draws 7 cards. Void this Card.

Zomnivore
04-03-2014, 07:42 PM
...ooo ooh I have an idea.

"CORRUPTION" (because thats cool sounding)

A card in play probably some sort of undead troop with blood magic.... as long as its on the board any troop that dies gets permanent -x/ -x and its thresholds are changed to blood. Gaining an ability with a blood threshold cost that undoes the debuff.

Ain't that kinda cool? Because blood has all these grave robbing things... right?

Werlix
04-03-2014, 09:02 PM
Fearless Warrior

2 Cost, 1 Ruby Threshold, Troop

3 Atk / 3 Defence

When an opponent plays a card Fearless Warrior is dealt 1 damage.
When you play a card Fearless Warrior gains +1 Atk this turn.

RobHaven
04-04-2014, 06:13 AM
Shard Drinker
2 cost, 2 Wild threshold; Rare; Troop ~ Elemental
1 atk / 1 def
Crush
Any time you would gain a threshold, this troop gets +1atk/+1def instead.

Evolving Seeker
5 cost, no threshold; Rare; Troop ~ Shapeshifter
3 atk / 3 def
Major Socket
If this card is socketed with a Blood gem, it gets Lifedrain.
If this card is socketed with a Diamond gem, it gets +0 atk / +3 def.
If this card is socketed with a Ruby gem, it gets +3 atk / +0 def.
If this card is socketed with a Sapphire gem, draw a card when this Troop comes into play.
If this card is socketed with a Wild gem, it gets Crush.

Mechanic:
Bloodlust ~ When this troop deals damage to a troop or champion, it deals that much damage to you.
I like the idea of including "punishing" abilities in order to increase the power-to-cost of the troop (eg: Fang of the Mountain God). This particular one seems pretty damning, so you could probably pack some serious punch into any troop unfortunate enough to carry this curse.

Slaeer
04-04-2014, 04:29 PM
Plagued Zombie
4 Cost, 3 Blood Threshold
1 atk / 4 def

If this troop deals damage to an opposing troop this turn, add 1 plague counter to the opposing troop.
At the beginning of each opposing champion's turn, troops they control with plague counters get permanent -0atk/-1def per counter.
If a plagued troop would die, revert that troop and covert it into a Plagued Zombie under your control.

If this troop deals damage to an opposing champion, add 1 plague debuff to the opposing champion.
Opposing champions lose 1 life every turn for each debuff applied.
Remove all plague debuffs when the opposing champion gains life.

- Not sure if they can do the debuff mechanic to the champion but it would be pretty awesome if they could. Debuffs and Buffs would also put it in line with the MMO aspect. Like if you could play a card that could help buff yourself or a teammate, or remove a debuff.