PDA

View Full Version : any chance to be in the closed beta as someone who didn't back?

teasel
04-03-2014, 04:54 AM
well i know this is kind of a silly question otherwise it kinda defeats the term "closed" but to be honest...

1) it wouldn't be the first time someone do a promotion of sort to get into a closed beta
2) if you can finaly earn reward and get to keep your stuff when the game finaly launch,i'd like the head start
3) not to make this thread a complaining one but the game is like 7 month behind the promised kickstarter date,if i knew it would take this long i would have tought more about whetever to back for access or not

...so i guess just asking at least wouldn't hurt even if i guess most people here don't have any idea about it anyway

Cernz
04-03-2014, 04:58 AM
slacker backer closed april 1st, so i dont think they will reopen a new possibility to
join alpha/closed beta in the near future - time was long enough to become a backer.

but i wish you best of luck, maybe someone else with 2 or more accounts wants to
give one away (rewards will be sent to the e-mail - so it would not hurt that much).

Xenavire
04-03-2014, 05:05 AM
1) Yes, companies do this. CZE has no obligation to, but they are pretty awesome, so it is hard to say which way they will go with it. Closed Beta is expected to be short, so I would lean towards no.

2) Having a head start was never what the alpha/beta was about. If this is your main motivation, I personally find that a little unfair - lots of people want in just to play, and you want in just to get a jump on the competition.

3) Slacker backer was available for literally months, and just ended, and all the kickstarter tiers, even the $10 one, were promised beta access from day one of the kickstarter. Then alpha access was added, with plenty of time to back for it. You have no real excuse here, you had one opportunity to back during the kickstarter, and then the slacker backer option... It has been almost a year, and any of those days you could have backed.

So what I suggest? Wait for open beta. It is looking close enough already, and CBT should only last about a month, if things go smoothly.

Kroan
04-03-2014, 05:14 AM
I agree with all that has been said, except

So what I suggest? Wait for open beta. It is looking close enough already, and CBT should only last about a month, if things go smoothly.
I count on two months, at least!

Xenavire
04-03-2014, 05:33 AM
Do you mean the start date or duration of CBT? Because Cory estimated it would be short (and I feel like it will be as short as possible - CBT is just bug testing time for real money transactions, once they have the kinks worked out I fully expect them to go into open beta.)

I won't deny the large possibility of delays though.

teasel
04-03-2014, 05:42 AM
2) Having a head start was never what the alpha/beta was about. If this is your main motivation, I personally find that a little unfair - lots of people want in just to play, and you want in just to get a jump on the competition.

nah i don't want to get a jump on the competition but playing without a sense of progression kinda defeat the purpouse of playing doesn't it?

anyway wasn't slacker backer like 50$ though? i wouldn't have mind 10$ for early access but 50$ is too much

and yes i know it came with other reward but i'm only interessed into access

Xenavire
04-03-2014, 06:18 AM
The 50 was already paying for the boosters. So it was worth the price and access. But moot point now.

As for playing without purpose? Technically the entire alpha has been this way. People were still spending all their time there.

teasel
04-03-2014, 07:22 AM
yes i know that's why i wasn't interessed in alpha and decided to ask now :D

ossuary
04-03-2014, 07:23 AM
The answer is almost certainly no. If they do let additional people into the closed beta, it's going to be some kind of promotional thing (trying to get media personalities to give them coverage, etc.). Everyone had a chance to back earlier and get access before open beta. Everyone who didn't will have to wait.

Hibbert
04-03-2014, 09:30 AM
There is a beta signup on hextcg.com. I wouldn't be too surprised if people who signed up there got beta invites prior to the full open beta, depending on how the numbers for the closed beta work out vs. CZE's testing needs. There aren't any guarantees, but signing up is probably your best bet for earlier access now.

chili
04-05-2014, 06:25 PM
Yeah I feel that once the transaction things get going they will want more people in the closed beta as not a lot games/drafts will be going on without more people (as they will cost money), also to not have such an abrupt transition towards open beta in terms of both economy and number of players, as well generating some cash flow for them, as probably the KS money will run out at some point.