PDA

View Full Version : Necromancer Deck

BenRGamer
04-10-2014, 09:57 AM
This is a bit of an odd duck of a deck, I first threw it together in five minutes between rounds of the Hex Pro March Tournament, it has no troops of it's own, instead relying on sheer removal to keep board control.

The main strategy of this deck is to simply outlast the opponents initial rush, and then use Surge Mechanism or Chimes of the Zodiac to wipe the opponent out in one or two fell swoops, or, failing that, build an army of zombies and other troops from the opponents with Chimes + Corrupted Afterlife, Zombie Plague, and Relentless Corruption and take them out that way.

Champion Gozzog

Resources
10x Diamond
10x Blood
4x Shards of Fate

Removal
3x Murder
3x Terrible Transfer
3x Extinction
3x Repel
3x Inner Conflict
3x Solitary Exile

Other:
3x Surge Mechanism
2x Chimes of the Zodiac
3x Life Siphon
3x Relentless Corruption
2x Corrupted Afterlife
3x Zombie Plague
2x Pact of Pain

Any suggestions to improve it?

BenRGamer
04-13-2014, 01:24 PM
Anyone have any comments at all? I'm posting these to try to get better at deck building.

icyangelus
04-13-2014, 08:16 PM
I haven't tested it but by looking at it the cards I would add would be: Inquisition, Giant Corpse Fly and Necessary Sacrifice.

Inquisition and Giant Corpse Fly are a nice alternate way of removal. Inquisition gets rid of any key card in your opponents hand while the fly takes out a random card from hand and can take out a troop as well. This 2 also work great against troopless decks(like yours) and milling decks that rarely summon any troops.

Necessary Sacrifice is pretty necessary you don't have draw power, if your opponent takes control of the card advantage before you rather than the other way around you probably lose because you don't have anything to draw with other than your pact of pain. Mulligans would hurt you a lot aswell. I know you have Relentless Corruption and while I personally love that card it actually can be unreliable and you have to draw into it multiple times for it to become an effective draw power, also with all the zombification cards and the Flies(should you decide to run them) I don't think you'll have a problem having a troop ready for Necessary Sacrifice.

That said I have no idea what to take out for them xD. If I test deck I'll let you know my thoughts on it.

Eierdotter
04-14-2014, 05:42 AM
it goes against your zombie flavour but,
add 4 Angels
cut corrupted afterlife(3x 2/2) and
add something more useful like High Tomblord, King Gabriel, Sadistic Castigator, Incanatation of Fear

also i am not sure about the terrible transfer in a dual shard deck (2-4 damage/life in late game), maybe consider to cut it and get 3x 4ofs from your other removals

meetthefuture
04-14-2014, 06:53 AM
add something more useful like High Tomblord, King Gabriel, Sadistic Castigator, Incanatation of Fear
There's exactly one card in the lsit that can actually be called useful (along with one "might-be'useful-at-some-point" and two "dont-even-look-at-me")
Can you find it? :)

BenRGamer
04-14-2014, 07:28 AM
There's exactly one card in the lsit that can actually be called useful (along with one "might-be'useful-at-some-point" and two "dont-even-look-at-me")
Can you find it? :)

Yeah, to be honest, I was thinking the same thing. High Tomb Lord isn't all that useful as I have no way to mill the opponent--the only thing I can do is send their troops to the graveyard, which, if I drop Terrible Transfer and Diamond, would be cut by over half, Sadistic Castigator is nice, but I have no way to take advantage of it other than the opponent passively drawing cards, Incantation of Fear is a maybe, though, and so is King Gabriel, but I'd be more inclined to add Giant Corpse Fly as was mentioned earlier, or maybe Uruunaz.

I specifically want to keep diamond, though, as it gives a lot of utility through Inner Conflict and Solitary Exile--otherwise I have no way to deal with Invincible troops like Fist or Lixil, and Constant/Artifact Removal through Exile.

I kinda want to see how far I can get without troops of my own, too, as a thought experiment

RoaRawR
04-19-2014, 07:19 AM
You don't need to mill the opponent for tomb lord to be strong, but I still question that you find him weak with a deck where 1/3 is on destroy the opponent as "weak" (murder, extinct,life siphon,zombie plauge,terrible transfer,repel that is 18 cards of the deck that can boost him + you got chimes + add on the normal basic spells also count and don't forget all your spell cards in your gravyard with all the basic actions and quick action this deck have) I would rather say he would be the executoneer as by the time you get him out there will atleast be 4 cards in each gravyard so a 8/8 and growing for 6 shards is not to frown upon

But the main problem I found is that you are more or less free dinner first turns and very slow. I would drop diamond and rather pick sapphireor ruby. I love the three removal cards as diamond but you already ton of them already so you more or less end in a long stalement at best but the zombies are very weak and to slow to do anything deadly

could switch to kranok instead for a little more speed , 1-1 life trade with enemy champions are not that great

meetthefuture
04-21-2014, 09:09 AM
The troop with no evasion/crush/spellshield/whatever cannot be a reliable wincon even with 100/100 stats - even if opponent can't kill it, he will at least be able to chump block it while doing his own things

BenRGamer
04-22-2014, 11:01 AM
Hm. I'm considering Soul Marble, not only does it still leave the deck troopless, it also synergizes with the zombies, while still being useful if I don't have any out or can't keep them out