PDA

View Full Version : New hardware in

bojanglesz
04-04-2014, 04:44 PM
New hardware is in and hooked up per the HEX update...

Does that mean...we're a month away?

Yubar
04-04-2014, 06:49 PM
I was thinking the same thing man

Daer
04-04-2014, 06:52 PM
Seems like the hardware is just in for testing, Hex isn't actually running on it. They said there would be several days downtime when they switch over.

Xenavire
04-04-2014, 07:33 PM
Looks like a May beta is not looking impossible. A few weeks of server tests, a week for the swap, a month for more tests... Puts us near the end of May.

Ravallian
04-05-2014, 02:18 AM
I say June, I always said that I'm happy for the delay as long as the product improves because of it....besides, that would be a yea since the KS campaign.....and a year since I had a punch up with my bank manager to get some more money to give to Corey!

Silent
04-05-2014, 03:57 AM
I'm actually expecting it at the end of April, mid of May at the latest. Cory did say, that Auction House might come right AFTER they launched the monetized beta and since he also said, they were only checking for the last bugs to make sure it is bullet proof, I really doubt thats something, that takes more than a few weeks. I say Beta this month! :D

Xenavire
04-05-2014, 04:11 AM
I'm actually expecting it at the end of April, mid of May at the latest. Cory did say, that Auction House might come right AFTER they launched the monetized beta and since he also said, they were only checking for the last bugs to make sure it is bullet proof, I really doubt thats something, that takes more than a few weeks. I say Beta this month! :D

Unless things have changed since Cory's blog, this month would be impossible for beta. The server swap could happen monday and there still wouldn't be enough time - they would have to cut down the testing time to two weeks to even get close.

As much as I would love Beta for my birthday, there is pretty much 0 chance of it being this month.

Silent
04-05-2014, 07:28 AM
Don't take away my hopes here! Its my birthday on the 1th of May. I need my presents in form of Kickstarter Rewards :D

Xenavire
04-05-2014, 07:40 AM
I feel the same way, for sure. It would be the best April 21 for me if I got a beta alert and my activation code for my rewards...

Axle
04-05-2014, 07:48 AM
Auction house comes in during monetized closed beta right? To test it out before the game is in open and in the hands of non understanding post-alpha players.

Xenavire
04-05-2014, 08:34 AM
Auction house comes in during monetized closed beta right? To test it out before the game is in open and in the hands of non understanding post-alpha players.

Considering the planned time for CBT, yes, this seems likely. The first feature for CBT is AH, with guilds etc coming shortly afterwards. I am fairly sure that guilds have to be before Open Beta (to stick to commitments about guilds creation promises) so it seems very likely that the AH will be tested fully before Open Beta.

Yubar
04-05-2014, 12:54 PM
So the only difference from now and 1st stage of closed beta is the store correct? So no trading and no 4x of everything? I wonder how this will work, I assume maybe we'll have our KS stuff by then so we'll be forced to crack a lot of packs to play reasonable decks.

Xenavire
04-05-2014, 01:16 PM
So the only difference from now and 1st stage of closed beta is the store correct? So no trading and no 4x of everything? I wonder how this will work, I assume maybe we'll have our KS stuff by then so we'll be forced to crack a lot of packs to play reasonable decks.

Cory mentioned mailing cards will be a thing, but I am assuming that will require the same functionality as real trading, so yeah... Seems like we play what we open for a while. Thats a strong argument for jumping into draft a lot actually, regardless of whether you like cracking packs or not.

That also interferes with my plans to try and pick up copies of every kickstarter card - specifically Extinction/Victoria, and the PvE exclusives. I really would like playsets, and I know some people have an excess, but having to compete with all the open beta players is going to hurt. (It really sucks, my main motivation is because I want to make tons of decks to share with my guild.)

bojanglesz
04-05-2014, 01:23 PM

Yeah we're basically feature complete for closed beta as far as I can tell, since AH and trading got pushed.

Yubar
04-05-2014, 02:32 PM
Yeah maybe they shouldn't release monetized without trading. For guys like me who enjoy constructed a lot more it will be pretty boring for awhile seeing as I'm not going to crack 100 of my packs. I'll probably do a few drafts but I'd probably just lay off for awhile until trading is incorporated. Not trying to slam or troll just stating something I think could be a problem if our assumptions are correct.

primer
04-06-2014, 07:34 AM
Why is everyone wanting beta so bad? just look at the bug report thread, a lot of draft still don't fire, multiple byes and 'could not start please try again' they need all that to be working 100% first.

How much will it suck when I'm paying real money for my draft not to start. I realise they will refund etc. but ive still spent 20mins drafting a deck.. maybe I got money rares ill have taken off me because im going to be refunded the packs and plat. Wont be cool at all.

Xenavire
04-06-2014, 07:41 AM
Why is everyone wanting beta so bad? just look at the bug report thread, a lot of draft still don't fire, multiple byes and 'could not start please try again' they need all that to be working 100% first.

How much will it suck when I'm paying real money for my draft not to start. I realise they will refund etc. but ive still spent 20mins drafting a deck.. maybe I got money rares ill have taken off me because im going to be refunded the packs and plat. Wont be cool at all.

They have been making amazing progress the past month or two. They are on the verge of having it ready for Beta, including have the game-breaking bugs squashed, like failed drafts. Of course they need to have all those bugs fixed before they monetise, but the fact is that they are almost ready for beta regardless - they just need to make final passes etc.

And we are going to have to grit through the teething pains - they cannot possibly guarantee that every bug is squashed, especially with new content on the way. But they have promised reimbursement in the favour of the player, so if a calamity should occur, the player should be fairly safe.

So it makes sense for people to be eager to get into the beta phase - being able to start a collection, etc.

primer
04-06-2014, 07:59 AM
They have been making amazing progress the past month or two. They are on the verge of having it ready for Beta, including have the game-breaking bugs squashed, like failed drafts. Of course they need to have all those bugs fixed before they monetise, but the fact is that they are almost ready for beta regardless - they just need to make final passes etc.

And we are going to have to grit through the teething pains - they cannot possibly guarantee that every bug is squashed, especially with new content on the way. But they have promised reimbursement in the favour of the player, so if a calamity should occur, the player should be fairly safe.

So it makes sense for people to be eager to get into the beta phase - being able to start a collection, etc.

I disagree. If they are going to take money then I shouldn't be failing 1 in 3/4 drafts. I get the 'unable to start game please try again' bug a lot of the time and have been for the past 4 months.

I realise how much progress has been made I play probably 5-10 drafts a week. But if I happen to get 2 legendary cards then the game crashes am I going to be satisfied with my refund? prob not.. When the game goes live I'll value my 20-30 min spent drafting much more than I do in an alpha because in alpha I expect things to go wrong. But don't take my money and make me spend time on a pointless task.

Xenavire
04-06-2014, 08:04 AM
I disagree. If they are going to take money then I shouldn't be failing 1 in 3/4 drafts. I get the 'unable to start game please try again' bug a lot of the time and have been for the past 4 months.

I realise how much progress has been made I play probably 5-10 drafts a week. But if I happen to get 2 legendary cards then the game crashes am I going to be satisfied with my refund? prob not.. When the game goes live I'll value my 20-30 min spent drafting much more than I do in an alpha because in alpha I expect things to go wrong. But don't take my money and make me spend time on a pointless task.

I never said they would just give you a refund, nor did I say that they were planning to continue with bugs still in place. I said that they are moving very quickly, and that the bugs will be as close to fixed as possible - if any borderline bugs remain, they will give the player the cards owed, etc. (Cory said it himself - you fail to start in a draft, and all your cards are gone, they will try to recover all those cards for you. They may even return the entry fee, because thats how awesome they are.)

Maybe you should go watch the recent stream, it has tons of great info.

primer
04-06-2014, 08:14 AM
I never said they would just give you a refund, nor did I say that they were planning to continue with bugs still in place. I said that they are moving very quickly, and that the bugs will be as close to fixed as possible - if any borderline bugs remain, they will give the player the cards owed, etc. (Cory said it himself - you fail to start in a draft, and all your cards are gone, they will try to recover all those cards for you. They may even return the entry fee, because thats how awesome they are.)

Maybe you should go watch the recent stream, it has tons of great info.

I never said that you said they were going to give me a refund.

I've watched the recent interview.

If they recover my cards from a crashed draft then I still lose out on the tournament games and packs. That's no good either.

Xenavire
04-06-2014, 08:20 AM
I don't see why this is a big deal to you - I would not be surprised if they let you keep the picks you made and gift you a free draft on top of it. Even without any extras, it is like you playing and your internet disconnecting for long enough for you to lose to the timer. They have a great policy in place, far better than any other company I know of.

And this is assuming that you experience a very rare bug (because they will be very careful to avoid every bug possible with purchases and tournaments. Beta will not start before they are confident.)

That still doesn't mean that people are not allowed to be excited. They are nearly there already - and it seems like this weeks patch is going to be a big bug killer, thanks to all the extra work that has gone into it.

primer
04-06-2014, 08:30 AM
I cant see them letting you keep the draft and give you another free draft although that would be cool. Also I cant see them giving you a reimbursement in any form for your own internet cutting out... otherwise you'd get people who are like 'well time to pull the plug' this isn't going my way.

The way I see it for refunds in any form is this:

You draft your deck the draft crashes for whatever reason or you don't get to play. Then:

1) CZE let you keep your cards and give you the 100 plat back. That's fair but you've just missed out on up to 3 games and any rewards from said draft.

2) CZE takes your draft picks off you and gives you 3 packs and 100 plat to try again. Also fair enough but now you've missed out on the picks you made. Maybe your draft was bad, poor rares etc or maybe you got a legendary that you need or is worth plat.

In either case its not easy to work out a good solution. I'm not trying to cause agro just playing devil's advocate, I also cant wait for beta.

Xenavire
04-06-2014, 08:40 AM
OK, I worded part of that badly, I meant that running into a bug, and them giving you all the cards you drafted, is essentially the same as your internet failing.

And both those solutions are the most likely and are as fair as any company would offer. But CZE being CZE, I don't expect them to give a free draft, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. They just want the fans happy, and if a fan drafted an amazing deck, with great cards, CZE would do whatever they could to make it right, even if the player wasn't that upset.

Thrawn
04-06-2014, 09:21 AM
Considering that the last patch put drafts back to a state where you have almost as many games fail to launch as actually work I would hope they either have some amazing miracle patch in store or beta better be quite a ways out still.

Kroan
04-06-2014, 12:08 PM
Considering that the last patch put drafts back to a state where you have almost as many games fail to launch as actually work I would hope they either have some amazing miracle patch in store or beta better be quite a ways out still.
I personally had not a single problem with drafts since the last patch. And I've watched other streamers as well this week, and didn't see any problem there either.

hex_colin
04-06-2014, 02:12 PM

You're not playing the same game I am! I maybe have problems 5% of the time at most...

f5shooter
04-06-2014, 05:32 PM
The "unable to launch game" is something, I'm almost positive, tied to the time out "bug". I still suffer from this as of the latest patch.
If my game doesn't communicate with the server at least once EVERY 5 minutes, I got disconnected.

If I'm sitting in the lobby or perusing cards to make a new deck, I get the "Lost Connection" box and I have to close the game and restart it.
If I'm in a tournament and deck building and forget to save it every 5 minutes, I get timed out but no box. I only know it's happened because if I try to save a deck at that point, the blue circle that you see when saving a deck just spins forever. Thus meaning I have to close the game and re-login, but as soon as I close it, I get removed from the tournament. Then, once the matches begin, my opponent gets the "Unable to launch game" message.

I'm not the only suffering from the 5 minute time limit and I'm convinced once that issue is resolved it will help tournaments immensely.