PDA

View Full Version : Two patches in one week [explode]

Mejis
04-09-2014, 10:19 PM
Quick note to CZE to say bravo for the fact you're going to be pumping out another patch tomorrow!

I was expecting there to be no Thurs/Friday patch this week after the last one was pushed back to this week. Thought you'd all be having a little rest, hehe.

Not sure I can take the excitement ;)

Patrigan
04-10-2014, 04:35 AM
Wonder how big it will be, though.

No more new cards for a while, no more balance changes. So it will probably be bugfixes and fidelity upgrades.

Looking forward to it none the less.

Kroan
04-10-2014, 05:08 AM
Maybe we get alternate art to test out. Or maybe we can open chests and use the slot machine. Also more UI updates are coming from what I gathered.

Mejis
04-10-2014, 05:40 AM
Maybe we get alternate art to test out. Or maybe we can open chests and use the slot machine. Also more UI updates are coming from what I gathered.

Yeah looking forward to seeing what UI updates are in the works :)

hammer
04-10-2014, 06:02 AM
I am hoping for best of 3 with reserves in the proving grounds. Alternate Art support and chest generation and storag.General UI upgrades.

DanTheMeek
04-10-2014, 06:58 AM
While the patch certainly could be something small, just a few bug fixes or whatever, the thing to remain excited about is that just because the last patch was recent, does not mean this one is necessarily small. It would be a fallacy to believe this patch is necessarily just stuff that's been worked on since the last patch. The last patch included everything they felt was ready by that time, but who knows how many features have been in the works for months or even years that still weren't quite ready on tuesday but are ready (at least for alpha testing) now. And the sheer amount of stuff CZE is hoping to deliver with Hex that we still don't have is pretty staggering, everything from something as simple but potentially awesome as double backs and dynamic victory screens, to EVERY element of the PvE experience.

Again, I don't want to over hype things (for myself or anyone else), just saying the beauty of the development process is just about anything could be coming regardless of how much content we got previously.

noragar
04-10-2014, 07:41 AM
Agreed, Dan. After the last patch was delayed for so long, I was kind of expecting that was because a big new feature was being added. So I was pretty underwhelmed when it turned out to be mostly minor cost/attack/defense changes on a bunch of cards. So hopefully they were working on something major that wasn't quite ready yet so they decided to put out what they had.

The thing I'm really looking forward to is double backs to get an idea what the card leveling process is going to be like.

Silent
04-10-2014, 07:41 AM
I'm still saying Beta at the end of this month, mid of May at the latest! :D

Xenavire
04-10-2014, 07:57 AM
I'm still saying Beta at the end of this month, mid of May at the latest! :D

I am like 99% sure that if they don't announce the server swap in the weekly update, then there is no chance of beta this month, just because they will have to devote so much time preparing for the server swap. May is entirely possible, but I would estimate later in May, not earlier.

Silent
04-10-2014, 09:16 AM
Well, we don't know how much they already changed the hardware in the background. And on top of that, monetized beta is still beta. At the moment the server seems fine overall already. I don't expect them to require weeks of server testing, before the beta starts. Thats why I'm still predicting beta start during the next 3-5 weeks.

mudkip
04-10-2014, 09:20 AM
I always maintain low expectations, that way I'm always impressed.

Xenavire
04-10-2014, 09:58 AM
Well, we don't know how much they already changed the hardware in the background. And on top of that, monetized beta is still beta. At the moment the server seems fine overall already. I don't expect them to require weeks of server testing, before the beta starts. Thats why I'm still predicting beta start during the next 3-5 weeks.

Cory said we could lose up to a week of game time when they do the server swap, so we know exactly how far they have gotten - the servers are almost ready for the transfer, but the transfer hasn't happened yet.

Daer
04-10-2014, 10:07 AM
Swiss-tournaments and paid tournaments with prize payouts in patch 830

Xenavire
04-10-2014, 10:10 AM
Swiss-tournaments and paid tournaments with prize payouts in patch 830

Don't forget animated Gozzog! Seems like an awesome patch for a mostly minor one (well, swiss is huge!)

Silent
04-10-2014, 12:32 PM
Cory said we could lose up to a week of game time when they do the server swap, so we know exactly how far they have gotten - the servers are almost ready for the transfer, but the transfer hasn't happened yet.

We still got three weeks left in April :) But lets not make a bigger deal out of this, than it has to be. I'm very optimistic (which is uncommon for me) that we'll see the start of the Beta in 3-4 weeks. If I'm right, we will all just be happy. If I'm wrong, we wait a little longer and you were right. Easy as that :) At the end of the day, we both will be totally blown away, when it finally happens. Doesn't matter if its April or May then :)

Xenavire
04-10-2014, 12:38 PM
We still got three weeks left in April :) But lets not make a bigger deal out of this, than it has to be. I'm very optimistic (which is uncommon for me) that we'll see the start of the Beta in 3-4 weeks. If I'm right, we will all just be happy. If I'm wrong, we wait a little longer and you were right. Easy as that :) At the end of the day, we both will be totally blown away, when it finally happens. Doesn't matter if its April or May then :)

You have me there hahaha. I want Beta as soon as humanly possible, but I like to be realistic and not get my hopes up - I have been recently burned somewhat by expecting guilds in Alpha, and they aren't coming until early Beta. I don't intend to get burned again any time soon, but I will be happy when Beta comes, early or late.

But based off what Cory has said, we could be testing the new servers for a long time before beta, so I really hope the server swap comes sooner rather than later.