PDA

View Full Version : Any truth to this?

billyr
04-02-2014, 10:56 PM
read this on boardgamegeek:

Just got this from my ticket I submitted to the company.

Hi Michael,

The Martian and Felix promo cards were for a temporary pre-order promotion only unfortunately. That offer expired on release date. One good piece of news is that in the next month we will have our available promo cards on sale at Board Game Geek for $5. We don't want the after market charging $20+ for people who just want to complete their collection. Keep an eye out on our site for the announcement that promo cards are not available for purchase.

Thank you
- Cryptozoic Customer Support Team

Matt_Hyra
04-03-2014, 12:40 AM
There is some truth to it. Stay tuned...

Envoyofduels
04-04-2014, 08:07 AM
Sweet, even if its the Manhunter promo that I already I am ok with this. I will not pay $30 for the Starfire Promo, crazy.

billyr
04-16-2014, 08:54 PM
Any new info? Was the announcement about promos being packaged with the games in the future the announcement? While we're on the subject of promos being packaged with the game will this just be in the cryptozoic store and brick and mortar locations or other places as well like amazon, coolstuffinc, trollandtoad, miniature market, etc?

Toshirauma
04-17-2014, 10:17 AM
Any new info? Was the announcement about promos being packaged with the games in the future the announcement? While we're on the subject of promos being packaged with the game will this just be in the cryptozoic store and brick and mortar locations or other places as well like amazon, coolstuffinc, trollandtoad, miniature market, etc?

There will be a separate announcement about the promos being for sale separately. We're getting close to announcing this but we want to have everything in place when we do.

To answer your other question, for games that release with a promo card, we will be taping the promo card to the back of every box as they come into the warehouse but in some cases, there may be orders that go out before the promos are taped. This may include places like Amazon if our Amazon direct account pre-orders games. Since anyone can sell on Amazon, some may have them and some may not. If you want to make sure you get the promo card, ask the seller before you buy.

We do not sell directly to the other places that you mentioned so if they are purchasing their games through Alliance, they will have the promo cards when they are sent out but we can't control whether or not they remove the promo cards before re-selling them. Again, ask before you buy if the promos are important to you.

All our E-store orders will go out with the associated sales promo card as stated on the product page of the E-store.

For Archer and games releasing later this year, we will have the promo cards directly inside the box of just the first edition printing of the game. Every first edition copy will get promo cards regardless of where they are purchased and will have a special seal on the front of the box making sure that customers can clearly distinguish them from later printings. We feel like this is cleaner and will decrease some confusion and frustration that customers have experienced with the promo cards.

Let us know if you have any further questions by submitting a ticket to our customer service portal here:http://cryptozoic.kayako.com/

Thanks for the great questions!

-Sara Erickson
National Hobby Channel Manager
Cryptozoic Entertainment

lesthn12parsecs
04-22-2014, 03:22 AM
My question is about the promos being sold separately(if they are)..namely, the DC stuff like Manhunter, Starfire, Faust...

If and when you put them on sale, if I miss the announcement by a day or two, will they already be sold out or will I still have a chance to order them.

I never get the reasons why companies don't want to make extra money off things like this. People sell them on ebay for ridiculous amounts, and the creators make no money. I would rather pay an extra $5 apiece for each card to the creator of the game then the $20+ to some one ebay.

And I know people will come back with "just print 'em and use 'em that way"...I paid for the original game and the HU...my family and friends love it and want to keep supporting it ( in fact, we are going to buy versions of each game again in the near future so we can keep a combined deck at all times and can't wait for the Crisis expansion), but I just don't understand the creators not wanting to let fans show support...especially if you miss buying it with the game (or however you get it) or hoping in my small town that some one will have a promo day or whatever.

Thanks for the help...and thanks for the great game, we have had some great times with this one and will continue to....

lessthan12parsecs

freudinio
04-22-2014, 01:12 PM
Will these be available to europeasants as well?

Edit: I ask because stuff like this, really pisses me off... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Felix-Faust-DC-Deck-Builder-Promo-New-Sealed-/181369872118?pt=Games_US&hash=item2a3a7c9ef6

Zuty
04-22-2014, 02:17 PM
I ask because stuff like this, really pisses me off... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Felix-Faust-DC-Deck-Builder-Promo-New-Sealed-/181369872118?pt=Games_US&hash=item2a3a7c9ef6

The game store I go to took all the promos Cryptozoic sent them and put them in the case for $20 each ... They never even ran a tournament either, so they lied about that to get the promos. THAT pisses me off.

~Zuty