PDA

View Full Version : No Async for constructed?

Yubar
04-10-2014, 05:45 PM
Hey guys just wanted to make sure I was thinking about this correctly. I know Cory said asynchronous tournaments for sealed ala hearthstone but does anyone think there'll be Async for us wallet warrior busy types that enjoy constructed play but don't always have the time for full tournaments. I guess it'd be similar to "ranked matches" in so many other games but instead you have a set maximum amount of games (or maybe not) and get better prizes with more wins. The unlimited game model would knock you out perhaps after a set amount of losses while the set, let's say 4,6 or 8 maximum game model would payout based on win ratio. Thoughts here ?

Yoss
04-10-2014, 05:50 PM
I was under the impression that we'd have it for both Sealed and Constructed, but I think it was just wishful thinking. Chark only said "this is on a list" but wasn't clear on what "this" is (other than the fact that he was posting in the Asynch thread).

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=32002

Hey guys, just popping in to say that this is on a list of things to implement, but is not a priority right now. There are a lot of things that hearthstone does right--and this is one of them. We certainly want to create a format that allows for people to have bite-sized tournament experiences.

I am certainly hoping that Constructed is Asynchronous 8-man in place of what is currently available (8-man Synch).

Xenavire
04-10-2014, 06:04 PM
Cory only said 'Sealed' in the stream, although that doesn't rule out constructed. I think he was implying that *draft and constructed would have to be standard and not asynch, but I don't claim that as fact.

(*Draft was confirmed as non-asynch though.)

Ebynfel
04-10-2014, 06:22 PM
He only said sealed was on the table, to make it work like League Play. Start with a sealed, and after so many matches/etc you can add boosters to your card pool. It's the idea of taking old mtgo leagues and putting them into a competitive-ish form.