PDA

View Full Version : HEX with controller

Defco
04-09-2014, 01:48 PM
Hello, im gonna ask more when then if ;)

So i love lay ing bed and play Magic 2014 with my controller.
So have anyone heard when thay are going to pu in some controller support och keybinding support så i can set my kontroler to keyboard keys and use it :)

Xenavire
04-09-2014, 01:58 PM
Hello, im gonna ask more when then if ;)

So i love lay ing bed and play Magic 2014 with my controller.
So have anyone heard when thay are going to pu in some controller support och keybinding support så i can set my kontroler to keyboard keys and use it :)

They haven't said anything about it, ever, to my knowledge. It may be a feature planned for the distant future, but their plan for playing away from your PC will be tablets. There are of course programs that let you program keys, but Hex does not support it officially now, nor does it seem likely in the near future.

I personally think that it would be a nice feature for some players, but other than laying down etc, I can't see why you would want to. A mouse/keyboard is so much more accurate and much faster. If tablets serve their purpose, or you happen to have a laptop, controller play might not be needed. But knowing CZE, it is probably going to happen when they have time to implement it.

Defco
04-09-2014, 02:12 PM
With my experiens with card games and controller is that its faster and more accurate then a mous :) If you know you kontroller and know what buttons every button dose its faster to strum a fast controller combination then drag your mous around the screen.

Ofc you can get speed in game bye seting up your keboard to do the things you want, but speed isent that importent in a card game tough :)

mudkip
04-09-2014, 04:41 PM
I guess the first hope is keyboard comands are added, then 3rd party programs can fill the gap.

Controller option would be really cool - I'd use it.

Ventreel
04-13-2014, 11:17 AM
Faster? It's trading card game, not first person shooter. I'm looking forward to see official gamepad support, this game screams for it as for final release.

fido_one
04-13-2014, 06:41 PM
I have been using my nvidia shield more and more often lately. Now that it allows for streaming outside of my local network, I'm probably going to default to my main rig on most of my games even if something like Hex has a tablet counterpart.

That and, with or without the shield, I have my rig hooked up to a TV or two at home - while I can keyboard / mouse it, I invariably go for a controller based game as it's not nearly as much of a headache to set up.

So I'm actually +1 for CZE to consider developing for controller support one of these days...

Kilo24
04-13-2014, 09:16 PM
Personally, I don't consider controller support particularly important, but it is a feature that I would be likely to use at least a little bit. I've got a laptop that I'll be running Hex on that I hook up to my TV, and it's more convenient to use a controller than a mouse while on my couch.

Ventreel
04-14-2014, 11:33 PM
Anyways, playing Magic 2014 on controller comfortably on couch has been huge improvement over sitting crooked before pc screen. As trading card games are rather going slow it wouldn't be much a problem speedwise. Of course, we could mention dozens of dozens of other, more important things to-do before release but controller support + toggle-able overlay showing respective buttons (as proper game with controller support does!) would do beautifully.

tautologico
04-15-2014, 09:25 AM
+1 for this feature request. It surprised me how much better playing Magic 2014 was with a controller, when playing on a PS3. This made me switch to using a controller when playing on the PC also.

Turtlewing
04-15-2014, 02:34 PM
TCGs lend themselves to controller input pretty well being both turn based and having a game environment expressed in cards than can be snapped to a grid.