PDA

View Full Version : Hex passion rejuvenated!

firedancer27
04-04-2014, 08:12 AM
This week my passion for the game has been rekindled! The game has come so far stability wise. I have played a draft to completion once a day for the past three or four days and the variety of deck types I have seen in these drafts has really surprised me. This along with the great interview that was posted with Cory Jones earlier this week has brought me back to a place of excitement for this game I haven't been since Kickstarter.

I don't want to say I lost hope as it didn't get that drastic but I understand more now the risk Cory said they were taking by letting us into Alpha. Seeing the sausage getting made might have made me more queasy than I thought it would! But now seeing the progress is remarkable. Of course there are still little glitches but not the game breakers that occurred all the time when hex was first released. This on top of all the PvE (the main reason I kickstarted this game) tid bits Cory gave in the interview just has my blood pumping for what this game is going to be.

Ok..this is really all I had to say..no real huge point but there was so much enthusiasm in me I had to get it out via the forums. Hex!!!!!

Scammanator
04-04-2014, 10:06 AM
I totally get what you mean. It's hard keeping up the enthusiasm we had during the kickstarter.

I've been playing in the alpha regularly, and I've been enjoying it, but the timeline was stretched out so far from our expectations that I had to let go of some of that excitement I initially had for the game.

Now, we have a full set and functional draft tournaments, plus closed beta is looming just over the horizon. I'm starting to get back some of that zeal that I had to set aside.

If Cryptozoic can maintain its current momentum, then I will be in full fanboy mode by the time open beta comes around.

shadealpha
04-04-2014, 10:57 AM
I completely agree. All the things Cory said in that interview the other day about the crafting system, got me really excited for Hex again. Not that I haven't been playing almost daily and I have been enjoying it alot lately as the game has become really stable and most of the really bad bugs seems to have been squashed. I can't wait to get some more PvE info :)

Angelscream
04-04-2014, 11:03 AM
Hex will be the best tcg game erver played , just wait

Mejis
04-04-2014, 12:54 PM
Nice post firedancer, great to hear your enthusiasm has returned.

Now that the game is so stable I get a huge amount of excitement each week just waiting for the patch and wondering what it will bring.
I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing the sausage being made, and continue to enjoy the process ;)

Ravallian
04-05-2014, 02:21 AM
I think I burned my self out a little at the beginning, but took a couple of months off and now I'm as enthusiastic as ever!

Hex as a product is superb as we all agree but I think its PvE and Tablet support that will push it into the mainstream so to speak, so hope they release these soon after the PvP!

bofedy
04-05-2014, 09:55 AM
I have to say when hex started my hype level was max and i burned out after 6 months so i left the game and came back a month later and was happy with the game. Im not as hyped now but im in a place where i will play this game and not get board with it but i am geting more excited recently with all the cool patches :)

djlowballer
04-06-2014, 02:13 AM
I felt a similar rekindling when I logged into the alpha last week for the first time since it launched. Everything was so much smoother than before. The only thing keeping me from sinking too much time into the game is the ambiguity over the walled garden approach. Playing on a PH server holds zero appeal.