PDA

View Full Version : HEX - free to play?

Cernz
04-10-2014, 11:21 PM
does someone know how the free to play content works in HEX?

Do new players get 1 starter pack for free to play with it or are there any basic cards everybody will get?

I always read HEX is going to be free to play, but without cards nobody can play? :)

In PVE you can get some new cards for free, but with which card you can play PVE?

Gwaer
04-11-2014, 01:00 AM
Every account gets a free starter that is untradable

Kardh
04-11-2014, 01:02 AM
The PvE part will be free to play and you will be able to get PvE cards just by playing, but for the PvP part you will have to pay.

Cernz
04-11-2014, 01:08 AM
fine, didnt know about the free starter, thats nice to hear (and makes sense) :)

Gwaer
04-11-2014, 01:17 AM
You can PVP with the starter deck if you want. But I doubt you'll be winning any more cards with it.

ossuary
04-11-2014, 04:55 AM
You can PVP with the starter deck if you want. But I doubt you'll be winning any more cards with it.

True, but you can at least try out some casual games against other people with it. I wouldn't risk a buck to try it in a competitive tournament or anything, but it would certainly be a cheap way to try out a Swiss constructed tournament, just to see how it all works.

aatttt
04-11-2014, 09:17 AM
Can i delete the free starter deck?

i dont want untradeable cards floating around in my collection!

BenRGamer
04-11-2014, 09:55 AM
I'd assume not. It's there so that you'll always be able to actually play the game

Turtlewing
04-11-2014, 10:28 AM

They could potentially add a "starters only" tournament format with entry fees and prize support. It would in a lot of ways be the limited equivalent of a paupers format (I't similar to sealed but you don't have to buy the packs if you use your free starter)

Stok3d
04-12-2014, 09:24 AM
The PvE part will be free to play and you will be able to get PvE cards just by playing, but for the PvP part you will have to pay.

Not entirely true. I'm sure people will be able to sell equipment and cards from PVE and get PVP cards. I'm sure many will be capable of having top decks without having a dime in the game.

AstaSyneri
04-14-2014, 04:32 AM
So far it's pretty much hearsay. None of us really know how exactly it's going to work.

Yes, there is a free starter
Yes, you win cards and other stuff in PvE
Personally I doubt that you will be able to play PvE (successfully) without having at least a solid collection of the base set cards

Best course of action (imho) is to enter the VIP program and play a few booster drafts. Then everybody can decide for him/herself what they want to play.