PDA

View Full Version : OOC subforum: would the community benefit?

Derringer
04-08-2014, 06:34 PM
Hey, I don't really post much and I drop in to various streams over on twitch from time to time though. But I do like to lurk in the forums and read what people post. I used to frequent the forums for a game I used to play in... middle school and early high school? If anyone remembers Adventure Quest, we can both move on together. However, it wasn't the forums discussing the game itself that I kept me coming back- that was the work of the ooc (out of character) room, where threads were about pretty much anything.

I did a quick search and I found there's no place on the CZE boards to talk about stuff like the Game of Thrones finale or whether MGS: Ground Zeros is setting a bad precedent for game length in an AAA production (or other, y'know, silly things like the news or whatever ). Looking back at it, I feel rather strongly that the community on the AQ forums was made stronger by being able to talk about other things publicly. It really served to cement the community and keep people more involved.

Given how important community is assumed to be for Hex, and the activity of the hex forums, do you think that opening a subforum to discuss other topics would be beneficial to the community?

Yoss
04-08-2014, 08:59 PM
Sounds good to me.

meetthefuture
04-09-2014, 01:12 AM
I've never seen the game community forum surviving without having such a subforum. If there's no - people will move to another place at some point. I mean, people love talking about things, why not let them?

RobHaven
04-09-2014, 07:04 AM
Need this.
I've been getting bored with the stale material being rehashed on a daily basis. There are only so many things we can talk about before beta.

mudkip
04-09-2014, 12:03 PM
Yeah, I'd love an off-topic forum.

jimmywolf
04-09-2014, 12:15 PM
am sure it be a easy forum too add an could be a enjoyable place too read/post are random thoughts